St James' Park

Delima

Guest Roger Kint

Is there anywhere outside the ground that says Newcastle United FC?  It struck me once when walking past the ground that all the signage relates to SD and nothing mentions the football club by name at all.

You mean like a Newcastle United Club Shop sign or something? Not sure tbh

We know all that, its just shit seeing it being pulled down.

Yeah it is i agree but no worse than the other signs. Some reactions are actually worse than when this all happened the first time.

itl be similar to when the writing on the east stand came down. hardly surprising its worth when he takes things away than merely adding the signs

Guest Roger Kint

Yeah it is i agree but no worse than the other signs. Some reactions are actually worse than when this all happened the first time.

itl be similar to when the writing on the east stand came down. hardly surprising its worth when he takes things away than merely adding the signs

Am talking about the East Stand sign/replacement monstrousity

ah right thought u meant first announced

i think its the crow bar picture that makes it worse

We know all that, its just s*** seeing it being pulled down.

It also makes you think that there is absolutely zero interest in buying the naming rights otherwise he wouldn't waste the money on a temporary replacement which is why I thought they had been left untouched since he renamed them.

Fucking disgusting. I hope we get someone in after Ashley who doesn't just replace all the Sports Direct stuff with his own business, and puts SJP back in.

easy good PR for whoever is next really

I don't think it'll ever go back to how it was tbh. Any new owner won't give up the potential sponsorship income, be that Sports Direct or any other company that steps in further down the line. It's a one-way street.

Guest Roger Kint

Who doesnt know what Sports Direct is these days? Theres a reason people don't go in to the shops.

http://www.expressandstar.com/business/city-news/2012/02/15/sports-direct-steps-up-sales-pace/?

Sadly this shite over our stadium doesnt even stop NUFC fans using his shops.

where are the nufc fan figures?

Do you think his Newcastle based shops are doing badly and all NUFC fans are avoiding them? Clearly i was making the general assumption that the thousands who shop there have a sizable NUFC connection. Its always heaving when i have been past.

Who doesnt know what Sports Direct is these days? Theres a reason people don't go in to the shops.

http://www.expressandstar.com/business/city-news/2012/02/15/sports-direct-steps-up-sales-pace/?

Sadly this shite over our stadium doesnt even stop NUFC fans using his shops.

where are the nufc fan figures?

Do you think his Newcastle based shops are doing badly and all NUFC fans are avoiding them? Clearly i was making the general assumption that the thousands who shop there have a sizable NUFC connection. Its always heaving when i have been past.

probably be doing a lot better without it. every chance a lot of people in there aren't newcastle fans, but I guess you prove your own point by being there yourself

http://c0014184.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_afc7cb3

f***ing shocking.

I mean look at them.  Haven't got the correct PPE on, no warning barriers and they're just using an unopened step ladder, leaned up against a wall, on a slope. 

Health & Safety should be taken seriously  :huff:

This has just left my enthusiasm for NUFC completely deflated. So much about our club (off the pitch, at least) is just wrong, and completely disregards and vandalises the heritage and tradition of this great club. The Sports Direct Arena? Fuck off.

The only saving grace for Ashley as it stands is our league standing. Should that deteriorate then, as the nature of Newcastle United is, things could get quite restless imo.

Christ sake even clubs like Wigan and Blackburn have more class than us when it comes to this..

This has just left my enthusiasm for NUFC completely deflated. So much about our club (off the pitch, at least) is just wrong, and completely disregards and vandalises the heritage and tradition of this great club. The Sports Direct Arena? Fuck off.

The only saving grace for Ashley as it stands is our league standing. Should that deteriorate then, as the nature of Newcastle United is, things could get quite restless imo.

Christ sake even clubs like Wigan and Blackburn have more class than us when it comes to this..

wigan had the JJB for years

Guest icemanblue

I shop there all of the time. Come at me bro'.

Seriously though, who gives a fuck?

Well, quite a lot of people, clearly.

You're cool though, so keep rocking.