St James' Park

Delima

35 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Casually drops in that Mike Ashley “owns Castore”? ???

Does he just talk and talk like this? I imagined him as some divisive  figure swashbuckling his way through our online fanbase. 

Edited by Hovagod

3 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Aye, I hit play wondering if he’d been loitering and found an open turnstile/exit and filmed the revamped concourse. Scrubbed through the video to see and it was just him sat on his sofa the entire time :lol:

Haha, exactly. 

A workmate of mine who absolutely hates Rugby has bought a ticket for tomorrow just to get back inside SJP again! Says he's going to go in, buy a pint, take it to his seat to drink, and then leave.

I can think of better things to do with 30 quid!

12 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

A workmate of mine who absolutely hates Rugby has bought a ticket for tomorrow just to get back inside SJP again! Says he's going to go in, buy a pint, take it to his seat to drink, and then leave.

Might as well just wait a few more weeks, pay £20 for one of the friendlies and have a pint or two. :lol:

Fair play though.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

On 04/07/2022 at 23:31, TotalWar said:

One of the best things about terraces was that you could move away from boring, moaning, stinking swines. 

Never stand with the barrier just infront of you, the crowd sways forward and you get crushed against it. Loads of people used to lean against the barriers, dangerous.

The best position was a couple of steps infront of a barrier. Comparative safety.

Im too old, with far to many accumulated injuries and arthritic joints to stand at the match these days though. Just getting a seat would do me, especially if I can sit next to my wife, who has never been to an NUFC match. Memberships purchased.

Absolutely :lol: 

That space in front of a barrier was prime celebrating a goal space 

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Might as well just wait a few more weeks, pay £20 for one of the friendlies and have a pint or two. :lol:

Fair play though.

I did say that to him. Wants back in at the first available opportunity though :lol:

5 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Sounds like a right pleb

6 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

😂 never know, might literally be a game changer for him. 

20 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Got the noncing on at the minute and just noticed there’s a screen in the Gallowgate/Milburn corner. Is that just for this, or could it be permanent?

It’s just for the rugby they have one at all televised rugby games 

they've had architects in most weeks since the season finished.

converting 2/3rds of the away section into safe standing as soon as the license gets approved, at a cost of £100 per seat. will be looking at other areas after that, strawberry corner and sections of the gallowgate obvious candidates.

4 minutes ago, Big River said:

they've had architects in most weeks since the season finished.

converting 2/3rds of the away section into safe standing as soon as the license gets approved, at a cost of £100 per seat. will be looking at other areas after that, strawberry corner and sections of the gallowgate obvious candidates.

Nice one.

Imagine the full Gallowgate stood all game? Be fucking immense.

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Nice one.

Imagine the full Gallowgate stood all game? Be fucking immense.

it would be immense, but little to no chance unfortunately. it's not "inclusive". which I think is a bit of a shit reason considering there'd be 3 other stands for people to sit in.

still, exciting times! glad to hear we're actually moving on it as soon as possible.

something may or may not be coming out about it at 9am tomorrow (I genuinely don't know - dont shot the messegna)

Just now, Big River said:

it would be immense, but little to no chance unfortunately. it's not "inclusive". which I think is a bit of a shit reason considering there'd be 3 other stands for people to sit in.

still, exciting times! glad to hear we're actually moving on it as soon as possible.

something may or may not be coming out about it at 9am tomorrow (I genuinely don't know - dont shot the messegna)

Aye I did think it may not happen due to the amount of people that sit there currently who wouldn’t want to stand and would be reluctant to move. Even the back and middle tier of the Gallowgate would be sublime though.

I’m a bit gutted they’re starting with the away end but as you say, we are making positive moves towards this so happy days.

Guest reefatoon
10 minutes ago, Big River said:

Which is ironic as that last sentence reads like you were shot when typing it.