Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

6 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I still don't see how a Scot being a co-commentator can be a pet hate like. I was just asking, jeez. 

I know, I know.

But its kindve almost like a cliche now.

5 hours ago, GEFAFWISP said:

There's a ton of nothing English midfielders who fit that criteria.

Harry Winks being the current "25m rated" water carrier. They're all nothing players.

He must have some compromising photos of someone at Tottenham. Complete fraud of a player.

2 goals and 3 assists in 128 games across 6 seasons ffs. He’s 26 now too, not even a youngster.

Contributes fuck all offensively or defensively as a CM.

Tottenham love breeding that type of player - Oliver Skipp another one.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Home friendlies.

Barcelona and Juventus (first time round) aside, they've all just felt like a pain in the arse for me since 92.

Takes the buzz off the first proper home game, your and the players first game back for months.

Edited by Wolfcastle

• 3 weeks later...

This applies to TV coverage of all sports really.

It's when they decide to show the brief highlights of a game, and they insist on showing off their wonderful artistry and technical prowess by putting a sequence together where the action flits between all sorts of different angles and viewpoints, with close-ups and wider angles squeezed in. Yes, it may look great, but you don't get any idea of how a goal / try / run has been scored. 

I haven't watched Sports Personality of the Year since they started doing that. 

On 14/06/2022 at 15:02, Cronky said:

This applies to TV coverage of all sports really.

It's when they decide to show the brief highlights of a game, and they insist on showing off their wonderful artistry and technical prowess by putting a sequence together where the action flits between all sorts of different angles and viewpoints, with close-ups and wider angles squeezed in. Yes, it may look great, but you don't get any idea of how a goal / try / run has been scored. 

I haven't watched Sports Personality of the Year since they started doing that. 

Yes this is a good one. And on the subject of camera angle pet hates, any camera angle for penalties that isn’t your standard angle. No need. 

There are times when it can be needed or relevant but the current obsession with, when a goal has been scored, the replay freeze-frame to see if a players lug might be offside as the final pass is delivered prior to the goal. Christ. They do it for literally every replay now, fucking sick of of it.

1 hour ago, number37 said:

Sadio Mané getting a montage on Sky Sports News as if he's just died. He's not dead, he's just had the audacity to leave the English league, which is the same to Sky. 

Leaving Liverpool is similar to apostasy to our sports media.

• 2 weeks later...

West Ham...."We won the World Cup"

West Ham....nice free Stadium paid for by the taxpayer...ie you

West Ham.... Brady, Goldie, Sullivan

West Ham...why has Mark Noble ever been called up

West Ham....David Moyes

So yeah....West Ham in general

Edited by gjohnson
extra

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This recent thing where papers and press say, 'player x is moving to club y in a deal worth £80m over 5 years' that includes wages, sign on & agent fees etc. Preferred just the transfer fees being reported.

Totally agree with this. Add ons seem to be in vogue recently too, not sure why we're needing to care whether the club are due an extra £5million if the player wins the Champions League four times in a row. 

I don't know how indifferent a 13 year old me would have reacted to the news that we had signed Alan Shearer for £15million.... plus add ons. 

This is just me, but a fullback (e.g.) running past a winger being referred to as 'overload' makes my skin crawl. Used to think it was just Mick Lowes but apparently not. I know what they mean but I'd know what they meant by 'Simpson on the kitkat on the outside' doesn't mean it makes any sense.

Am sure it used to be the far more preferable 'overlap'