St James' Park

Delima

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Maybe have Milburn, Keegan and Shearer on three of them, then a fourth plinth like Trafalgar Square with new statues every so often.  Voted on by the supporters.

There is a danger that my dad and his mates vote for Tony Green every year, mind. 

Need a shola statue too. One where he's just proper fucked the mackems 

11 hours ago, Orphanage said:

I want something new , state of the art and a bit mental . Huge hundred foot statues at the 4 corners of the ground depicting Milburn Keegan Shearer and Bobby Robson as in this pic from LOTR 

IMG_3552.thumb.jpeg.3175a4b5d9f8d55a06237c249549791a.jpeg

I dont mean they should be free standing , rather they should be built into the corners of any new stand  

Edited by Orphanage
spelling mistake

3 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Against Leicester it was ridiculously loud, annoying especially when he played that blitzkrieg bop fucking shit.  I think half the ground got tinnitus that day. 

Don’t worry, they won’t be using the in house system.

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

This popped up on my FB. January 1994. 

IMG_0536.jpeg

I used to stand there regularly before the redevelopments shown in that photo. I sit pretty damn close to there now.

38 minutes ago, manorpark said:

The old 'Centre Paddock' where I had my first season ticket, which was a 'standing' season ticket.

My ST was in the 'A' Paddock in '94-95 - the paddock closed that summer and I was moved to the Leazes.  I still miss proper standing at matches

Spent the dark days 89/90 - 1991 part of 91/92 in the paddock. The whole of that miserable 90/91 just about there and my first ever game was a few steps forward from that very spot on a similarly drizzly day.

Does look safe-standing-esque in that photo by comparison. No dip at the front, the hazard lines, railings.

Thought that was more of a 94/95 thing or maybe that was the first time I noticed it sitting opposite courtesy of Barnsley bringing next to no support for the league cup tie.

Edited by Jonas

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Can’t see it, he’s blocked me.

Just noticed I've been blocked by Adam P. Presumably for taking the piss out of the 'thank you to fun88 for sticking with us through thick and thin' shite from some of the Twatter accounts. 

On 08/06/2023 at 17:59, Tsunami said:

I used to stand there regularly before the redevelopments shown in that photo. I sit pretty damn close to there now.

Foreground: last place I ever stood

Background: first place I ever sat 

Still remember playing a football tournament at Blue Flames around '96ish to the backdrop of Tina Turner belting out her songs at Gateshead Stadium. Was absolutely class.

Edited by Kid Icarus