Oba: dropped, rested or AWOL?

STM

It has to be said TBH. Why would a football club rest a player on the last day of the season, unless he has an injury?

I don't think he's got an impending move to another club (valencia) simply because of the fact we have no manager. This all seems abit odd to me.

It has to be said TBH. Why would a football club rest a player on the last day of the season, unless he has an injury?

I don't think he's got an impending move to another club (valencia) simply because of the fact we have no manager. This all seems abit odd to me.

Who knows, Arsenal have rested players as well.

I wouldnt look to much into it tbh. I think Martins will be here next season

Guest TheOrder

Sold - hopefully.

Daft.

Top attitude, still only 22 years of age, and 17 goals in his first season.

Crikey.

He's just rested.  And its another oppertunity for Shola and Owen to get 90 minutes.  If one gets taken off it gives Carroll another confidence run-out.

We've got nothing to play for.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Rested for what? Our game in mid-week? Doesn't add up if he's not carrying an injury.  :undecided:

Guest johnson293

This morning Journal sheds some light on Martins' absence...

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=united-close-in-on-%2Dpound%2D10m-boss%26method=full%26objectid=19099375%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Meanwhile, Newcastle caretaker-manager Nigel Pearson has criticised the attitudes of N'Zogbia and Martins after the pair missed the trip to Watford yesterday.

The Journal understands that Martins had been told on Saturday morning that he was only going to be among the substitutes at Vicarage Road as Shola Ameobi was going to start the game.

The Nigerian international made his feelings known and later declared himself unfit to travel because of a knee injury. Pearson chose his words carefully, but he was clearly incensed by his attitude which has arguably been in question for several weeks. Glenn Roeder's former assistant manager also had problems with N'Zogbia after the young Frenchman reacted angrily to the news that he was also only going to be on the bench yesterday.

N'Zogbia was seen leaving the stadium before kick-off and, although he later returned, Pearson revealed he had not behaved well.

"Oba declared himself unfit on Saturday. He reported a knee injury," said an unimpressed Pearson. "Charles was in the squad. He was on the bench originally, but I changed it and brought in Paul Huntington.

"I changed it because he (N'Zogbia) didn't really want to be there. All I will say is that it's very important that everybody associated with the club acts in a professional manner. Will he be disciplined? That's for next week, I don't want to add anything at this stage. I've got no idea if he stayed at the ground to watch the game. You can make your own judgements on that."

Thomson house now trying to force Oba out, or another with an 'attitude problem'??

MJ

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=united-close-in-on-%2Dpound%2D10m-boss%26method=full%26objectid=19099375%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Pearson chose his words carefully, but he was clearly incensed by his attitude which has arguably been in question for several weeks.

"Oba declared himself unfit on Saturday. He reported a knee injury," said an unimpressed Pearson.

Wow, he sounds livid.

This morning Journal sheds some light on Martins' absence...

Meanwhile, Newcastle caretaker-manager Nigel Pearson has criticised the attitudes of N'Zogbia and Martins after the pair missed the trip to Watford yesterday.

The Journal understands that Martins had been told on Saturday morning that he was only going to be among the substitutes at Vicarage Road as Shola Ameobi was going to start the game.

The Nigerian international made his feelings known and later declared himself unfit to travel because of a knee injury. Pearson chose his words carefully, but he was clearly incensed by his attitude which has arguably been in question for several weeks. Glenn Roeder's former assistant manager also had problems with N'Zogbia after the young Frenchman reacted angrily to the news that he was also only going to be on the bench yesterday.

N'Zogbia was seen leaving the stadium before kick-off and, although he later returned, Pearson revealed he had not behaved well.

"Oba declared himself unfit on Saturday. He reported a knee injury," said an unimpressed Pearson. "Charles was in the squad. He was on the bench originally, but I changed it and brought in Paul Huntington.

"I changed it because he (N'Zogbia) didn't really want to be there. All I will say is that it's very important that everybody associated with the club acts in a professional manner. Will he be disciplined? That's for next week, I don't want to add anything at this stage. I've got no idea if he stayed at the ground to watch the game. You can make your own judgements on that."

Thomson house now trying to force Oba out, or another with an 'attitude problem'??

MJ

After all that premature boasting about what he and Michael Owen were going to do, this was an accident waiting to happen. Oba hasn't been playing well enough to consider himself an automatic choice.

The rubbish that the Chron/Journal print as actual fact is ridiculous, and I feel sorry for anyone who uses that as their main source of information about the club.

Sold - hopefully.

Daft.

Top attitude, still only 22 years of age, and 17 goals in his first season.

Crikey.

Too right, the rubbish the Chron/Journal come out with as if it's fact is scary, and I feel sorry for anyone who takes their word for things that are going on at the club.

Also, Pearson could well just be pissed off with the general failure this season, the sacking of the guy who employed him - and also his (possibly) impending receipt of his P45 under a new manager.