AZ Alkmaar 2 - 0 Newcastle United (Agg 4 - 4) - Post match thoughts

Dave

Guest assyriantoon

Van Gaal owned Roeder today. The key difference between this game and last week was that AZ played a deeper line. Siberski's headers were not effective because of this. They didnt allow as to play in behind and basically told us to pass it around them. Without Emre we are not able to pass the ball at all well.

I blame Roeder and Shepherd for not buying a left back in the summer. We didnt need Duff. Huntington was exposed several times and really we can't complain about conceeding goals from crosses when we give a right midfielder all the time in the world to pick out a pass.

We need to get rid of Roeder in the summer and replace him with a real manager. Somebody who would not allow a manager like Van Gaal to bully him. Basically, we need Van Gaal.

Hurrah for me! I would've been happy to see NUFC going to the next round, but you won't see me complaining with this result. NUFC has been totally overclassed, so AZ deserved to win imho. We'll see what the rest of the season brings us. Cheers!

I am fighting the urge to abuse you..

Then again,can't say you didnt deserve to win..

Huntingdale was woeful and he should have put Duff there...I mean how long we gonna put up with such a pub side defence ??? Our LB has been a problematic position for more than 3 years and we have done nothing to sort it out...

But the idiot Roeder should have put Duff there and taken Huntingdale off because he was crap...

Who

What a load of rubbish! Pathetic! Losers, the whole lot of them! I knew we would go out as soon as I saw and heard the stadium atmosphere before the start of the match. Why? Because we’ve got a bunch of gutless losers who were intimidated by it.

Is that now the end of Titus Bramble’s run of “form”? 3 or 4 matches? Fucking pathetic! Anybody else still thinks he deserves a new contract? Yes? You’re a fucking idiot, then! He doesn’t deserve to play for a club of the stature of NUFC! He’s an awful defender not even worthy of a top 10 club.

Taylor the next John Terry?? Chelsea are welcome to him, then! How many headers have those two missed between them during that 90 minutes? Awful, fucking awful!

The bloody game plan was non-existent! Weren’t we supposed to test their weak back line and dodgy keeper?!What the fuck happened there?!

Terrible game, Roeder! Bloody terrible! I can’t believe we’re going to put up with crap like this next season as well! Thanks a lot Freddy Shepherd!

Where bloody now? I suggest taking Andy Townsend’s advice! Not that it is rocket science or anything!

Why wasn’t N’Zogbia brought on earlier? Actually….why did we play Huntington in the first place? Duff at left back and N’Zogbia at LW! 

Fuck off!

>:( >:( >:(

Huntingdale was woeful and he should have put Duff there...I mean how long we gonna put up with such a pub side defence ??? Our LB has been a problematic position for more than 3 years and we have done nothing to sort it out...

But the idiot Roeder should have put Duff there and taken Huntingdale off because he was crap...

Who

He played like Jim Dale.

Hurrah for me! I would've been happy to see NUFC going to the next round, but you won't see me complaining with this result. NUFC has been totally overclassed, so AZ deserved to win imho. We'll see what the rest of the season brings us. Cheers!

Fuck fighting the urge, just tell the Dutch cutn to fuck off to his own board. Bellend.

Fuck fighting the urge, just tell the Dutch cutn to fuck off to his own board. Bellend.

Howay man, he wasn't particularly offensive with that post.

People are getting their knives out for Roeder - I haven't, but with displays like tonight, I can understand why, as I'm not sure what the plan was there at all. Or perhaps there was and the players just decided to ignore it.

Brilliant defence of Roeder there Tom. It's not his fault the players chose to ignore him.

Fucks sake.

Are you aquainted with the concept of sarcasm at all?

Not at all Tom, not at all. I honestly cannot wait until you decide to impart your knowlege of this concept to me at some point in the future. Simply cannot wait.

For now though, do excuse me, as I am just a little busy jumping down on any statement that I concieve to be a little lacking in hostility towards the cowardly cunt they call Roeder.

