St James' Park

Delima

1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

1:1 then if successful and “safe” an increase can be looked at.

Ill see if I can find article.

The ideal end goal is to have two rows (or two steps) between each rail, isn't it? I think Everton have built it into their stadium plan. Jon Darch is the go-to on this:

33 minutes ago, Slim said:

I just bring few 330ml craft beer cans.  Looks like soft drink.

Never had an issue 

I’m not a drinker so it doesn’t bother me, I was just surmising if it’s the first step in a change in attitudes.

2 hours ago, 1964 said:

Isn't it pointless having a seat unless everyone sits down?  As soon as someone stands up, everyone will have to, or stare at someone's arse for a couple of hours

The seats are there for the mobile phone junkies

15 minutes ago, Sima said:

Anywhere in Newcastle City Centre between 2pm and 5:45pm on a match day is a write-off.

Yeah it is, in fact even on non match days the signal in Newcastle on a Saturday is fucking shit.

18 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Yeah it is, in fact even on non match days the signal in Newcastle on a Saturday is fucking shit.

Really ? I've never had any issues in the city centre on a Saturday. The only trouble I get is inside the ground.

40 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

It's ridiculous that they had to do it, but what a difference a bit of paint and some meaningful displays make, man. Gives the concourses a bit of soul, rather than depressing grey tunnels to neck shite beer in. 

Hope there's a plan for the exterior of the Gallowgate, get some flags on it for match day etc as that's the way most people approach the ground. As it is its a bit blank and grey/brown.

Brilliant work by that company and whoever at the club has recognised the fact that that sort of thing goes a long way. Freshening the place up going into the new season fosters even more excitement and optimism, giving it that bit more sense of place and something different to the grey "this again" trudge of the last few opening days. 

2 hours ago, Danh1 said:

I only ever seem to have trouble in the ground and immediately around it, once I’m towards Percy Street way it’s sound 

Westgate Road and High Bridge (where I tend to go for pre/post match pints) is fine too. Only in the ground is it a problem, especially at half time.

54 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Not updated the TVs though…

I am still hoping that they will replace "Mike Ashley's Portable TV" that is stuck on the wall at the Leazes End, with a proper BIG screen.

The current "Giant TV Screen" was installed in 2014, and it turned out to be a little bit smaller than it was initially made out to be . . . 

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/st-james-park-nufc-off-the-field-activities-stadium-issues-transfers-takeovers-history-of-club-etc.458915/post-118222118

October 2014 - St James' Park 'Giant' TV installed.jpg

THIS is what we thought was going to happen . . . 

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/st-james-park-nufc-off-the-field-activities-stadium-issues-transfers-takeovers-history-of-club-etc.458915/post-118096691

Edited by manorpark

19 minutes ago, manorpark said:

I am still hoping that they will replace "Mike Ashley's Portable TV" that is stuck on the wall at the Leazes End, with a proper BIG screen.

The current "Giant TV Screen" was installed in 2014, and it turned out to be a little bit smaller than it was initially made out to be . . . 

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/st-james-park-nufc-off-the-field-activities-stadium-issues-transfers-takeovers-history-of-club-etc.458915/post-118222118

October 2014 - St James' Park 'Giant' TV installed.jpg

THIS is what we thought was going to happen . . . 

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/st-james-park-nufc-off-the-field-activities-stadium-issues-transfers-takeovers-history-of-club-etc.458915/post-118096691

I remember seeing that unveiled and not believing how small it was against the leazes glass.

Man it really is fantastic to see the concourses around SJP get this facelift and hopefully the improvements keep coming. I've made several posts in this thread over the years about how the clubs identity is non-existent around the concourse area so its great to see it there finally. Can't wait to see it for myself. 

Edited by Decky

Not long after it was put up, the Hull match had to be delayed an hour because it wasn’t tied correctly, and the wind was banging it against the glass.

The TV should never have been on the glass, but fixed to the cladding below the glass, of course Mike had SD in mind for that bit.