Albert Luque (now retired)

James

Not really a crisis. A Newcastle shirt is a Newcastle shirt, and I am going to buy the awayshirt and maybe the 3-shirt. And I could allways buy the homeshirt next year.

s*** anyway.

Get your own name on the back, you'll be safe any how O0

Not really a crisis. A Newcastle shirt is a Newcastle shirt, and I am going to buy the awayshirt and maybe the 3-shirt. And I could allways buy the homeshirt next year.

s*** anyway.

Heh, I don`t like that really. Barton 7 for the awayshirt, is that safe?

s*** anyway.

Heh, I don`t like that really. Barton 7 for the awayshirt, is that safe?

If you're not bothered he's in jail half the season, yes :parky:

expected to be 8 million

Surely not, I wouldn't een have expected 8m Euros. Great news if its true!

Are you for real? :lol: Gormless or what.

Fuck off :D

Tbf I did start the sentence with "Surely not".

One person I don't blame at all for this is Luque himself. I blame Roeder who never picked him, even playing fucking Fattison in front of him. I won't cry a river but I actually feel sorry for the guy as he was never given a proper chance, a run in the team longer than 5 games.

You have to be kidding.  You are talking about a bloke who has never, ever, ever, ever looked interested in playing for us IMO

One person I don't blame at all for this is Luque himself. I blame Roeder who never picked him, even playing fucking Fattison in front of him. I won't cry a river but I actually feel sorry for the guy as he was never given a proper chance, a run in the team longer than 5 games.

You have to be kidding.  You are talking about a bloke who has never, ever, ever, ever looked interested in playing for us IMO

Would you blame him if he looked miserable? Roeder did fuck all for his confidence. I'd be down in the dumps if I was seeing the likes of Pattison, Shola, Carrol, etc being played in front of me EVEN during a terrible injury ravaged season.

You'd surely think what the fuck have I done wrong?

He could of gotten back into the team this season but if Ajax came in and offered you a guranteed place, after showing they have faith in you, surely you'd have jumped at the chance?

Theres more to it then playing passionately in front of 52k fans. Family life, team mates, the press; all questioning the £10m fee when you can't even get the chance to show them. His role as a sub all the time certainly must've gotten him down even more.........it jus all builds up and kicks your confidence, especially with a muppet like Roeder handling it all.

Anyway, I'd rather him gone and out of our hands now. Time to move on and in retrospect we'll look back at the situation and learn from it.

Guest nightmare

he's a lazy coward, you can have all the ability in the world but you've got to have more than that to succeed in this league.

As has been pointed out, there's a reason three separate and completely different managers haven't played him/wanted him. Just not been good enough, for whatever reason.

Nope, revisionist history mate..  Luque played 13 of the 15 games he was available for under Souness (5 from the bench, but what can you expect when coming back from a bad injury).  Also Allardyce made it clear that if Luque wanted to stay he would give him a chance having been a fan of his at Depor.

Roeder was the only manager who wouldn't play him/didn't want him.

As has been pointed out, there's a reason three separate and completely different managers haven't played him/wanted him. Just not been good enough, for whatever reason.

Wah?.. which three managers were those?  Luque played 13 of the 15 games he was available for under Souness (5 from the bench, but what can you expect when coming back from a bad injury).  Also Allardyce made it clear that if Luque wanted to stay he would give him a chance having been a fan of his at Depor.

Yeah because Allardyce was clearly going to give him a chance as a 6th choice sdtriker. I think it's safe to say if Allardyce had any interest in keeping him he would have.

Wah?.. which three managers were those?  Luque played 13 of the 15 games he was available for under Souness (5 from the bench, but what can you expect when coming back from a bad injury).  Also Allardyce made it clear that if Luque wanted to stay he would give him a chance having been a fan of his at Depor.

Yeah because Allardyce was clearly going to give him a chance as a 6th choice sdtriker. I think it's safe to say if Allardyce had any interest in keeping him he would have.

There's a big difference between Allardyce saying "If you stay I'll give you regular first team Football" and Allardyce saying "I don't want you, leave"....  No doubt Luque could have stayed and Allardyce would have put every effort into helping him push his way into the team.  But obviously he wanted a fresh start at a club that wanted him in the first team straight away.

I hope the toon get into europe next season and they get knocked out by an albert luque hat trick. He is better than shola,duff, etc etc etc and has shown a damn site more that the over rated injury prone little huckle that is owen!

after this i no longer support the toon and i will laugh my balls off when he scores about 15 for ajaxthis season!

I am not a football manager by any stretch but pattinson better than luque??????

Not likely I would be better than pattinson if i was blind and had two broken legs!he is 100% s****

sorry all,missed a couple of pages there.

Just in case you're not around, mad

Strange one way or the other that he hasn't had a run in the team in his 2 years here, but injuries and 3 different managers hasn't helped. But isn't it a bit ironic that most of us can't see a lot of our players suited to the 4-3-3 system yet this guys main game has been on the left of a front 3 in this formation....!

