St James' Park

Delima

54 minutes ago, Big River said:

they've had architects in most weeks since the season finished.

converting 2/3rds of the away section into safe standing as soon as the license gets approved, at a cost of £100 per seat. will be looking at other areas after that, strawberry corner and sections of the gallowgate obvious candidates.

Strawberry Corner the most likely surely? Most stand there currently anyway.

Have the visiting fans asked for this through supporter groups, I met a guy from the Spurs supporters group a few years ago and his major complaint was that the away fans were to far from the pitch.

Is there even much of an appetite for standing at St James? We barely have 300 standing atm

Old Trafford, anfielf  and Elland Road etc seem to have whole ends stood for big games

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Imagine climbing all that way to get to your position and not having a seat to rest for a little while.

I think there is still some kind of seat there if you do want to sit.

Not sure though, the article is a bit vague as to what Rail seating is. 

2 minutes ago, LV said:

I think there is still some kind of seat there if you do want to sit.

Not sure though, the article is a bit vague as to what Rail seating is. 

It’s effectively exactly the same as normal seating except there’s a rail in front of you that you can lean on when standing up

Just now, SteV said:

It’s effectively exactly the same as normal seating except there’s a rail in front of you that you can lean on when standing up

Thanks mate. Sounds mint. 

Just now, LV said:

Thanks mate. Sounds mint. 

In terms of away ends it would seem to make very little difference to me as everybody’s standing anyway. Maybe stops people ending up three rows in front celebrating a goal.

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

In terms of away ends it would seem to make very little difference to me as everybody’s standing anyway.

that’s exactly the reason why they’re doing the away section first. everyone stands, might as well make it safe.

8 minutes ago, SteV said:

I thought that they lock them up or down depending on if that competition allows for standing or not.

Alcohol in the stands next?

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I thought that they lock them up or down depending on if that competition allows for standing or not.

Alcohol in the stands next?

Pretty sure the ones at Spurs weren’t locked? Or at least if they were you could unlock them yourself as a few people were sitting down at half time

Edited by SteV

Just now, 1964 said:

Isn't it pointless having a seat unless everyone sits down?  As soon as someone stands up, everyone will have to, or stare at someone's arse for a couple of hours

Sure some uefa competitions don't allow standing still. It's also for the safety point of view. 1 person to 1 spot

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Eventually I think yeah, but currently it’s 1:1 eventually might be able to 2:1.

Cant see that like..unless I've missed something. I thought the 1:1 was the whole thing behind the safe standing?

Just now, jack j said:

Cant see that like..unless I've missed something. I thought the 1:1 was the whole thing behind the safe standing?

1:1 then if successful and “safe” an increase can be looked at.

Ill see if I can find article.