Sidwell joins Chelsea

stozo

Guest mishka17

chelsea? talents like wright-phillips or bridge etc. hardly getting to 1st team... about sidwell? with all due respect for him-he will play in cups against nottingam forrest or similiar clubs and in premiership against sunderland or other fulham..eventually

thtas what we think,could he be confident enough in his ability to think it'sworth a shot.

maybe so, but basing on .. for example mentioned phillips...it's not going to be easy for him at stanford bridge...but i wish him good luck, maybe he'll achieve something with them

chelsea? talents like wright-phillips or bridge etc. hardly getting to 1st team... about sidwell? with all due respect for him-he will play in cups against nottingam forrest or similiar clubs and in premiership against sunderland or other fulham..eventually

thtas what we think,could he be confident enough in his ability to think it'sworth a shot.

maybe so, but basing on .. for example mentioned phillips...it's not going to be easy for him at stanford bridge...but i wish him good luck, maybe he'll achieve something with them

on the other hand what would you think of a player saying"i'm not good enough for them"?

Guest mishka17

on the other hand what would you think of a player saying"i'm not good enough for them"?

that he's scared or honest :) but seriously, i don't remember any player saying these kind of words-everyone in the world is waiting for his chance, and we can say that sidwell has got one now. from many point's of view that a proper decision-from newcomer to last year champions-who could resist? but he must be aware, that he probably won't play too many games....and if i'm wrong, aswell as few other lads...i'll bark my words back

Mikel, Diarra, Essien, Makelele, Lampard, Ballack all fighting for 2 spots already. Good luck Sidwell :lol:

Makelele is probably going to drop down order, replaced by Diarra. Mikel and Essien are going away for 2 months for the african cup of nations, that's why they want him and he should know it!

I doubt Makelele will be dropping anywhere down the order but even if he was he would be second choice behind Diarra so the point is irrelevant. So those two are going away for 2 months, that means he will only have the 4 other players to fight out the 2 places with.

Guest Nappy Rash

The worst kept secret in football isnt dead yet  :lol:

Even though he has yet to be officially installed as Newcastle’s latest boss, he has been involved in trying to rescue the deal involving Reading’s Steve Sidwell.

Sidwell had agreed to join the Geordies on a Bosman free when Roeder was in charge, but has since begun talks with other clubs including Chelsea and Everton.

Allardyce has let it be known that he would love the energetic midfielder to be part of his Newcastle side, but Chelsea are the new favourites to sign him.

Guest Toon83

Even though he has yet to be officially installed as Newcastle’s latest boss, he has been involved in trying to rescue the deal involving Reading’s Steve Sidwell.

Sidwell had agreed to join the Geordies on a Bosman free when Roeder was in charge, but has since begun talks with other clubs including Chelsea and Everton.

Allardyce has let it be known that he would love the energetic midfielder to be part of his Newcastle side, but Chelsea are the new favourites to sign him.

Where's this from? source?

Does anybody know what will happen with arsenal now, being sidwell's club he had a clause in his contract about money going to arsenal if he signed for a different club, now he is availble for free will arsenal get nothing?

PS Hope he goes to newcastle!

Guest Guinness

I'd like to see Sidwell here, but Chelsea looks like his most likely destination. Shame really, can't see him getting much football there.

Sidwell having a medical at Chelsea makes it even more likely that we will sign him. A year or two later of course.

Chelsea are probably signing him specifically with the view of selling him on a year later to us for something like £6mill, having paid a few mill in wages. If things go well, maybe theyll get an inflated price if he gets picked for England or they make him look better than he is when he plays in the odd easy fixture or Carling Cup game.

Sidwell is decent enough player but the way some are you talking you think he is as good as the premiership top midfielders: Lampard,Gerrard,Dyer,Scholes,Fabregas,Essien,Butt,Alonso,Parker,Jenas....

Where's this from? source?

I think it is from http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/6871

Sidwell is decent enough player but the way some are you talking you think he is as good as the premiership top midfielders: Lampard,Gerrard,Dyer,Scholes,Fabregas,Essien,Butt,Alonso,Parker,Jenas....

Just a friendly warning, but you might want to pick up your tin hat...

He will sign for us no worries.

There is no way he goes to Chelsea knowing he will only play for the couple of months while Essien and Mikel are at the African Nations Cup.

He will be our first signing to be announced along with Big Sam by Wednesday.

Guest fraser

Just thinking:

If he were going to Chelsea and was undergoing a medical wouldn't everybody just say so?

If he were going to a plc then wouldn't that have to be announced to the SE first hence preventing Coppell from naming the club?

Just thinking:

If he were going to Chelsea and was undergoing a medical wouldn't everybody just say so?

If he were going to a plc then wouldn't that have to be announced to the SE first hence preventing Coppell from naming the club?

What would stop Coppell from naming the club?