St James' Park

Delima

Yep, pretty much that.

SDA is here to stay - he also loves the free publicity he gets whenever anyone on the BBC names the arena as he's got round their advertising ban.

Everything he does is for Sports Direct - which is sort of fair enough - we're a big part of his marketing arm. But he's also a businessman and we're part of the business which is why we're sponsored externally. But if it comes to NUFC vs SD, then SD wins every time. We serve the greater purpose.

Mike Ashley doesn't like being told what he can and can't do - it's almost what drives him at times. Part of the reason he owns us is because he wanted to shut up Dave Whelan.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/08/mike-ashley-bankrolls-jjb-chairman

So in terms of the Olympics, 'his' stadium and what you can and can not do, it's all entirely predictable and par for the course.

How much is Sports Direct worth as a business?

Just wondering what its like compared to NUFC, you would think it would at least be a two way thing but you go in one of his stores (over here anyway) and there is absolutely no Newcastle goods at all.

I actually cant put into words how much I utterly detest that fucking stadium name he gives St. James'. And as if that's not bad enough, there's pathetic Microsoft Word font signs spunked all the stadium. It looks vile, and as petty as I may sound it detracts from the unbelievable season we're coming off the back of. I take huge pride in our history and aspects of the club such as St. James Park, so maybe that's why its such a sensitive spot for me.

How much is Sports Direct worth as a business?

Just wondering what its like compared to NUFC, you would think it would at least be a two way thing but you go in one of his stores (over here anyway) and there is absolutely no Newcastle goods at all.

total guess but 10 times bigger? maybe more

I actually cant put into words how much I utterly detest that f***ing stadium name he gives St. James'. And as if that's not bad enough, there's pathetic Microsoft Word font signs spunked all the stadium. It looks vile, and as petty as I may sound it detracts from the unbelievable season we're coming off the back of. I take huge pride in our history and aspects of the club such as St. James Park, so maybe that's why its such a sensitive spot for me.

:thup:

As much as i detest the bloke for everything he's done since September 2008,i think i'd let it ALL go if he changed the name back to SJP. And that's asking a lot for all of the previous shit to be forgotten too

I was sat watching the Euros the other day and thought whether the NEWCASTLE UNITED will be allowed to stay uncovered on the east stand? Obviously all the SD crap needs to be covered up but technically its still a brand name and needs to be removed/covered. Same goes for the club crest above the tunnel, inside the tunnel and seats.

I was sat watching the Euros the other day and thought whether the NEWCASTLE UNITED will be allowed to stay uncovered on the east stand? Obviously all the SD crap needs to be covered up but technically its still a brand name and needs to be removed/covered. Same goes for the club crest above the tunnel, inside the tunnel and seats.

I reckon it will be uncovered. For example, Uefa refer to the Emirates as Arsenal stadium. I know this isn't Uefa but the thinking should be along the same lines.

I reckon it will be uncovered. For example, Uefa refer to the Emirates as Arsenal stadium. I know this isn't Uefa but the thinking should be along the same lines.

It was more a matter for the Oympics (forgot to put that in the original post).

• 3 weeks later...

Passed earlier and they are putting these huge ugly blue barriers around the main accesses to the ground and car park. Way OTT.

Also, the Olympic signage has went up on the lampost all around town, looks pretty good but feels a bit weird with 'London 2012' all about Newcastle city Centre.

Overhead traffic signs on A1 south informing us of possible congestion during Olympic football events at "SAINT JAMES' PARK" .

A bit OTT a month in advance considering crowds will probably be a lot less than a normal NUFC home match.

Ah right :thup:

Hope the signs stay up after the Olympics to piss of Ashley

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/191/809/me_gusta_mucho_by_megustamuchoplz-d416uqk.png?1319690633

Overhead traffic signs on A1 south informing us of possible congestion during Olympic football events at "SAINT JAMES' PARK" .

A bit OTT a month in advance considering crowds will probably be a lot less than a normal NUFC home match.

Aye, noticed those on the way back on Monday.

Lots of road closures to make space for the perimeter fence.

Lots of road closures to make space for the perimeter fence.

road closures on the days of the games themselves, 3 hours before the game till 1hour after. Bloody stupid!

http://www.northeastfor2012games.com/visitors/road-closures