St James' Park: "NEWCASTLE UNITED" lettering on East Stand roof being replaced (Official)

Delima

16 minutes ago, broony said:

I got a ticket from a mate of a mate earlier in the season in the safe standing trial area of the upper leazes for Brentford. It’s just normal seats with a rail placed in front to lean on. I don’t think it will change capacity in any way, will be the exact same seats as there are now, just with a rail in front of them. 

That's my expectation but I do wonder about space, they're crammed in anyway so adding a barrier behind the seat in front of you is going to be a struggle you'd think. 

My knees are touching the seat in front of me as it is, not a lot of wiggle room. 

9 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Not like she’s getting her ST took off her. She will no doubt be given the choice where to sit. Pisses me off no end. 

How they deal with those that don’t want to stand and therefore have to move, will be interesting. 

Whatever we might think, they are being ‘inconvenienced’ to a degree, and the club do need to be respectful of that. 

Fuck me god forbid some folk can’t be put out for the greater good. Large swathes of fans stand at other PL grounds, since when did we become infested with the most selfish, theatre going, least edgy and fucking boring fans in the country.

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Fuck me god forbid some folk can’t be put out for the greater good. Large swathes of fans stand at other PL grounds, since when did we become infested with the most selfish, theatre going, least edgy and fucking boring fans in the country.

I imagine this exact same scenario played out in every other club that has implemented SS

6 minutes ago, SteV said:

I imagine this exact same scenario played out in every other club that has implemented SS

The whole Kop, upper Stretford end, south stand Leeds, Villa Park and Forrest the other night have large sections that stand. This is without rail seating what happens there ? honestly man I think our support has gone to the fucking dogs.

Edited by Whitley mag

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

The whole Kop, upper Stretford end, south stand Leeds, Villa Park and Forrest the other night stand have large sections that stand. This is without rail seating what happens there ? honestly man I think our support has gone to the fucking dogs.

It reminds me of cunts that buy a city centre property and then whinge about redevelopment nearby and the noise caused by people. Fucking arseholes. 

13 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Look at who is on the board of our supporters trust and the cabal who run True Faith now. Hard to believe we’re a working class city in the NE sometimes. 

The schools they went to didn’t even play football till the late 1990s…

It was completely inevitable that type of whinging. They’re like those old blokes who think that a seat in a pub / club is theirs and get offended if you sit in the fucker.

Just fucking accept a seat swap.  No-one ever thinks that the Strawberry corner is the best seats in the house in any case.  Watching the match from there is like playing 16-bit FIFA with its isometric camera view.  

5 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

Look at who is on the board of our supporters trust and the cabal who run True Faith now. Hard to believe we’re a working class city in the NE sometimes. 

The make up of our support has undoubtedly changed more than I’d realised over last 10 - 15 years. In my opinion completely for the worse.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

The make up of our support has undoubtedly changed more than I’d realised over last 10 - 15 years. In my opinion completely for the worse.

It’s been a lot longer than that tbf.  Season tickets from 93/94 were very, very expensive - especially in the NE still suffering the effects of Thatcherism. 

Of course some people will complain, leave them be. The club will sharp tell them that they either stand to keep their seats, or move.

No matter what you do, you will upset some people.

When Spurs build their new stadium, social media was full of their fans complaining that they never got their exact old seat back, despite every seat in their new stadium being better than any seat in their old stadium.

4 hours ago, Stifler said:

Of course some people will complain, leave them be. The club will sharp tell them that they either stand to keep their seats, or move.

No matter what you do, you will upset some people.

When Spurs build their new stadium, social media was full of their fans complaining that they never got their exact old seat back, despite every seat in their new stadium being better than any seat in their old stadium.

makes you wonder what kind of chaos there will be if the east stand is eventually replaced/redeveloped 

6 minutes ago, Mr Pups said:

makes you wonder what kind of chaos there will be if the east stand is eventually replaced/redeveloped 

Probably just giving it a few years til they've all snuffed it

11 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s been a lot longer than that tbf.  Season tickets from 93/94 were very, very expensive - especially in the NE still suffering the effects of Thatcherism. 

Agree with this. Also, hindsight is a wonderful thing but, looking back, SJP should never have been made effectively 100% season ticket holders in the Keegan era.

12 hours ago, OCOCOL said:

Who are these people you are taking about?

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if the club just stopped selling season tickets. Advance purchase per match only. One way of getting over the seat arguments. Revenue neutral/positive given the sell outs we can expect. Sitting with your mates. A whole new generation able to get in and make their mark within half a mile of pitchside. Sounds great.

25 minutes ago, 80 said:

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if the club just stopped selling season tickets. Advance purchase per match only. One way of getting over the seat arguments. Revenue neutral/positive given the sell outs we can expect. Sitting with your mates. A whole new generation able to get in and make their mark within half a mile of pitchside. Sounds great.

Cup games suggest it would be far from great.