Players in public

Guest hindu times

It just doesn't happen to me where i'm from like. In the middle of nowhere, essentially. Like i say - the only footballer i've ever seen in 'real life' was David Batty years ago. That's literally it.

I went to the bar to order some ice cream i didn't want, just so i could stand next to him for a minute or so. So chuffed. :thup:

I'd say lets cart Nolan off to Nando's so he can get some chicken magic in the belly before the game starts, but he looks like he's ate his fair share of full chickens as it is.

Not a player but I saw that weird looking lass who apparantly hangs around the training ground and reserve/bairns games getting photos with players going into the main reception tonight with a mate. You know the one I mean. The lass with the funny teeth and stary eyes.

how old?  Its not the legendary 'Julie' who I had the privilege of interviewing on placement was it?!

I dunno. Late teens I would think. Skinny, long brown hair, long face, weird teeth, very stary, scary eyes. I have seen her photo on here before, that's the only place I know her from.

Ah no, not her.  This woman is in her 30s/40s and is known among people in the media for hanging around SJP whenever anything big happens.

No, she is definitely younger. Am sure someone said she got asked to leave the under 18's match once.

I seen her tonight aswell. I think she's older than late teens though. I've always known her as "the Jenas Stalker".

Not a player but I saw that weird looking lass who apparantly hangs around the training ground and reserve/bairns games getting photos with players going into the main reception tonight with a mate. You know the one I mean. The lass with the funny teeth and stary eyes.

how old?  Its not the legendary 'Julie' who I had the privilege of interviewing on placement was it?!

I dunno. Late teens I would think. Skinny, long brown hair, long face, weird teeth, very stary, scary eyes. I have seen her photo on here before, that's the only place I know her from.

aye, i remember seeing a photo of her with guthrie, he looked like a terrified hostage

mmmm... footballers I have met in real life:

1) Iván de la Peña: I was buying the newspaper at a kiosk in Barcelona and then noticed that the short bald guy at my right was him.

2) Andrés Iniesta: not really "real life", as I met him while covering an awards ceremony to "most promising Spanish sport talents". That same night I also met Pau Gasol and Rafa Nadal (I used to work as a journalist). Came across as a guy that doesn't care for all the limelight stuff and only worries about being good at football.  :thup:

3) Raúl Tamudo: I interviewed him. The guy was an immensely likeable fella, made me feel really bad he played for the scum. We ended playing PES and he gave me a hiding. Fucker scored 4 goals with himself.

4) Pep Guardiola: He lives in the same town as my parents do, I have came across him a few times when staying with them. Never talked to him though.

5) Cesc Fàbregas: He used to live in the town immediately next to the town where my parents live (yes, that means he lives less than 1 mile from Guardiola's, shake with fear FabregAsh). He still spends his holidays there and I have seen him a few times. My little brother has talked to him a few times.

6) Unai Bergara: not famous to you, was a centreback at Villarreal that got a few callups to the Spain squad before his career entered a vertical fall. I studied with him, hell, even helped him cheat at exams since he was a bit thick.

7) Vicente Sánchez: Barça's captain during the 1980s. I played against him in a regional footie league when he was in his 40s. Actually, the best game of my life was against his team, when I kept a clean sheet even though they bombarded us for the 90mins. That victory clinched the league for us too! (he was so angry!  :lol:)

I also met Florentino Pérez while living in Madrid. He was mates with my boss there.

That's it, I think.

He lived next to Gosforth golf club/racecourse for a bit did he not?

When I went to his house he lived on that new build estate at the far end of Salters Road being St. Nics mental hospital.

Only went round once or twice.

James promised me a Blackburn Rovers shirt with Shearer 9 on the back, said his Dad would get it from Chris Sutton but it never happened. :(

Guest Roger Kint

Ruel Fox in Burger King. Read it and weep.

Gazza bought me an ice cream in summer 88/89?(toulon tournament he was in) and took me and family around the town to find the whole squad for autographs :snod:

Guest icemanblue

Seen Carrol, Pancrate and Ranger in Flo's tonight, pathetic excuse of a footballer is Ranger, total cunt.

He knock you back like?

It just doesn't happen to me where i'm from like. In the middle of nowhere, essentially. Like i say - the only footballer i've ever seen in 'real life' was David Batty years ago. That's literally it.

It was mint BUZZIN'; i went to the bar to order some ice cream i didn't want, just so i could stand next to him for a minute or so. So chuffed. :thup:

Same here mate, i live in the sticks so i rarely see footballers in public.

BTW Batty goes to Scarborough every summer, he stays in a caravan.

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

He lived next to Gosforth golf club/racecourse for a bit did he not?

He used to live down St Peter's Basin,  Used to wash his car,  Not sure if this is before this or after ?

saw scott carson with his family at the penrith center parcs this summer. got chatting to his dad and he said scott had just turned down a move to the toon. preferred to stay at WBA as nice "family club" - the way he said it it sounded as if carson didnt want the pressure at such a high profile club.

saw scott carson with his family at the penrith center parcs this summer. got chatting to his dad and he said scott had just turned down a move to the toon. preferred to stay at WBA as nice "family club" - the way he said it it sounded as if carson didnt want the pressure at such a high profile club.

Good, he's shit.