St James' Park

Delima

If we did do a rebuild of SJP it would be interesting to see how it would be done.

Another Wembley style bowl would be shit. You really need something like Spurs’ stadium. Ok so we will never be getting say NFL games in Newcastle, but we should be building a stadium that gives UEFA no reason to deny it hosting European finals.

I also think corporate boxes maybe a way to go. Selling each sponsor a box or rather selling boxes and then sponsorship inclusive maybe a revenue maker. That Dallas Stadium that was mentioned earlier, it has over 200 private boxes. Indianapolis Colts stadium has over 100.

9 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I also think corporate boxes maybe a way to go. Selling each sponsor a box or rather selling boxes and then sponsorship inclusive maybe a revenue maker. That Dallas Stadium that was mentioned earlier, it has over 200 private boxes. Indianapolis Colts stadium has over 100.

Coors Field (baseball ffs :lol:) has like 70 at least. It’s definitely the way to go and doesn’t have to look out of place at all. 

Edited by cubaricho

37 minutes ago, Stifler said:

If we did do a rebuild of SJP it would be interesting to see how it would be done.

Another Wembley style bowl would be shit. You really need something like Spurs’ stadium. Ok so we will never be getting say NFL games in Newcastle, but we should be building a stadium that gives UEFA no reason to deny it hosting European finals.

i wouldn't expect a rebuild, the only thing that will ever get knocked down at SJP is the east stand but the sole focus for expansion would be gallowgate for now. Remember the PIF bought us as an investment and not something to just chuck a billion quid at in one go. We should probs count ourselves lucky the PIF think it's worth spending over 200m for an extra 8000 seats, plus there's no confirmation they actually think that other than a couple of statements that say they are looking into it. 

After the shit we've been through it's just nice to think its a possibility 

There’ll be a point where either a rebuild (over time) or a move are needed to improve all the facilities and take us to the next level. 

It might not be popular but it’s hard to see how we compete if we can’t offer the facilities that other comparable premier league and champions league clubs have 

29 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

I believe Castle Leazes is still the best location for a new stadium. Its got everything going for it that St James’ Park has, location, proximity to city centre etc, and its a bigger site. 

I don't. It's a good site don't get me wrong but the arena site would be as good if not better and the college site just off Scotchy Road would likely be even better.

Moot point though as I don't see us moving.

Edited by madras

I can't see how we stay unless we can get the capacity to 70k+. If not more. 

It doesn't make sense to go on with so many people locked out. We don't even have any world superstars playing here yet, and we haven't started challenging for titles.

The location is the main thing though, absolutely has to be a 5-10 minute walk from the city centre. A move further would be disastrous for the city. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

3 hours ago, madras said:

I don't. It's a good site don't get me wrong but the arena site would be as good if not better and the college site just off Scotchy Road would likely be even better.

Moot point though as I don't see us moving.

Hasn't it already been shown that the Arena site is already taken for housing development and also isn't big enough for a new stadium either.  Pretty sure it was on one of those Youtube videos about the expansion.

I think the main issue with SJP as it is (vs the "Elite" stadiums) is the corporate facilities, or lack/quality of, rather than just the capacity. 

Adding 8k to the Gallowgate isn't really going to change that so I think long term we will probably move. Land swap with Leazes Park most likely.

18 hours ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Sell the naming rights on the Gallowgate End on an annual basis.Maybe look at a deal with the shirt sponsor.

this is something the club absolutely needs to look at doing. I remember my first season ticket was in the Newcastle Brown Ale Stand, which was of course (:lol:) was The Gallowgate.

nobody in their right mind would refer to them as anything other than the gallowgate, leazes, milburn, east stand. so lets get that sweet sweet sponsorship money rolling in.

same could be said for the stadium as a whole, but I won't start that again :lol: this thread goes around in circles enough as it is!

p.s has anyone thought about moving the Leazes Terrace (brick by brick) down to the arena site?

14 minutes ago, ToonTastic said:

Hasn't it already been shown that the Arena site is already taken for housing development and also isn't big enough for a new stadium either.  Pretty sure it was on one of those Youtube videos about the expansion.

I have posted links to the Skyscraper City site on here a number of times. Planning for houses on the land around the Arena has been approved, and when the Arena itself re-locates to the Quayside, plans are (though not yet approved) to build houses on that site also.

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

I have posted links to the Skyscraper City site on here a number of times. Planning for houses on the land around the Arena has been approved, and when the Arena itself re-locates to the Quayside, plans are (though not yet approved) to build houses on that site also.

the arena is re-locating?

12 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

Dark side of the moon would be preferable. Let the whinging fecker's know what it's like to have no light 😁

There is no dark side in the moon, really. Matter of fact, it's all dark. The only thing that makes it look light is the sun.

6 minutes ago, madras said:

There is no dark side in the moon, really. Matter of fact, it's all dark. The only thing that makes it look light is the sun.

So there is a dark side of the moon apart from the bit the sun shines on