St James' Park

Delima

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

2ADCC14B-14BD-4254-A650-E17FC89E0172.thumb.jpeg.4295f51e595042c95c92c04afd570995.jpeg

Some dirty tramp is having a piss onto the pitch, hope they get banned!

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

3F49D3AB-3E7B-48A2-B53E-5A435309C9EF.thumb.jpeg.9b4edcd644189c932c50e832657da719.jpeg

How much cleaner and more modern and better does it look without all those scummy tatty SD signs man.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

None without my 7 and 5 year olds pulling daft faces in :lol: 

I might have to book a tour myself then with my two boys.

Got a ticket for the Platinum on Friday, and the Milburn sports club on the Saturday.

How long before kick off do they open and is it worth getting to them instead of the usual places around the ground?

Wonder if they’ve refurbished the lounges in those areas? They were a disgrace. 

Not sure how early you can get in, maybe 2 hours before? I’ve never been in more than an hour before kick off. 

They’re alright but they’re just like lounge seating inside a fairly standard massive room. I wouldn’t say it’s better than having your drink outside the ground. Unless they’ve been improved a lot of course. 

1 hour ago, Hovagod said:

Got a ticket for the Platinum on Friday, and the Milburn sports club on the Saturday.

How long before kick off do they open and is it worth getting to them instead of the usual places around the ground?

You can eat there and relax a little more pre-match than traipsing in last minute. Given you’ve never done it, maybe give yourself plenty of time there/90 mins maybe (go check out the view from you seat, look at the memorabilia, head back for another drink etc etc). Hope you have a great time ?

5 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Not sure I'm a fan of that, looks ok on the other side but not sure how it's going to work well there.

Either if it works or doesnt its going to be beer then the current water stained dross :lol: 

39 minutes ago, Howeay said:

The only thing i'm slightly annoyed at now is that they've kept the Ashley 'NEWCASTLE UNITED' on the East Stand.

Yeah, needs to be removed, and the Castore logos. I’d like to see the NUST bring that up. 

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Either if it works or doesnt its going to be beer then the current water stained dross :lol: 

Doesn't look bad here in April last year:

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.9748336,-1.6198578,3a,87.3y,316.42h,104.72t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sOXsi0SLstdowvgWMKg5usQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I think it's going to look a bit austere all painted black, or patchy if they only do part. Just cleaning it regularly would be a better option IMO, but I'll be happy to be proved wrong when it's complete.