PFA Team of the Year

James

I think this selection - to an extent - reflects how much professional players would like to see Man U turn over Chelsea. Vidic over Terry or Carvalho is quite dodgy, although he has played well.

I think its more of a reflection on how well Man Utd have done so far.  Its true that players like Ferdinand, Vidic, Scholes, Giggs, Neville (hasn't he won this loads of times?), and Evra have all raised their games this season, but it doesn't make them the best in the prem.  I think that Giggs has played some of the best football of his life this year, and deserves his spot, along with Ronaldo, but the rest of them are in there because ManUtd are back on top, simple as.  I'd actually see Carrick in there before Evra, Ferdinand, Neville, Vidic, or Scholes, because he's clearly filled that midfield role similar to what Keane's, although he has made it his own. 

By the way, selection of Van der Saar really makes no sense, and its a really good point that Spectrum made earlier, about goalkeepers, because the likes of Van Der Saar, Cech, and to a lesser extent,  Reina, Lehmann, and Howard aren't staring down the barrell every week knowing they will have to save their teams 3 or 4 goals to have a chance at victory. 

Guest teepee

a bit over the top on the manure defence - and there is no way i would find room for berbatov in there. yes he has had a good season, but it still leaves quite a bit to be desired. has been dreadfull on occassions as well (from the bits i've seen).

this team of the season is always  :uglystupid2: but BERBATOV?  ;D ;D

That one is just mind boggling. He has a purple patch of scoring goals, most against average oppo in the UEFA cup, and errrr then what?  Crouch and Martins have done more, never mind McCarthy as well. That is hysterical.

I won't even bother with why Finnan gets ignored all the time, not worth the agro. And Van Der Saar hasnt actually been that great, if he got as much stick as certain other goalies do for a cockup, he'd be nowhere near. He was far better last season.

That one is just mind boggling. He has a purple patch of scoring goals, most against average oppo in the UEFA cup, and errrr then what?  Crouch and Martins have done more, never mind McCarthy as well. That is hysterical.

I can't agree with you there. At first, he really struggled and I thought he was going to flop, but there seemed to be a sudden transformation half way through the season. Lately he's been brilliant.

Van der Sar

G Neville R Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Scholes Gerrard Giggs

Drogba Berbatov

:lol: :lol:

Jesus Wept...

The whole defence is Man Utd's

My team would be:

Cech(he is better then EVS any day of the week)

Chimbonda        Rio Ferdinand      Carvalho      Riise

Ronaldo          Scholes            Lampard            Matthew Taylor

Drogba          Benni McCarthy(although my countryman Berbatov fully deserves this award)

Anyone interested in the PFA Team of the Year in the Championship:

Murray

Alexander        Davies          D.Moore    Bale

Edwards        Koumas        Whitehead  McSheffrey

Kamara      Chopra

Riise ahead of Evra, Bridge and Clichy?

what

Guest kingdawson

I won't even bother with why Finnan gets ignored all the time, not worth the agro. And Van Der Saar hasnt actually been that great, if he got as much stick as certain other goalies do for a cockup, he'd be nowhere near. He was far better last season.

Stop  hating. The guy has about 15 assists to his name this season as well as 20 goals. All this in his first full season in the prem. His performances have been of the highest standard and he deserves it tbh.

I think Berbatov justifies his place tbf, if Rooney was in it people would be complaning that all the Man Utd squad is in it. I was reading the Man Utd forum and they said Carrick and Rooney should be in the team as well.

My team would be:

Drogba          Benni McCarthy(although my countryman Berbatov fully deserves this award)

Funny how you put Riise when most Liverpool fans would say he's been their weakest player this season.

Berbatov deserves his place for sure.  If you ignore penalties, he's the 2nd highest scorer this season.  On top of that, he's an excellent all-round striker and has a lot more to his game.  Whereas if you look at Martins, what has he done this season apart from his goals?

My team would be:

Chimbonda        Rio Ferdinand      Carvalho       Riise

Ronaldo           Scholes            Lampard            Matthew Taylor

Funny how you put Riise when most Liverpool fans would say he's been their weakest player this season.

