Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

"WE GO AGAIN!"

What is this s****.

It's absolute horseshit like.  File along 'worldie'

That word makes me feel like punching a horse

Southern terms aren't they? Also "we was" irks me

Hate it when for cup draws, they have the numbers with the team names on the screen. Takes out the suspense and drama for me as immediately when the ball is out, you'll refer to the list. Its still ok if you give a brief rundown of the numbers beforehand but it has spoiled the draw for me everytime we're involved.

Great shout that tbh

"WE GO AGAIN!"

What is this s****.

It's absolute horseshit like.  File along 'worldie'

That word makes me feel like punching a horse

Southern terms aren't they? Also "we was" irks me

'Top Top'

Paul Merson and the Soccer Saturday panel (minus Jeff Stelling). In fact, many other ex-pros, who seemingly have no idea about football. I get that they played the game at a pro level and TV channels will always look to hire ex-pros as pundits. But it is quite insulting, when it seems like more than half of them, have less knowledge about the game than your average fan.

They must get paid a pretty penny for doing it and have analysts helping them out before and during games. But could they not just do a bit of research so they don't come across as such mongs?

Paul Merson and the Soccer Saturday panel (minus Jeff Stelling). In fact, many other ex-pros, who seemingly have no idea about football. I get that they played the game at a pro level and TV channels will always look to hire ex-pros as pundits. But it is quite insulting, when it seems like more than half of them, have less knowledge about the game than your average fan.

They must get paid a pretty penny for doing it and have analysts helping them out before and during games. But could they not just do a bit of research so they don't come across as such mongs?

i've found the guys they have doing the talking on championship games rather refreshing for the most part, not as big household names but every often they seem to understand football a bit better - or at least don't advertise their ignorance quite so much

Probably already in here, possibly by me, but when teams wear their away strips when there's no need like we are doing tonight.

Teams are contracted by the supplier to wear their away and third strip 'x' amount of times a season.

The feeling behind it is that fans will be discouraged to buy a shirt if it's only worn by the team once.

Probably already in here, possibly by me, but when teams wear their away strips when there's no need like we are doing tonight.

Teams are contracted by the supplier to wear their away and third strip 'x' amount of times a season.

The feeling behind it is that fans will be discouraged to buy a shirt if it's only worn by the team once.

If that's the reason it becomes even more of a hate, especially as the feeling  that fans would be discouraged is wrong.

If that's the reason it becomes even more of a hate, especially as the feeling  that fans would be discouraged is wrong.

Not all teams have the same agreement but a majority do.

There was an article a while ago about Norwich(?) discussing why they wore their third kit against Stoke that makes reference to clubs having this contract clause.

There was an article a while ago about Norwich(?) discussing why they wore their third kit against Stoke that makes reference to clubs having this contract clause.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3399504/Norwich-City-chose-wear-bizarre-kit-defeat-Stoke-City-Premier-League-rules-it.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3399504/Norwich-City-chose-wear-bizarre-kit-defeat-Stoke-City-Premier-League-rules-it.html

I don't even see any need for a thrid strip. For the benefit of fans the FA should bring out a rule that away strips HAVE to be of a colour/design that would mean no need for a thrid strip. For example, our 70's Yellow top blue shorts kit measnt if the Black and white clashed with someone, the away strip couldn't. Not only that but fans would get an attachment to "their" away/change colours.

I don't even see any need for a thrid strip. For the benefit of fans the FA should bring out a rule that away strips HAVE to be of a colour/design that would mean no need for a thrid strip. For example, our 70's Yellow top blue shorts kit measnt if the Black and white clashed with someone, the away strip couldn't. Not only that but fans would get an attachment to "their" away/change colours.

Third strips are about money via shirt sales and little else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"If I did that on the street I'd be done for assault/If I did that on a night out, I'd get arrested."

People commenting on challenges, elbows, punches etc. You are playing a contact sport, FFS. In what situatiom wpuld you be jumping for headers in a nightclub and elbowing people in the head, or double footing old ladies outside Greggs?! I'm sure I have gone on about this before. But it is infuriating.

"That goal difference is worth an extra point."

No. It isn't.

"If I did that on the street I'd be done for assault/If I did that on a night out, I'd get arrested."

People commenting on challenges, elbows, punches etc. You are playing a contact sport, FFS. In what situation would you be jumping for headers in a nightclub and elbowing people in the head, or double footing old ladies outside Greggs?! I'm sure I have gone on about this before. But it is infuriating.

Mate, if someone aggressively shoves me anywhere they're gonna get one right back. Whether heads, elbows or fists get involved is in the balance at that point. :lol: I can cool it down anyway. Never had it escalate. Society kinda works.