Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Defending players standing on the edge of their own box watching a penalty with their hands on their hips and no intention of following in.

Also players making a standing start runs,  why not step back 5 yards and time your run to the penalty takers. You'll be the only player moving forward at pace when it's struck. Seeing as most pens are placed and the taker kind of stops as he takes it.

Are players banned from stuttering their runs? Guess they're thinking if they time it wrong there's a retake anyways.

Defending players should be ready to follow in as the attacking side usually are. I'd say the majority of the time the ball doesn't come back into the danger area but still.

Guest bimpy474

Defending players standing on the edge of their own box watching a penalty with their hands on their hips and no intention of following in.

Also players making a standing start runs,  why not step back 5 yards and time your run to the penalty takers. You'll be the only player moving forward at pace when it's struck. Seeing as most pens are placed and the taker kind of stops as he takes it.

Are players banned from stuttering their runs? Guess they're thinking if they time it wrong there's a retake anyways.

Defending players should be ready to follow in as the attacking side usually are. I'd say the majority of the time the ball doesn't come back into the danger area but still.

You can stutter your run but you're not allowed to stop, this is one of those in the ref's opinion things.

FA Cup replays on a Monday.

Uefa rules prevent the game being staged alongside Champions League action on Tuesday and Wednesday.

:buck2:

yes UEFA I'm sure those many Man Utd, Real Madrid and Chelsea Supporters will really not tune into those games when they can watch Hull vs Brighton! fucking morons

"Well if that's not a penalty then it has to be a yellow card for diving!"

Err, not really. If the forward legitimately slips over and loses their footing, or the defender legitimately manages to muscle the player out in a legal shoulder-to-shoulder challenge and the forward goes down, then it's neither a yellow or a pen, is it?

Err, not really. If the forward legitimately slips over and loses their footing, or the defender legitimately manages to muscle the player out in a legal shoulder-to-shoulder challenge and the forward goes down, then it's neither a yellow or a pen, is it?

Have you seen the decision in Burnley vs Derby yesterday? :lol:

Guest neesy111

Have you seen the decision in Burnley vs Derby yesterday? :lol:

That was the ref taking the piss. :lol:

Also, the ref has to be sure right? He can be both unsure whether it was a foul or a dive, in which case he should give nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

I really find irritating that whenever there is a spitting incident in football, immediately people will say 'I'd much rather be punched than spat at'.  Neither action is acceptable, but it strikes me as some sort of fake macho stance to immediately trot this line out.

You cannot really wash spit off a shirt when you're out like. It's there till it dries in.

You'd feel it on you even after you showered too. I can't decide, but I'd think worse of someone for spitting on me, and spitting would probably be my choice of 'attack' for someone I really fucking despised.