Chimbonda is there ffs

Anyone interested in the PFA Team of the Year in the Championship:

Murray

Alexander        Davies          D.Moore     Bale

Edwards        Koumas         Whitehead   McSheffrey

Kamara       Chopra

well done Rocky :clap:

1. van der Sar - Never been that good IMO, I can remember a game against Fulham not so long ago where he played well but for most of the season he has had nowt to do but watch, and has been pretty dodgy in recent weeks. Probably got in because the main competition Cech has been injured but I would always give this award to someone with a heavier workload such as Jaaskelinen, James or Carson.

2. Neville - This is my bias creeping in but he's not a special player and can in no way be considered the outstanding candidate. I would have given it to Steve Finnan by the virtue of him not being Gary Neville.

3. Evra - I'd like to say "WTF is he doing here?" but I'm struggling to name someone else. Cole has been very disappointing IMO, there isn't much else left. I'll let him slide.

4. Ferdinand - No dispute. I know some people look down their nose at him but IMO he's a class act.

5. Vidic - Suprising. I think he's monstorously overrated (Shite when the ball drops below head height IMO) but altho he's had a lot of good games (Not suprising when 90% of the teams in this league constantly hoof the ball from back to front) I would have put either Carragher or Carvalho in there instead.

6. Scholes - Obviously. Best player of that group of "kids" by a street IMO even if he can't tackle for shit. Benefited from the time off he had with that going blind dealie, probably 3rd best player in the league this season.

7. Ronaldo - Hmm...

8. Gerrard - This selection belongs firmly in the "Eh?!?!" category. Spent the first half of the season on the right wing, done alright since moving in but nothing spectacular by his standards. Would definetly have Essien in there instead.

9. Drogba - Obvious choice.

10. Berbatov - Debatable. I think he's a class act, tremendous player most of the time but he's done f all away from home. But I'd struggle to name a replacement. Looking at the top scorers there is only really Rooney, who I don't think is that hot and is very inconsistent, and Benni McCarthy, who is not as good a player as Berbatov obviously but he does seem more consistent. I'd probably agree with the choice of Berbatov tbf.

11. Giggs - No. Never been as good as some make out IMO, and I don't think he's contributed that much this season(Ronaldo and Scholes absolutely carry that team as far as I'm concerned). I would have put someone like Matt Taylor in there, I think he's done a lot more to help his team and has produced more of a thrill factor for Joe Public with his stupid ammount of wondergoals.

So that comes out:

James

Finnan Ferdinand Carragher Evra

Ronaldo Scholes Essien Taylor

Drogba Berbatov

Also think its interesting that there was no love for Lampard. Even if he's carried on scoring silly ammounts of goals, he's not been selected here, wasn't nominated for the main award and most of the country wants him out of the England side. HIs star seems to be falling...

Accurate assessment tbh. Though i would have had Paul Robinson in over James.

Really? Paul Robinson? The Spurs keeper? The one that gets down to a ball slower than it takes my name to stairlift all they way to the bottom of the stairs?

That Paul Robinson? The shit on?

;) :D

Guest kingdawson

How does Berbatov get in? this is the league team of the year not europe + league, Van Persie's scored more than Berbatov, christ.

oh ok so goals are all that matter. Lets forget the fact that he's got the most assists in the league for a striker besides Rooney and he's overal contribution to the team.

this is the league team of the year not europe + league.

Where does it say that?  I thought it applied to all competitions this season.

Has anyone complaining about Berbatov actually seen him play, or have you just looked at his goals tally (which is pretty impressive as it is)?  He's a fantastic player and has so much more to his game than just goals.  I'd swap him for Martins or Owen in a heartbeat.

Would have had McCarthy in there over Berbatov personally, but there's not an awful lot to argue with. Don't hate him just because he plays for Spurs. The guy is fucking class, definitely edging Martins at this point.

Oba still has more potential, though.

Guest kingdawson

team of the year in my opinion should have been:

James

Finnan  Carvalho  Vidic  Evra

Ronaldo Scholes Essien  Arteta

berbatov  Drogba

subs: Cech, Primus, Taylor, Giggs, Mccarthy

team of the year in my opinion should have been:

James

Finnan  Carvalho  Vidic  Evra

Ronaldo Scholes Essien  Arteta

berbatov  Drogba

subs: Cech, Primus, Taylor, Scholes, Mccarthy

So good they named him twice?  ;)

My team would be:

NUFC06 is the biggest r-tard on this place, what do you expect?