St James' Park

Delima

Greg, trust me if someone proposed blocking a road of from traffic, NCC would be all over it.

Not this one. It has logistical issues around access for Ambulances etc. but there are ways around it. Took years to get them to agree to temporary closures on match days.

Guest chopey

Greg, trust me if someone proposed blocking a road off from traffic, NCC would be all over it.

Would you not need to re-route the road to get access to the RVI ?

Greg, trust me if someone proposed blocking a road off from traffic, NCC would be all over it.

Is possible via Leazes Park Road or St. Thomas' St but would be unpopular with some.

While I think it would be practically possible to implement the current Strawberry Place proposal and an extension to the Gallowgate I think it would result in a pretty rubbish street context between the two. A Gallowgate extension which also included an appropriate low-rise development on that site on the other hand could be incredible. 

Is possible via Leazes Park Road or St. Thomas' St but would be unpopular with some.

Would it not be possible to keep the access from Barrack road open, but curve the road so it goes straight up under the Milburn Stand?

Town moor would be ideal, only gets used by cows ffs , what a waste.

The main Town Moor will never (ever) be used for any further developments. The "Freemen of the City" control it with a rod of iron (as they say!) and they feel they have ALREADY given up far too much of the Moor, for . . .  Fenham Barracks, Exhibition Park, Nuns Moor Park, Newcastle United Golf Course, Leazes Park, and (of course) St James' Park.

However, some way 'detached' from the main Town Moor is the "Castle Leazes Town Moor" area, now that smallish area may perhaps become available, providing Leazes Park itself isn't damaged, and is perhaps even extended, as Sir John Halls 1997 plans were intending to do.

Would it not be possible to keep the access from Barrack road open, but curve the road so it goes straight up under the Milburn Stand?

Stifleaay - I have sent you a PM (now called a "conversation" !) on SkyscraperCity.

Guest neesy111

The main Town Moor will never (ever) be used for any further developments. The "Freemen of the City" control it with a rod of iron (as they say!) and they feel they have ALREADY given up far too much of the Moor, for . . .  Fenham Barracks, Exhibition Park, Nuns Moor Park, Newcastle United Golf Course, Leazes Park, and (of course) St James' Park.

However, some way 'detached' from the main Town Moor is the "Castle Leazes Town Moor" area, now that smallish area may perhaps become available, providing Leazes Park itself isn't damaged, and is perhaps even extended, as Sir John Halls 1997 plans were intending to do.

LFEE[/member] is this correct?

Yep I knew that, it’s just a fucking waste  :lol:

LFEE[/member] is this correct?

In short yes.

And they are my cows so get your hands off them :lol:

The Freeman were fully behind the original SJH plans as Leazes Park (certainly at the time) was not the nicest.

While I think it would be practically possible to implement the current Strawberry Place proposal and an extension to the Gallowgate I think it would result in a pretty rubbish street context between the two. A Gallowgate extension which also included an appropriate low-rise development on that site on the other hand could be incredible. 

A windy, noisy high rise corridor made up of glass and cladding - ie option A - would be so shit, particularly on match days.

Bored, I knocked this up as a possibility. No green space lost, extra car park for around 80 vehicles.

St-James-Possible.jpg

Can just picture some geese making their way through the turnstyles.

Nice!

Make it happen.

Wow

Just occured to me that with the Rueben Bros involved they may have land (and plans) earmarked already.

I too have thought this and it slightly worries me as im pretty sure they have a big plot around the racecourse.

I am also sure if the saudis want a new stadium they will want the best in the world , never mind poxy extensions to the gallowgate.

I would hate to see a new stadium built anywhere but the city centre so i hope my fears are unfounded.

Somewhere between 65k and 70k I'd have thought.

Approximately 70,000.

The present East Stand only holds 5,500, the Milburn stand, without L7, seats over 8,000. When it was constructed, level seven added approximately 15,500 to the capacity.