Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

1 hour ago, Disco said:

That’s exactly what I had. Weirdly the first person I think of when I see that top is Andreas Anderson.

The game at Anfield where we lost 4-2 after being 2-0 up, I distinctly remember Anderson wearing that with long sleeves and a white turtle neck. A few of our players had white Addidas turtle neck things on for that match, Haman definitely had one on too.

1 minute ago, Inferior Acuña said:

The game at Anfield where we lost 4-2 after being 2-0 up, I distinctly remember Anderson wearing that with long sleeves and a white turtle neck. A few of our players had white Addidas turtle neck things on for that match, Haman definitely had one on too.

Yup it’s that game specifically I picture it in too. He scored IIRC. Must’ve been on tele.

4 minutes ago, Disco said:

Yup it’s that game specifically I picture it in too. He scored IIRC. Must’ve been on tele.

Aye he did, through on goal, put us 2-0 up in the second half in front the away end. My first trip to Anfield.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

Stamford Bridge too. :lol:

Last goal of the Dalglish era.

Seem to also remember him scoring for Sweden against England while a Newcastle player in a defeat to them under Keegan? Might have just been after. 

EDIT: He was still here but it was Hoddle. This just about sums him up.

Alan Shearer fired Glenn Hoddle's side into an ideal start after just 74 seconds - but two blunders in a two-minute period in the first half handed the initiative to the impressive Swedes.

First David Seaman did well to parry Stefan Schwarz's swerving 30th minute free-kick - but no one in the England defence picked up Andreas Andersson for the rebound, and his tame shot looped off Tony Adams into the net.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

17 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Aye he did, through on goal, put us 2-0 up in the second half in front the away end. My first trip to Anfield.

That opening theme brings back memories. The current one is just hideous.

2 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I believe I read Stuart Pearce say somewhere that this game was the end of his NUFC career. Gullit slated him or something after and he knew that was it and he didn't play again.

Absolutely classic Steve Lodge (Barnsley, South Yorkshire FA) don’t get the card out properly red n all. The shit David Elleray.

Thought Anderson’s goal was a long ranger so no idea what I’ve conflated that with.

2 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Watch the extended highlights on the club website and just after two minutes there's a shot of Stephen Roger triumphantly bringing up some buttery phlegm.

Classy as always, wuh Steve [emoji38]

Edited by toon25

I find social media completely cringeworthy in relation to sports/football.

If it’s not one of those poorly put together graphics of someone who has passed away, it’s a fake quote attributed to someone, Sky’s media circus or something as crap as the above.

You also get the loons like Stifler on social media with bizarre opinions about decisions, referees and VAR after every single tackle/card/goal.

3 hours ago, TBG said:

Modern day social media giving us an influx of these every time a player has a decent game.

Screenshot-20210512-113758-Instagram.jpg

Theres was none of this back in the days of Bebo

Why the fuck would a Burnley fan give even the slightest of fucks about that?

On 08/05/2021 at 17:50, Optimistic Nut said:

Stamford Bridge too. :lol:

Last goal of the Dalglish era.

Seem to also remember him scoring for Sweden against England while a Newcastle player in a defeat to them under Keegan? Might have just been after.

Also scored against Arsenal in Europe for AIK.

And the last minute winner v Turkey that took Sweden to the 2002 WC.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

On 12/05/2021 at 13:05, Fantail Breeze said:

I find social media completely cringeworthy in relation to sports/football.

If it’s not one of those poorly put together graphics of someone who has passed away, it’s a fake quote attributed to someone, Sky’s media circus or something as crap as the above.

You also get the loons like Stifler on social media with bizarre opinions about decisions, referees and VAR after every single tackle/card/goal.

You what mate?

I go on about referee’s on here but I say the standard of them is poor in general, and I have said that long before VAR came along. I firmly believe VAR isn’t a problem, it’s the referee’s (including those in charge of VAR) which is the problem. If you go back to before VAR everyone thought VAR would prevent all these band decisions, and it hasn’t. It shows the problem lies with the officials.

For the record even though I have social media accounts, I rarely post about football on it, in fact I rarely make posts. I also hope you are distancing me from those ‘You’ll do for me Bonny lad’ posts.

On 14/05/2021 at 05:07, Inferior Acuña said:

Also scored against Arsenal in Europe for AIK.

And the last minute winner v Turkey that took Sweden to the 2002 WC.

Aye was Hoddle, press well and truly turned on him after it. Andersson and Shearer scoring in the same match novelty.

Edited by Wolfcastle