Bramble back for Chelsea

Rich

Guest Ridzuan

I still dont think we should give him a new contract.I admit he performed well yesterday,but he is very inconsistent.He will perform very well one moment,and very poor the next moment.

Guest DarkSchneider

How many games have we played with the same centre central defensive pair. How many games have Bramble and Taylor played together as central defenders? I don't recall that many. I think that defenders need to play together for some games to get used to playing with each other and to gain some confidence. I think that if Bramble is prepaired to take lower wages we should keep him.

Made a couple of mistakes but did well in general. No doubt anything good from the performance will be ignored by the "Bramble is the worst defender ever" crew.

He didn't do too bad, but he made some shocking decisions to backup the idea that he is not capable of having an entirely good game. Overall, i'd give him a 6/10.

Keeping Bramble would be an acknowledgement that shit is good enough.

Made a couple of mistakes but did well in general. No doubt anything good from the performance will be ignored by the "Bramble is the worst defender ever" crew.

He didn't do too bad, but he made some shocking decisions to backup the idea that he is not capable of having an entirely good game. Overall, i'd give him a 6/10.

Keeping Bramble would be an acknowledgement that s*** is good enough.

a 6 out of 10 (harsh btw) implies a sound performance. Against Chelsea i'd say that is a good game

personally i thought he was shakey first 5 mintes of both halves, but apart from that, he was great. The way he was imposing himself in the last half hour, winning everything, putting in killer tackles............

i'll miss that if he goes, we don't really have another defender in that mould

Guest Gemmill

Did alright yesterday.  He's done alright before though, and yesterday should have no impact on his long term future at NUFC - i.e. he shouldn't have one.

Hurts all the more when you know he can play like he did yesterday, but then you know we will only get that kind of performance once every 5 or 6 games.

to be honest, before the Alkmaar (a) game, he'd given good performances 5 times in a row

Hurts all the more when you know he can play like he did yesterday, but then you know we will only get that kind of performance once every 5 or 6 games.

to be honest, before the Alkmaar (a) game, he'd given good performances 5 times in a row

Decent enough paerformances yes, maybe. but yesterday he was outstanding..

Keeping Bramble would be an acknowledgement that s*** is good enough.

a 6 out of 10 (harsh btw) implies a sound performance. Against Chelsea i'd say that is a good game

personally i thought he was shakey first 5 mintes of both halves, but apart from that, he was great. The way he was imposing himself in the last half hour, winning everything, putting in killer tackles............

i'll miss that if he goes, we don't really have another defender in that mould

We don't need him, we need a competent defender. He's too much of a liability.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

How can he be outstanding when he made two big errors in the first half and very nearly costs us a goal twice when he let kalou run past him!! Just because he made two hard tackles which get the crowd going he has played outstanding.....I dont get it!

Whatever Bramble's shortcomings he is a better defender than Taylor. Both were good yesterday but generally Taylor has been shocking, he gets lost too much, gets wrong side and then is liable to commit the most stupid fouls. I think too many are falling for his "self appointed local hero" stuff.

Despite most people thinking Taylor was to blame for the Alkmaar defeat it was Bramble (again ) who was made the scapegoat.

Whatever Bramble's shortcomings he is a better defender than Taylor. Both were good yesterday but generally Taylor has been shocking, he gets lost too much, gets wrong side and then is liable to commit the most stupid fouls. I think too many are falling for his "self appointed local hero" stuff.

Despite most people thinking Taylor was to blame for the Alkmaar defeat it was Bramble (again ) who was made the scapegoat.

I stopped reading here.

Shouldve stopped reading after he said that he is better then Taylor :D

How can he be outstanding when he made two big errors in the first half and very nearly costs us a goal twice when he let kalou run past him!! Just because he made two hard tackles which get the crowd going he has played outstanding.....I dont get it!

So Kalou, how much did he cost and how much will he be worth?  I`m sure he didn`t LET him run past him. He was simply out paced by a far superior player. It does happen you know.

So Kalou, how much did he cost and how much will he be worth?  I`m sure he didn`t LET him run past him. He was simply out paced by a far superior player. It does happen you know.

That moment when Bramble turned like a battleship and lumbered after him did sum up his physical attributes - a kind of bumbling, awkward strength. Yes, he did have a good game, but that tiny piece of play won't be making any youtube clips...

And you think that wouldn't have happened if that was Taylor with Kalou ? Kalou is a handful, he is quick and has bags of trickery...Not many defenders are that fast to stop such players...

So embarrassingly true. Our whole eleven plays horrifically against AZ, and "Bramble is back to usual".  :crazy2:

Bramble deserves a contract.

So embarrassingly true. Our whole eleven plays horrifically against AZ, and "Bramble is back to usual".  :crazy2:

Bramble deserves a contract.

amen

I think if you watch the AZ's first goal you will see that in the first place it was more Bramble's mistake then Taylor's

Bramble tried to leave one of the forwards offside,that didnt work out,then Hunty was slow to close the cross and after that it was mostly Taylor's fault that he didnt marked Arveladze who scored

For the 2nd goal it was 100% Bramble's fault because he lost his man before the corner

And finally the fact that Bramble was made the scapegoat is because he was doing this amateurs mistakes for 4-5 years already.It was time that he takes the blame(of course i dont support the idiotic manner of which Roeder criticized Bramble in public).

There isn't anything that Bramble could do now to convince me that he deserves a new contract. What's the use in being a good defender 70% of the time?

Something that could convince me is Roeder not getting the right players in the summer and Ramage moving up the pecking order. As much as I think Bramble should move on I would rather him near the team than Ramage.