Sir Alex Ferguson

Guest kingdawson

Guys, Man United supporter here. I registered just to say that I am really sorry about Fergies comments. And most fans I know are quite embarrassed by them. I would have supported him if he had just aimed his tirade at Pardew; but calling your cub 'wee little' was totally unacceptable. Whats more, most united fans agree that Newcastle are anything but a small club, rather you are a fantastic club with a rich history. And even if it had been another small club, the comments were still way out of order. If tomorrow someone at Real Madrid or Barca were to call us 'small time' , I would be absolutely seething. So I can well imagine your consternation. I know it won't set it right, but I would like to apologize; I and most other united fans are not with fergie on this.

Very galant of you sir.

Guys, Man United supporter here. I registered just to say that I am really sorry about Fergies comments. And most fans I know are quite embarrassed by them. I would have supported him if he had just aimed his tirade at Pardew; but calling your cub 'wee little' was totally unacceptable. Whats more, most united fans agree that Newcastle are anything but a small club, rather you are a fantastic club with a rich history. And even if it had been another small club, the comments were still way out of order. If tomorrow someone at Real Madrid or Barca were to call us 'small time' , I would be absolutely seething. So I can well imagine your consternation. I know it won't set it right, but I would like to apologize; I and most other united fans are not with fergie on this.

From what I've read I doubt most Man Utd fans agree but thanks any way.

Ferguson is correct to say Pardew should be careful when criticising other managers' behaviour towards officials after pushing one himself. @philmcnulty 1 hour ago

And Ferguson will know as well as anyone else that to describe Newcastle United as "a wee club in the north east" is total nonsense. @philmcnulty 2 hours ago

Difference being Pardew apologised immediately - albeit in a jovial Paul-Scholes-is-a-scamp-for-fouling-opposition type way.

Can't believe I'm defending Pardew.  :(

:thup: Fair enough, but not all of your lot see anything wrong with what he has said. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts though.

I really want a huge managerial war to begin :lol: Pardew would get some respect from me if he fights back but maybe the right thing is to stay quiet.

Ferguson truly is a vile cretin, he needs moving to the old folks home. In this country he has become untouchable, a creature with his own set of rules. Can't wait for the prick to retire.

Absolutely senile comments. For a start off, Pardew never directly mentioned Ferguson, and back when he pushed the ref - he never made a joke out of it.  To continue berating the club itself is just mental.

I can imagine the thing that will annoy me the most is the media coverage of this and support he's bound to get from other managers.

Guest Stoned Moses

Another Man United fand here, and seething myself after seeing your snivelling post pixel. You don't speak for most other United fans so apologize by all means but don't make up rubbish like all Man United fans aren't with Fergie on this.

If you care to go onto Red Issue (Man United forum) for example you'll see most fans on there are applauding Fergie for giving it back to Pardew after his hypoctrical comments about referees.

I think the point Fergie was making was that if it was a manager of a different club with a smaller profile (Newcastle, Sunderland or whoever) then there wouldn't be all the national mock outrage and days and days of talking hypocritical shite about it on the radio, in the papers etc.

Another Man United fand here, and seething myself after seeing your snivelling post pixel. You don't speak for most other United fans so apologize by all means but don't make up rubbish like all Man United fans aren't with Fergie on this.

If you care to go onto Red Issue (Man United forum) for example you'll see most fans on there are applauding Fergie for giving it back to Pardew after his hypoctrical comments about referees.

I think the point Fergie was making was that if it was a manager of a different club with a smaller profile (Newcastle, Sunderland or whoever) then there wouldn't be all the national mock outrage and days and days of talking hypocritical shite about it on the radio, in the papers etc.

:slap:

Domestic feud on foreign soil. This sounds like it'll be absolutely fascinating, not.