St James' Park: club plans to expand existing site further to completion of feasibility study (Edwards)

Delima

2 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

Seats are being removed in the Leazes end 

Replaced and being painted to spell out 

N U F C

IMG_4391.jpeg

God. Just looking at the pitch and the stands makes me miss us playing again so much. Can't wait for the season to start and hopefully, it'll be a successful and enjoyable one.

I mean corporate seats right behind the goal isn’t exactly conducive to creating a great atmosphere. I’m betting this upgraded corporate area is  a lot pricier than the previous sports bar seats they’re replacing aswell.

No excuse for Corporate seating behind the goals, they should be the cheapest seats in the ground and it reduces the number of ordinary fans

who can get in.

Edited by Whitley mag

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I mean corporate seats right behind the goal isn’t exactly conducive to creating a great atmosphere. I’m betting this upgraded corporate area is  a lot pricier than the previous sports bar seats they’re replacing aswell.

No excuse for Corporate seating behind the goals, they should be the cheapest seats in the ground and it reduces the number of ordinary fans

who can get in.

Considering the away fans are above them it's a bad decision. Any extra noise at the GEC standing area will count for nothing around the away fans. Need something in direct competition to them. I also feel that the leazes/milburn corner is the easiest place to get a ticket if your not a ST holder, a lot of people sitting on their own which doesn't help the atmosphere at that part of the ground 

5 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

Seats are being removed in the Leazes end 

Replaced and being painted to spell out 

N U F C

IMG_4391.jpeg

The seats in that photo that have been removed appears to be the sports bar seats that are being converted into a new corporate area.

I do believe those seats, which have been removed, are located in the area once known to be the sports bar. I say once known, as they are being transformed into a new area for corprate. 

1 hour ago, patrone said:

Isn't that area the Leazes Sports Bar area?

To be honest it's needed a revamp for years, I was in there last pre season and they still had Adidas promotional stuff around the place 😂

Last time I was in Sports Bar was for Bordeaux in europa league.

Needed updating then.

Ah, I walked past the Leazes end yesterday and saw lots of furniture that had been removed from somewhere. Tallies with the earlier posts today. The furniture all had an early-years MFI look about it.

24 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

Had an email from club to see if I wanted to apply to move seats to the new safe standing area....

Leaving it all really last minute for the upcoming season...

Just today? I wonder who they sent them out to. 

36 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

Had an email from club to see if I wanted to apply to move seats to the new safe standing area....

Leaving it all really last minute for the upcoming season...

Aye, got the same about an hour ago. All seems a bit last minute, having already renewed existing seats.

23 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Could that not reduce capacity? 

If they lose 5-10% of capacity but can make 30% extra on a higher-end configuration with better hospitality they would possibly go for it.

But obviously a non-starter if renewals for that area have already been confirmed.

Edited by Sima

13 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Someone I know done a stadium tour today and put a video on their insta story. The seats in the Leazes are 100% now comfy seats, not NUFC.

I can’t believe people on the internet would lie to us