Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest firetotheworks

Would you be happy being referred to as 'Castillo Nuevo' by the Spanish?

Eh? Since when are pronunciation and translation the same thing?

Ok then, "Noocasstlay" as that's probably the closest way you'd say our combination of letters using the way the Spanish would say it.

Are they saying it the English way in the style of Hugh Grant as well because that's the pronunciation equivalent.

Similarly we don't say 'Ren-ult' for Renault, but we also don't say 'hhhlrlreh-nohh' like Officer Crabtree in Allo Allo because that would be ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

Big clubs who use their own lettering & numbers for cup games.

:hmm:

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/europa-team.jpg

Fuck me, I remember that game.  We crawled into the group stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Players on the defending team assuming penalties are going to be scored. Tom Davies for Everton was fucking about with his socks as Cleverley took that one for Watford today, some of ours were doing it at Southampton as well. Really unprofessional.

Players on the defending team assuming penalties are going to be scored. Tom Davies for Everton was f***ing about with his socks as Cleverley took that one for Watford today, some of ours were doing it at Southampton as well. Really unprofessional.

Loved Acuna for the opposite of this. Every penalty, for and against, he followed in with 100% effort.

• 2 weeks later...

Tottenham fans' limited repertoire of songs/chants. Whenever they're on the telly it really is painful to listen to. From what I can gather, they have 5 and they're all shit:

You're facking shit

He's one of our own (despite Kane spending time at Arsenal earlier in his career)

Oh when the Spurs

Don't take me home

That new Sissoko one

Use of the word "average" to denote players clearly far below average for their standard/league. See, most of our team but in particular Colback/Elliot.