St James' Park: club plans to expand existing site further to completion of feasibility study (Edwards)

Delima

that plaque was probably the classiest thing we've done in years until the last line, which pretty much contradicts what the gates supposedly symbolise.

As has been mentioned, the placement of the gates themselves is ridiculous and are fittingly more symbolic of a dead end. Why are they back anyway? Are we meant to be grateful they're back? I didn't even know we ever had gates.

that plaque was probably the classiest thing we've done in years until the last line, which pretty much contradicts what the gates supposedly symbolise.

As has been mentioned, the placement of the gates themselves is ridiculous and are fittingly more symbolic of a dead end. Why are they back anyway? Are we meant to be grateful they're back? I didn't even know we ever had gates.

they symbolise Wongas way to financial success and debt free living.

Couldn't help but notice the awful Wonga adverts on the electronic boards around the pitch either, f***ing hideous.

Anybody else notice the French based SD s**** too? I've seen it before but it normally changes to other languages, though I can't recall that happening yesterday. Wouldn't surprise me if we have (far fetched, I know) this mass of French players we have to draw any French football supporters to watch our games, so they can try and target that country for specific advertising. Maybe we'll recycle this batch of players over the next few years for Belgian ones, etc so he can pitch his business over there too? SJH did say he wanted Newcastle United to be a vehicle for SD too a while ago like

Couldn't help but notice the awful Wonga adverts on the electronic boards around the pitch either, f***ing hideous.

Anybody else notice the French based SD s**** too? I've seen it before but it normally changes to other languages, though I can't recall that happening yesterday. Wouldn't surprise me if we have (far fetched, I know) this mass of French players we have to draw any French football supporters to watch our games, so they can try and target that country for specific advertising. Maybe we'll recycle this batch of players over the next few years for Belgian ones, etc so he can pitch his business over there too? SJH did say he wanted Newcastle United to be a vehicle for SD too a while ago like

I watched it on a Canal+ Sport stream, must be because it was on in France.

I watched it on a Canal+ Sport stream, must be because it was on in France.

That's probably more logical, you might have a point :lol:

• 1 month later...

Just seen this over at Skyscrapercity.com forums - apologies if its posted already on here, an application to host a concert at the ground again...

2013/1419/01/DET Temporary change of use of stadium for staging concert over two day period, up until 11.30pm (24/25 May 2014 and 23/24 May 2015)

Newcastle United FC Saint James Park Strawberry Place Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4ST

http://publicaccess.newcastle.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=constraints&keyVal=MTZO56BSHN800

Guest neesy111

Didn't think it would be too long before fat Mike latched on to this money making scheme!

Could say he's missed the boat tbh, with the success the mackems have had.

Guest RoboCop

Awesome stadium, central and rising up from the city, the centrepeice to Tyneside. Inside it's by no means 100% slender and being built up over time I think makes it unique to places like the Etihad or Emirates... its historic and yet plush. Mint. For somebody like me that only gets up there a couple of times a season or so it's always a jaw dropper  :yikes:

Awesome stadium, central and rising up from the city, the centrepeice to Tyneside. Inside it's by no means 100% slender and being built up over time I think makes it unique to places like the Etihad or Emirates... its historic and yet plush. Mint. For somebody like me that only gets up there a couple of times a season or so it's always a jaw dropper  :yikes:

Always love walking round the corner from the gate and it just appears. Still get goosebumps when it happens!

Really pushing those £30 memberships...

Kicking off at 12.45pm on Saturday, 2nd November, general sale tickets for this category A fixture are priced from £44 for adults and £18 for children. Members can still purchase tickets at the member price of £34 for adults and £17 for children.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/st-james-park-could-used-6259318

St James' Park could be used to host Celtic's Champion League games

31 Oct 2013 11:50

St James' Park could be used to stage a Champions League game next season – for Celtic.

The Scottish club will have to play at least one and maybe two qualifying matches away from their own stadium next summer because at that time it will be hosting part of the Commonwealth Games.

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell has admitted Dublin and the North of England are his two options of alternative venues, if the game is taken out of Scotland.

The Chronicle understands that St James' Park is the by far the favourite choice by Celtic, because of the close proximity to Glasgow, if the game is taken south of the border.

Newcastle United don't make nearly as much money from their 52,000-seater stadium as they would like, and this would certainly be a money-spinner as the game, no matter who Celtic played, would almost certainly be a sell-out.

Lawwell said: “We’re actually in discussion with UEFA about what options we have.

“Then, once we’re happy with those options, we go and talk to the relevant owners of the stadiums....(we are considering) the Aviva, Croke Park or, maybe, down south, a northern Premier League club.”

A decision will made made in the new year.

:undecided: