Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

"One for the cameras" When a keeper holds a shot rather than parrying. Basically getting the p*ss taken out of them for doing their job better.

Erm.  Isn't it the other way around?  I always hear that term or 'camera save' when the keeper has tucked their legs up and fail to land on their feet, when they clearly could have done.  Or they parry a shot, that they could easily catch. 

"One for the cameras" When a keeper holds a shot rather than parrying. Basically getting the p*ss taken out of them for doing their job better.

Erm.  Isn't it the other way around?  I always hear that term or 'camera save' when the keeper has tucked their legs up and fail to land on their feet, when they clearly could have done.  Or they parry a shot, that they could easily catch.

Could be that as well mate, my example happens plenty often enough though. As a former keeper it boils my piss!

One atm for me is commentators/presenters referring to the teams just promoted as "little bournmouth", "little watford" etc. As if these teams need a verbal hair ruffling from this current bunch of strutting, condescending, LAD/LASS wank stains.

Teams and fans throwing a fit when they kick the ball out for their own teammate to get treatment and expect the ball back. You should only get it back if you kick it out for the opposing team. Even then there is too much of that also.

It's one thing when they say "United" during a Man Utd vs Chelsea match, but the shitehawk commentating on our game last weekend spent the entire f***ing game saying it. Wanted him stabbed.

Glenn Hoddle was LITERALLY saying it a few times in every sentence. I don't even know why he was there, like a 3rd testicle.

Teams like West Ham and Southampton not taking Europe seriously.

:thup:

Southampton bloke at work: "I don't even want us to go far in Europe".

What the fuck is the point of your existence then? You're not winning the league or getting into the Champions League any time soon, and he's not bothered about the domestic cups either.

It's one thing when they say "United" during a Man Utd vs Chelsea match, but the shitehawk commentating on our game last weekend spent the entire f***ing game saying it. Wanted him stabbed.

Glenn Hoddle was LITERALLY saying it a few times in every sentence. I don't even know why he was there, like a 3rd testicle.

All about context. There's absolutely nothing wrong with saying just "United" or "City" in the right context. Like if Man City were playing Real Madrid.

But there is also absolutely everything wrong with saying just "United" in the way Hoddle was doing it all through our game last weekend. Very disrespectful.

No middle ground here, just extremes.

What the f*** is the point of your existence then? You're not winning the league or getting into the Champions League any time soon, and he's not bothered about the domestic cups either.

I can understand why the owners don't care for the europa and that's bad enough, but I will never understand why a fan wouldn't want to take it seriously unless they genuinely think they can get top 4 this season.

What the fuck is the point of your existence then? You're not winning the league or getting into the Champions League any time soon, and he's not bothered about the domestic cups either.

Yeah it's an asinine perspective.

Fuck the Europa League, I can't wait for that cold rainy night away at Stoke. That's where the magic happens.