I am pretty sure he had a bust up with one of the coachs, Person, Clark or Terry Mac because i can't believe how he is always overlooked despite scoring whenever given the chance.

3 competitive goals, are you sure? One of which against the worst premiership team in history, and one at home to Lillestrom - I'm pretty sure he hasn't scored whenever given the chance.

Sorry Dave, I disagree with that logic that is often been flouted about. You can't conflate the three managers views on Luque and mask Roeder's and Souness' inability to manage Luque with the "well if Allardyce does not want him either, then surely something is wrong with him" approach.

Allardyce clearly has not had enough time to assess all his attacking options (he has not even seen Duff play under him) and their relative merit to each other. Hence Big Sam selling him should not be attributed to him thinking that Luque is worthless or bottom of the list. It is more the need to free wages and to find the easiest player to ship out without suffering fans backlash. Much easier to justify the selling Luque than Duff to our fans on the pretext that he is a continental player who just could not adapt to the EPL though it might very well be the wrong decision.

Once again I fear we will learn on our folly once we see Luque in action for Ajax and compare it our Duff.

Guest sittingontheball

Ten million he may have cost, but he was still a panic buy by a club with no semblence of organisation and a manager who should never have been appointed.

Circumstances may have conspired against the lad getting injured so early on, but he didn't show much resolve. Or enough class to make up for that lack of resolve. This whole saga is nothing more than "what ifs".

At least he scored against the Mackems, joining that elite bunch including Andy O Brien, Shola, Dabizas, and Michael Chopra.

personally i think this is a bad move.  He should have gone on loan to ajax, till we are back in europe.  He played pretty well for us in uefa, but hes not got the mental strength for the prem; this could be a confidence thing though, and a year in the dutch league should repair that.

bad move imo, rather short sighted.  I bet he scores against us in some euro competition within 5 years!

personally i think this is a bad move.  He should have gone on loan to ajax, till we are back in europe.  He played pretty well for us in uefa, but hes not got the mental strength for the prem; this could be a confidence thing though, and a year in the dutch league should repair that.

bad move imo, rather short sighted.   I bet he scores against us in some euro competition within 5 years!

nah, certain things are just written in advance and perserverance changes nothing

tommasson was the same...had potential but the pace/passion/strength/heart or whatever you want to call it weren't there, thus the right move for NUFC was to ship him, regardless of the fact he went on to do very well elsewhere

certain things are good for the club and certain things are good for the individual...this summer the luque and dyer deals have satisfied both of those....

bad move imo, rather short sighted.  I bet he scores against us in some euro competition within 5 years!

nah, certain things are just written in advance and perserverance changes nothing

tommasson was the same...had potential but the pace/passion/strength/heart or whatever you want to call it weren't there, thus the right move for NUFC was to ship him, regardless of the fact he went on to do very well elsewhere

certain things are good for the club and certain things are good for the individual...this summer the luque and dyer deals have satisfied both of those....

I'd say for John Dahl was the fact he was completely played out of position in his only season in a new country and a lot tougher league. I think if Shearer had never got injured and Asprilla never got injured/sold, we would have seen John Dahl slowly brought in, given time to adjust to the league. But he ended up leading the line on his own, in a role that was just something he was never suited to do, as he has always been more of a 2nd striker. I'd say that miss against Sheff Wed on his league debut about summed everything up for him, from that moment on his confidence looked shot.

bad move imo, rather short sighted.   I bet he scores against us in some euro competition within 5 years!

I'd say for John Dahl was the fact he was completely played out of position in his only season in a new country and a lot tougher league. I think if Shearer had never got injured and Asprilla never got injured/sold, we would have seen John Dahl slowly brought in, given time to adjust to the league. But he ended up leading the line on his own, in a role that was just something he was never suited to do, as he has always been more of a 2nd striker. I'd say that miss against Sheff Wed on his league debut about summed everything up for him, from that moment on his confidence looked shot.

aye that's what i'm saying...if you remember at the time we were just hoping after hope he was gonna come good, that he'd get used to the pace and stop needing the extra time on the ball but it never happened

you're right in that things might have been different if jon dahl had been brought through bit by bit but basically he wasn't and he was found wanting - for me there was never any going back....bigger clubs than us can afford that time/money but we've never really been able to do that have we?

luque had enough time to adapt to the physical side, much more than JDT did and he's older, and the point i'm making is that save for a few deluded souls who thought allardyce was gonna turn him into a genius the majority of us knew that it was either leave or sit out his contract never playing

best deal all round

aye that's what i'm saying...if you remember at the time we were just hoping after hope he was gonna come good, that he'd get used to the pace and stop needing the extra time on the ball but it never happened

you're right in that things might have been different if jon dahl had been brought through bit by bit but basically he wasn't and he was found wanting - for me there was never any going back....bigger clubs than us can afford that time/money but we've never really been able to do that have we?

luque had enough time to adapt to the physical side, much more than JDT did and he's older, and the point i'm making is that save for a few deluded souls who thought allardyce was gonna turn him into a genius the majority of us knew that it was either leave or sit out his contract never playing

best deal all round

I agree in that completely.