Hugo Viana

Munkey

Guest firetotheworks

Better than Shearer's v Everton though?

yes, but then i'm a pass and team goal type bloke.

If that's the case then I think you've forgotten the class team goal away to Birmingham. Shearer and Robert involved before Solano lashed it in. Brilliant goal.

i liked viana, just seems that we didn't 'need' him as such having robert, solano, jenas, dyer, speed, acuna so he never really got a fair crack of the whip.

i was watching the 02-03 season review dvd the other day and forgot how class some of his touches/passing were, chipped in with a few goals too

Was it bollocks his best performance in a toon shirt. Home to Brum and Chelsea twice in consecutive seasons stick out. A fantastic ball to Bernard at the Gallowgate rounding off a magnificent game in particular.

hence the "that i can remember" part of the sentence that you so elloquently chose to ignore.

• 5 years later...
Guest firetotheworks

Started brightly. SBR wanted a left footed CM to replace Speed in Viana. Speed held up very well in his older years and Viana didn't get a look in.

FAO anyone who can't think for themselves.

Started brightly. SBR wanted a left footed CM to replace Speed in Viana. Speed held up very well in his older years and Viana didn't get a look in.

Fucking hell :lol: :lol:

Surely doing this deliberately now?

Did you even read why this thread was bumbed?

I remember a game at home to Chelsea, I think we won the game  2-1.  We were on the attack and it sort of stalled, we played the ball along the front of their back 4, it came to Viana who noticed Bernard bombing forward from full back.  Viana played the perfect pass to Bernard, he didn't even have to adjust his pace to hit the ball with the outside of his foot. Straight in the net.  Awesome team goal, proper killer through ball by Viana.

A great ball player, but just didn't have the strength or pace for the PL. Such a shame.

Not so sure. One of those players I could have imagined making it at somewhere like Manure

All successful Man Utd midfielders have been able to really get stuck in.. Carrick maybe the exception but normally you think Scholes, Butt, Keane, Fletcher, Hargreaves.. even Anderson could put himself about.

Guest neesy111

:lol:

I Dont get the joke...

I'm really not surprised.