St James' Park

Delima

Always been told that its bad luck to change the name of your home.  Beginning to believe its true,  look at NUFC since the name change... no wins, 2 players out for the season,  other injuries, suspensions, poor refereeing decisions like Luiz not been sent off,  hitting the woodwork at the leazes more than the net etc etc

Ashley has jinxed us!!!

Just noticed the conversation on those mugs. Cracks me the fuck up that they charge for those mugs in-store yet you get them free when delivered from and online order. And the fucking catalogue. They asked if I wanted a Sports Direct catalogue for 50p when I was last in there. I had to ask them to repeat as I couldn't believe they asked for money for it. :lol:

Quite a lot of people at work have those giant SD mugs. Have to constantly resist the urge to smash them up.

Some smart arse at work got me one of them as my secret santa present...

Ditto. I immediately "rebranded" mine with the following in the hope that someone will come along and offer me £10m to put their name on instead:

http://i.imgur.com/5lZ3f.jpg

Guest Haris Vuckic

Yes but they did give them permission to put signs up everywhere so it's no surprise Ashley decided to see how far he could take it!

Yes but they did give them permission to put signs up everywhere so it's no surprise Ashley decided to see how far he could take it!

Theirs a difference between them being given permission to put up advertisement signs and them being allowed to actually change the name of the stadium and address. NUFC can refer to the stadium as Sports Direct arena all they want, the name legally still remains St James' Park.

Theirs a difference between them being given permission to put up advertisement signs and them being allowed to actually change the name of the stadium and address. NUFC can refer to the stadium as Sports Direct arena all they want, the name legally still remains St James' Park.

Aye BUT surely Ashley can have that St James' Park sign removed?

Aye BUT surely Ashley can have that St James' Park sign removed?

Indeed he can. The only thing he can't do is change the name of the land.

The tour guide on the stadium tour said that lettering had to remain the same until after the Olympics.

probably not 'had to' but as dave points out it may need planning permission to do it, then to have to change it again for the olympics...may aswell leave it as is till after that. also the club shops are still selling US style style number plates with 'St Jame's Pk ' on them.

if abusing, front the money in Jan for a CB and a striker. You've had your advertising pound of flesh

Why though? Most clubs the size of NUFC can afford such purchases before selling their soul, if they need them, which we do.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Roger Kint

Having Virgin in the title? Aye cant see any jokes coming out of that  :lol:

In seriousness at least it stops the free advert bullshit that was peddled round here