I'm sure the Bramble apologists will try and bail him out, but he was s**** today and his defensive colleages weren't much better.

Taylor was worse.....

You must be selectively blind then.

Taylor elbow was bad, yes he coud have been sent off, plus he lost his man once which could have proved costly but he managed to block.

Bramble was at fault for BOTH goals (first one he played them onside, second one he lost his man for the header) nearly gave away a debated penalty, his tackle he was yellow carded for was horrofic and worse than Taylors elbow. His passing was abysmal as usual and he lost his man countless times. How on earth was he worse than Taylor?

Bramble should have been booted out years ago.

Selective blindness is running in you too...The WHOLE defence was crap crap craaaaapppppppppp...Solano kept lossing the ball, Bramble and Taylor were shocking, Huntingdale is just a kid playing in the wrong playground...

I was impressed though with Alkmaar's defender who was wearing the number 2 top...Who is he ?

Kew Jaliens... Dutch international..

f*** fighting the urge, just tell the Dutch cutn to f*** off to his own board. Bellend.

He wasn't,just bad timing..very bad timing..

I can't be bothered for the sad, pathetic, feeling sorry for ourselves/apologising to the fans crap to come from Roeder and the players tonight. This team always manages to fuck up every opportunity they get. This our season for the UEFA Cup? Yeah right.

f*** fighting the urge, just tell the Dutch cutn to f*** off to his own board. Bellend.

He wasn't,just bad timing..very bad timing..

It has to be accepted. It's part and parcel of football, fans baiting each other. Let them have their moment.

I can't be bothered for the sad, pathetic, feeling sorry for ourselves/apologising to the fans crap to come from Roeder and the players tonight. This team always manages to f*** up every opportunity they get. This our season for the UEFA Cup? Yeah right.

That's something that has annoyed me for years.

They'll put in a sh!te performance and then apologise meekly on TV afterwards or in the next day's Chronicle or Journal.

We've heard it all before, but it doesn't stop it from happening all over again though does it?

Guest andynufc84

Just see the chronicle tomorrow

Parker/Dyer/Taylor or whoever the f*** - 'We must do better for the fans'

I blame ITV. Stupid b@astards nicking the TV coverage from Channel 5.

Do the maths.

UEFA Cup on Channel 5 = Newcastle play well

UEFA Cup on ITV = Newcastle are sh!te.

Dont blame Roeder.

Don't blame the players.

Blame ITV.

Roeder is fucking joke

For a million time this season he proofed that he is poor manager.Not average but poor

He is fucking clueless

And where are all the people who said that he is doing good job

What the fuck!!@!@@

He needs to go in the summer otherwise we will be always a mid table team aiming for the intertoto

God im depressed

Game over

Season over

The end

I haven't felt this angry about anything for a long time, I've never felt this angry about football, ever.

I expected it, I've been worried about this match all week. No bottle when we go ahead, none whatsoever. If this had been a one-ff game tonight, at Alkmaar, 0-0 at the start, I'd have been far more confident. Sitting on first-leg leads is for cowards and it rarely works.

That's why I'm angry, it was obvious that we were going to lose if we tried to defend our lead from the start, and it was obvious that our stupid fucking team/manager would try and do precisely that.

If we'd have gone out there and given it a go and lost, I'd have been disappointed, not angry.

Guest Petay

We were absolutely ruined down our left, they knew Huntington was out of possition and inexperienced and they exploited it.  Our lack of any kind of left back is having a terrible effect on the team as a whole, we become lopsided and at worst just hoof the ball up the field.  I'm not going to try and defend Duff too much as he was gash tonight but I think his play is really suffering because of our lack of a left back, he doesn't get the ball and he has no one to play one twos with down the wing and ends up trying to dribble past people everytime.

Why blame Roeder ? I'm not defending him but when your so called BIG players don't turn up for the game what hope is there? You expect the likes of Shambles and kids like Huntingdon/Taylor to fu**up, but Dyer /Duff/Parker and even Nobby fu**ed up. I don't think we could've defended a 3 goal lead on tonights performance.