Players in public

Guest hindu times

Tbh, the only player Ive heard the 'but he was shit in school...' about is Peter Ramage. Even people I know who went to school with Ameobi say he was absolutely class at school.

I remember hearing about this our P.E. teacher was raving about how good steven taylor was going to be and slipped in that ramage could be decent but that he was better at cricket or something  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Tbh, the only player Ive heard the 'but he was s*** in school...' about is Peter Ramage. Even people I know who went to school with Ameobi say he was absolutely class at school.

I remember hearing about this our P.E. teacher was raving about how good steven taylor was going to be and slipped in that ramage could be decent but that he was better at cricket or something  :lol:

Aye I know someone who kicks himself because he played with him at academy level, he reckons Ramage was absolutely shit, but worked really really hard. According to him, he (not Ramage) was kicked out of the academy because of his bad temper on the pitch. Used to get into fights with everyone.

Tbh, the only player Ive heard the 'but he was s*** in school...' about is Peter Ramage. Even people I know who went to school with Ameobi say he was absolutely class at school.

Aye I know someone who kicks himself because he played with him at academy level, he reckons Ramage was absolutely s***, but worked really really hard. According to him, he (not Ramage) was kicked out of the academy because of his bad temper on the pitch. Used to get into fights with everyone.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_03/bartonDM_468x589.jpg

he certainly was.

Always was tbh

im talking about ameobi being class.

The kids not being that good at school is an interesting one. I know someone who went to school with Chris Eagles (hemel hemstead area) and said he was absolute class, but certainly not the best player in the year, just about scraped in the top 5. No-one could believe it when he was the one picked up by ManU, but the scouts can obviously see what we can't.

The kids not being that good at school is an interesting one. I know someone who went to school with Chris Eagles (hemel hemstead area) and said he was absolute class, but certainly not the best player in the year, just about scraped in the top 5. No-one could believe it when he was the one picked up by ManU, but the scouts can obviously see what we can't.

With him it's a case of the players around him needing to be good, some players will stand out even if they were playing in the conference but some need the intelligent runs and passing of better players for them to shine.

No I played football against him at school, he thought he was the bollocks but he wasn't at all but somehow he has convinced the football world he is actually fairly good (or had visions at school he was going to improve a lot!).

I made him cry (and scream like a girl) during a game once.

Oh no another "He wasn't any good when I played against him like"  :facepalm:

Did I make you cry? :lol:

When you are getting stick from Nixon about mentioning "players I knew when I was younger" you know you are in the s***!

Its like Gary Glitter telling me off for holding my nieces hand when we cross a busy road.

It's all very cliche, it seems everyone that knows or knew a player as a kid said he was shit as a kid, it can't really be true can it, seeing as he is now a professional. It's a bit like saying you got a higher GCSE art mark than Van Gogh. But hey you made him cry didn't you Grrr mr Big Steroid man.  :lol:

Liam Hatch couldn't get a game on the pitch for our school team either and has since played for Peterborough, Darlington etc... when the people keeping him out have been playing for Barton, Hitchin, Stotfold....

It happens.

Still crying? :lol:

Is that 3 different forum members who've seen Alan Smith in Orlando now?

I'm off there next month and sincerely hope i'm the fourth

Oh but what will you say?

ps, let me know if you want to grab a pint when you're in town.

Guest BooBoo

I saw mackem Kenwyne Jones in Sainsburys in Heaton last week. Looked a right scruffy get.

Haha, when? I work in that Sainsburys.

Thursday at approx 10am. Maybe you served me....

Oh but what will you say?

ps, let me know if you want to grab a pint when you're in town.

will do sir, chances are there'll be a couple of days when the girlfriend will be content with the pool and i'll be forced to embark on a solo pub crawl in downtown Orlando.

As for Alan, i'll probably put him through a window and lose my chance of emigrating

I saw mackem Kenwyne Jones in Sainsburys in Heaton last week. Looked a right scruffy get.

Haha, when? I work in that Sainsburys.

Thursday at approx 10am. Maybe you served me....

Ahh reet. Nahh, would of been asleep then like.

Alan Smith on Vacation in Orlando, spotted him in a local bar downtown, I of course had to tell him how I felt about being relegated and all that...

What bar?  I saw him downtown at BBQ Bar last week.

BBQ Bar actually. Hah! You speak to him? He had a lot to say actually...

He's here for 3 weeks from what he said....So he's here until July 1 when preseason starts?

Alan Smith on Vacation in Orlando, spotted him in a local bar downtown, I of course had to tell him how I felt about being relegated and all that...

Naw, he brushed me off pretty much after I told him I was a huge Newcastle fan.

Naw, he brushed me off pretty much after I told him I was a huge Newcastle fan.

I walked up to him and pointed at him and said "Alan Smith" and he nodded and then I forced a chat out of him for a good 10 mins or so.

Ronaldo, let me know as well, I live downtown and up for a pub crawl for sure.