St James' Park

Delima

3 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

They had a fanzone thing outside at Man City when I went away there this year and I thought it was fuckin horrendous. And at least there it's understandable cos there's fuck all around the ground. Not optimistic, hope it doesn't damage the pubs (maybe I'm talking shite).

I think some people will be super excited and some people that will be like fuck that shit. 

Is this fanzone only open on match days? If not can't see shearers having a future. If it is then I can't see that it's worth it

57 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Does that mean what I think it means? No expansion for the next 3 years at least?

Not necessarily. It will likely just mean they're applying for temporary planning permission for a three year period, like the other Stack was (and many of these kind of venues are). If anything it makes sense to do it for longer than you expect it to be to there for to avoid needing to reapply to extend the consent (Stack had to extend their consent at the HMRC site as it ran out).

But I'd imagine it's going to be at least two years until they break ground on any extension tbh.

Edited by ponsaelius

8 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Did I hear that right it will be showing all home and away games?

It says so, however not sure how they'll get around the 3pm rule? 

Not that we'll have many 3pm games this season, 'cos we're fucking massive. 

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I mean, technically they could, but probably not wise for the club. 

I think we’d all prefer it if Amanda, Mehrdad, Eales and co didn’t end up in jail.

13 minutes ago, SteV said:

They can’t show games that aren’t on the telly like.

Shearer does though doesn't it? Same within the ground.

I'm sure there'll be an argument that it's on club ground so falls within whatever license they have to show games.

Just now, TBG said:

I'm sure there'll be an argument that it's on club ground so falls within whatever license they have to show games.

Well, yes, if they somehow managed to claim it was part of SJP, they could presumably show all home games.

Would seem like an awful stretch to me though.

1 hour ago, TBG said:

It’s because it’s classed as the same venue for home games, and for away games it’s classed as the away team venue, so they are allowed to broadcast it.

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Is town going to have two STACKs, then? Or is the Pilgrim Street one not happening?

The new Pilgrim St one is more of a permanent structure based on the Stack concept rather than being the containers. That's how I understand it anyway.

6 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

The new Pilgrim St one is more of a permanent structure based on the Stack concept rather than being the containers. That's how I understand it anyway.

Ye correct.

They're also doing a similar more permanent one in the Spanish City in Whitley.

13 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

They had a fanzone thing outside at Man City when I went away there this year and I thought it was fuckin horrendous. And at least there it's understandable cos there's fuck all around the ground. Not optimistic, hope it doesn't damage the pubs (maybe I'm talking shite).

Wouldn’t mind it hurting some of the pubs that wouldn’t help out during the MA boycott in particular the Spurs boycott. The Strawberry can get fcuked as far as I’m concerned 🙂

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Wouldn’t mind it hurting some of the pubs that wouldn’t help out during the MA boycott in particular the Spurs boycott. The Strawberry can get fcuked as far as I’m concerned 🙂

:lol: I still hold a grudge about that too. boycoutt 4 lyf

6 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

This is assuming that expansion is the plan. When it more likely is not. 

Eh? It’s been openly discussed by club management (owners) that this is the path they want to pursue? 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Eh? It’s been openly discussed by club management (owners) that this is the path they want to pursue? 

I think the wording was more along the lines of the desire was for that to be the case.

I just think that in the end they’ll see a new stadium as the better overall option. 

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

I think the wording was more along the lines of the desire was for that to be the case.

I just think that in the end they’ll see a new stadium as the better overall option. 

Totally agree. Heard the stuff in the media and was at the Q&A in Philadelphia and the topic was raised and cleverly answered leaving the loudest in the gathering thinking we were staying at SJP but I read it completely differently. The feasibility study will take 12 months and wouldn’t be surprised then that they opt for a new stadium if the demand is as great as we think.

SJP will struggle to be able to hold major footballing and sporting events and hi-tech music events which is the future wether people like it or not.