Oba: dropped, rested or AWOL?

STM

If true, Oliver will be loving this.

Fodder for years no matter what happens next. I can see the back page in May 2009................

"and Martins who has converted 35 goals this season, mainly thanks to the sublime passes and creative genius of selfless stars such as Dyer and Ameobi, will never be considered a true number 9 on Tyneside due to his disagreement with some big nosed fella United used to have as part of their effective backroom staff, alongside the charismatic and much missed McDermott.

My sources tell me he'll be off in the summer and after a pitiful return of 72 goals in two seasons, frankly, it's about time."

If true, Oliver will be loving this.

Fodder for years no matter what happens next. I can see the back page in May 2009................

"and Martins who has converted 35 goals this season, mainly thanks to the sublime passes and creative genius of selfless stars such as Dyer and Ameobi, will never be considered as true number 9 on Tyneside due to his disagreement with some big nosed fella United used to have as part of their effective backroom staff, alongside the charismatic McDermott.

My sources tell me he'll be off in the summer and after a pitiful return of 72 goals in two seasons, frankly, it's about time."

Aye, Anal woke up with a stiffy this morning knowing how much he can slag off Martins, but if Martins has brought it on himself then he deserves it and deserves a big fine along with N'Zogbia, and both should be made to return next season early as more punishment.

'Martins has gone missing in a country your nan could negotiate blindfolded, Geordie-boy Lee Clark confirmed to me last night. Ray Ranson called me to say he'd not seen the player.'

So that makes it N'Zogbia AND Martins who refused to play for Pearson :lol:

I have a feeling he was the man in charge the whole time..

Edit: I wonder who was the last player to  fake injury because he was told he will be on the bench  :rolleyes:

'Martins has gone missing in a country your nan could negotiate blindfolded, Geordie-boy Lee Clark confirmed to me last night. Ray Ranson called me to say he'd not seen the player.'

'That said, he won't be a loss as footballs worst kept secret, Steve Sidwell, can also play up front alongside the ever-reliable Brett Emerton'

Guest Gemmill

Oh well, he's not that good anyway.  If we can get our money back for him, we'll have done well. 

I bet Anal shot his muck half way through wrtiting this story.

Anal has long since became a parody of himself

Guest WalkervilleMag

I think Anal Oliver is still a member of the Klu Klux Clan, i doubt he will be happy until Martins is burned to death on a cross. :-0

Guest Morph

Can't believe some of you don't know what AWOL stands for!

Neways, best thing for the club, if his attitue stinks, then ship him out for 10 mil, he's dog shite anyways.  Should be enough for big Sam to bring in someone who can score goals.

Can't believe some of you don't know what AWOL stands for!

Neways, best thing for the club, if his attitue stinks, then ship him out for 10 mil, he's dog s**** anyways.  Should be enough for big Sam to bring in someone who can score goals.

I have not known what it exactly means, but when i read about a player going awol i know what has happened.

But it's not that easy for everyone, especially if your'e not from England...Do you know what FITTA means for example?

I think Valencia mst be looking like a good option to him now..

http://allafrica.com/stories/200705090092.html

Nigeria Daily Champion (Lagos):

Obafemi Ponders Newcastle Future

9 May 2007

Posted to the web 9 May 2007

Lagos

Super Eagles striker, Obafemi Martins is at cross roads following the resignation of the coach that brought him to Newcastle.

Glenn Roeder threw in the towel after winning one game in ten outings with the Magpies. And his resignation was accepted by Freddy Shepard, Newcastle chairman who is striving hard to bring former Bolton boss Sam Allardyce to St James' Park.

Africa 2007

Sources close to Martins said the striker is preparing his mind for eventualities, in case the new clime in Newcastle does not favour him.

Valencia of Spain last week reportedly made a 13 million pounds offer for Martins, but Roeder scoffed at suggestions that Martins with 16 goals this season for Newcastle will consider a move to Spain.

Martins himself pledged to stay in the Premiership, but he could be tempted to take the Valencia option if things do look bright enough for him.

Guest Toon83

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=awol-%2D-martins-goes-missing%26method=full%26objectid=19101221%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

AWOL - Martins goes missing

May 14 2007

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Obafemi Martins

Newcastle United's £10m man Obafemi Martins walked out on the club yesterday, putting his future at St James' Park in doubt.

And to add to United's misery, caretaker manager Nigel Pearson was forced to remove French midfielder Charles N'Zogbia from the subs' bench for the game at Watford during the pre-match team meeting in their Hertfordshire hotel.

Now United will be even more determined to push through the appointment of Sam Allardyce because it will take a manager of his standing to sort out the mess at St James' Park.

United flew back to Tyneside last night after their 1-1 draw with Watford without Martins. But N'Zogbia travelled back with the team group and at least had the good grace to look sheepish after his tantrum.

A United source told me today: "When the team reported on Saturday for training, Oba Martins declared himself unfit, even though the medical people could find nothing wrong with him.

"He did not want to travel, but Nigel Pearson and Lee Clark, who were in charge of the team, told him he had to get on the plane and that he would have to undergo a fitness test at Watford yesterday morning.

"On Sunday morning he did not have a fitness test but declared himself unfit. He said that he had no intention of going to Vicarage Road, even though he was ordered to by the coaches as he was still a member of the squad and everyone should stick together.

"As a result, Martins did not go to Vicarage Road. He did not fly back with the team and at this moment in time nobody knows where he is."

While all this was going on with Martins, N'Zogbia was infuriating senior members of the United team with his behaviour.

The source added: "In the team meeting, while Nigel Pearson and Lee Clark were going over tactics, N'Zogbia was texting on his mobile phone.

"Some of the senior palyers were furious, and as a result N'Zogbia was removed from the substitutes' bench."

In my view, N'Zogbia has contributed very little to United this season, and Glenn Roeder substituted him at half-time in the recent defeat at Portsmouth because of his attitude.

Martins has scored 17 goals in his first season for United, some of them truly fantastic, but in the nine games since the UEFA Cup defeat by AZ Alkmaar in Holland, he has only managed one.

In the first leg at St James' Park he scored twice and had a blinder, but he refused to go to the sponsors' lounge and accept his man of the match trophy. As a result, United have now implemented a rule that any player not meeting the sponsors - who pour millions of pounds into the club - will be fined a fortnight's wages.

Despite having some truly great professionals at the club like Shay Given, Steve Harper, Nicky Butt and youngsters Steven Taylor, James Milner and Peter Ramage, there is no doubt that morale and discipline has been lacking from some players in the latter part of the season.

Earlier in the season, Nobby Solano and Albert Luque had been ordered by Roeder to board the team bus going to Middlesbrough after they found out they were not in the manager's starting line-up.

In addition, Craig Moore has been conspicuous by his absence lately because United felt he was spending too much time in Glasgow.

And what about Kieron Dyer? His lack of celebration when he scored yesterday gave fans I have spoken to the impression that he could be on his way out of St James' Park in the summer.

And, in my opinion, so too will Michael Owen.

On the N'Zogbia situation, caretaker manager Nigel Pearson said: "He was on the bench originally, but I changed it. Charles did not really want to be there (on the bench).

"I have no idea whether he stayed at the ground to watch the game.

"You can make your own judgements about it, but it is very important that everyone associated with the club acts in a professional manner.

"Will there be disciplinary action taken? That is something for the coming week."

WTF is up with Newcastle United these days, Martins AWOL, N'Zogbia dropped then walks out, Big Sam needs to ship out all of these prima donna's