St James' Park

Delima

Bored, I knocked this up as a possibility. No green space lost, extra car park for around 80 vehicles.

St-James-Possible.jpg

Can just picture some geese making their way through the turnstyles.

:lol: lovely work.

Take the pitch down 10 metres. re-profile the lower stands should get an extra 15k in?  20+ with safe standing. Is this for all the mackems bairns jumping ship?

Guest Howaythetoon

Bored, I knocked this up as a possibility. No green space lost, extra car park for around 80 vehicles.

St-James-Possible.jpg

Looks photoshopped to me, no dead pigeons and SD signs?

St-James-Possible.jpg

:notbad:

Love the re-configuring of the park without losing green space.

Love that we could start building while still playing next door.

Maybe not anytime soon, but when we need an upgrade, that'd get my vote. :thup:

You would never have the car park that far away from the ground. It would be needed closer as its to serve officials, players etc.

If it's to serve fans I wouldnt even bother with that.

Surely the car parks in a complete new build ground would be under the stands? I think moving the car park to the gallowgate end in this mockup was just a bit of artistic license.

It's not a case of whether its physically possible or not. The whole terrace is Grade I listed as a collective, with which the location, setting and historical context is all part of. You can not move it. And nor should you anyway.

St-James-Possible.jpg

:lol: lovely work.

Love this. Essentially means it can still be SJP. Not a fan of moving somewhere and losing all that history and feel. This would be a happy medium if its possible.

St-James-Possible.jpg

Just looking at this again and wondering how much more scope for ground improvement there could have been if only Grainger had built Leazes Terrace where the fuckin tennis courts are.  :huff:

St-James-Possible.jpg

Just looking at this again and wondering how much more scope for ground improvement there could have been if only Grainger had built Leazes Terrace where the fuckin tennis courts are.  :huff:

Built in the 1830s. Football started at SJP in 1880. We should have picked somewhere away from it :lol:

St-James-Possible.jpg

Built in the 1830s. Football started at SJP in 1880. We should have picked somewhere away from it :lol:

I wasn't being, like, entirely serious  :rolleyes:

Doubt that the new owners would want to move out from the city center. They would know how much revenue the stadium in the city could generate and how unique the situation is. They'll get the best lawyers, architechts, engineers whatever to get the stadium around that proposed area if it was a viable option.

It's not a case of whether its physically possible or not. The whole terrace is Grade I listed as a collective, with which the location, setting and historical context is all part of. You can not move it. And nor should you anyway.

Correct. As I have said many times on this forum.

Can't believe they're Grade I listed. They don't exactly stand out. But then I know nowt about why buildings get listed in certain ways. Only two grades has never made much sense to me.

St-James-Possible.jpg

I wasn't being, like, entirely serious  :rolleyes:

Either was I :rose:

St-James-Possible.jpg

This would be the ideal solution, brand new stadium and still maintain the uniqueness of the location

Can't believe they're Grade I listed. They don't exactly stand out. But then I know nowt about why buildings get listed in certain ways. Only two grades has never made much sense to me.

Actually there are three: Grade I, II* and II. About 90% of all listed buildings are Grade II, about 7% Grade II*, Grade I is for buildings of exceptional significance. Architectural and historic significance come from more than just aesthetic value but you need new eyes if you think that Leazes Terrace doesn't stand out, it's a stunning example of Georgian architecture.

Actually there are three: Grade I, II* and II. About 90% of all listed buildings are Grade II, about 7% Grade II*, Grade I is for buildings of exceptional significance. Architectural and historic significance come from more than just aesthetic value but you need new eyes if you think that Leazes Terrace doesn't stand out, it's a stunning example of Georgian architecture.

Leazes Terrace is beautiful . . .

Leazes%20Terrace%20-%20Grade%201%20Listed_zpsuifvx2ty.jpg

It's obviously a nice building but compared with Westminster Palace and York Minster, which are also Grade I, they're not really up to much. :laugh: That being said, I've absolutely no doubt that a building conservationist would recoil at what I'm saying because, like I say, I don't actually know what I'm talking about and obviously there's significantly more to such a designation than sheer appearance. :lol: