Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

This thing that there should be pre-qualifiers that Southgate was banging on about last night. San Marino have just as much of a right to take part in the qualifiers as someone like Italy does.

Agreed. This is what the qualifiers are for, you'd think they were getting a bye into the tournament the way they go on. As if two fixtures against a minnow every 2 years is such a chore for the millionaires :lol:

If it means fewer boring as fuck International weekends, then I'm all for it tbh :lol:

Under-rated/over-rated. "Is Simon Mignolet the most under-rated goalkeeper in the Premiership?" (BBC Text). Just say he's good FFS, everyone knows he's good. What he means is surely that Mignolet is a good player playing for a dodgy team. Or that the writer is just ignorant.

Guest AFCNewcastle1892

Managers wearing track suits on the touchline. Pulis and O'Neil. You look like fucking chavs.

Goals being over-analysed. "Well if the keeper had another arm he would have go to that!".

It's a fair point 10% of the time after watching 16 replays in slow motion but the other 90% it just seems they are trying to take away some fantastic bit of skill a player has just pulled off.

Goals being over-analysed. "Well if the keeper had another arm he would have go to that!".

It's a fair point 10% of the time after watching 16 replays in slow motion but the other 90% it just seems they are trying to take away some fantastic bit of skill a player has just pulled off.

Alan Hansen started it from what I recall, every fucking incident is "terrible defending" and he says it like he's offended and he'd love every game to finish 0-0.

Alan Hansen started it from what I recall, every fucking incident is "terrible defending" and he says it like he's offended and he'd love every game to finish 0-0.

Tbf to Hansen the majority of humans/footballers make the perfect decision every time which is why we see loads of/no goals every game.

Alan Hansen started it from what I recall, every f***ing incident is "terrible defending" and he says it like he's offended and he'd love every game to finish 0-0.

That bloke has boiled my piss for years.

How you can fuck up in the Champions League but fall into the Europa League. You had your chance and blew it, but here is a second chance to win a competition surrounded by 'weaker' opposition. It's bullshit!

this, really annoying to go through a fair number of games then come across a loser who gets rewarded with a chance at another trophy, is it going to change? like hell the big clubs want that safety net

Guest bimpy474

How you can fuck up in the Champions League but fall into the Europa League. You had your chance and blew it, but here is a second chance to win a competition surrounded by 'weaker' opposition. It's bullshit!

This x a million.

It's utter bullshit that failures in the Champions League get another chance.

This x a million.

It's utter bullshit that failures in the Champions League get another chance.

:nods:

Completely misguided way of getting more "interest" to the EL.

Guest bimpy474

Its a hypothetical pet hate but while our game was on I couldn't help but think if an 'England Hero' played for Benfica (specifically Gerrard) then commentators would probably be cheering on that team as opposed to ours.

A strange thought that made me angry.

You hate your own hypothetical, as yet unproven pet hate....:lol:

Brilliant, i'm liking this :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Why are bimpys posts always new even when I've read them  :huff:

I seem to jinx the site, apparently it only happens with me and a couple of others.