St James' Park

Delima

58 minutes ago, Rich said:

Is it not just that the exterior work on the new block is finished? Only looks like a matter of time until it’s open now.

Yeah they used it a as a Depot for their materials. 

The new Everton stadium will probably have better facilities than Anfield, despite Anfield's bigger size. They peobsbly already have a lot stadiums well above the minimum capacity, so will need somewhere for lesser games and at 50k Everton’s stadium, Sunderland’s, and ours (as it stands) will be ideal for them.

As for Hillsborough, there is not a lot of available land around the stadium, which I think is now a requirement for these tournaments. I can’t say anything on Elland Road as I’ve never been.

Arsenal won’t get it because London already has 3 venues’ which is possibly 1 more than they should.

For us, this means that if the owners are wanting to upgrade our stadium soon, then they are going to have to get a start soon. We only 4 and a half years to go, and I doubt they will want to be cutting it close for us hosting. Planning along could take us over a year.

Edited by Stifler

34 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The new Everton stadium will probably have better facilities than Anfield, despite Anfield's bigger size. They peobsbly already have a lot stadiums well above the minimum capacity, so will need somewhere for lesser games and at 50k Everton’s stadium, Sunderland’s, and ours (as it stands) will be ideal for them.

As for Hillsborough, there is not a lot of available land around the stadium, which I think is now a requirement for these tournaments. I can’t say anything on Elland Road as I’ve never been.

Arsenal won’t get it because London already has 3 venues’ which is possibly 1 more than they should.

For us, this means that if the owners are wanting to upgrade our stadium soon, then they are going to have to get a start soon. We only 4 and a half years to go, and I doubt they will want to be cutting it close for us hosting. Planning along could take us over a year.

If it gets finished 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/nov/13/everton-football-club-new-stadium-bramley-moore-dock

17 minutes ago, deejeck said:

Hosting games at both SJP and SOS means that Newcastle will receive a double whammy of tourist income - marvellous!

It’s not a complete list yet, it will go down to 10 stadiums. It will be 1 of us or them, not both.

29 minutes ago, Decky said:

eurosstadiapng.png

Good list there but I was kinda hoping Cork would get one too. Kinda funny how Casement Park in Belfast is picked when it isn't even built yet, and no Windsor Park. 

The North having their “home” games in a stadium named after Roger Casement would be glorious :lol:

39 minutes ago, Decky said:

eurosstadiapng.png

Good list there but I was kinda hoping Cork would get one too. Kinda funny how Casement Park in Belfast is picked when it isn't even built yet, and no Windsor Park. 

WP isn’t big enough. Got to be 30k minimum for a Euros tournament. Still don’t really understand why they’re bothering to make it British Isles wide anyway tbh. Seems pointless especially given the lack of regularity some of the hosts qualify.

Out of that list the London Stadium, Croke Park, and 2 out of SJP, SOL, Etihad, and Old Trafford will go.

The only way the SOL makes it over us is if SJP is undergoing major renovations at the time, and the same for the Etihad for Old Trafford.

Just now, wormy said:

Am I going mad or don't tournament hosting bids normally start way earlier than 5 or so years away from the tournament? 

Yeah they do, but UEFA are fucking about with this one. It’s expected that we’ll win this, and Turkey will be given the following one.