Juventus

CPL

Why people are happy to see such cheating scum doing well, I don't understand.

And to think I used to really like them.

Well I have always liked Juve and still do. It was 4 or 5 people of the board that cheated. The players, the coach, the fans new nothing about what was going on and I have so much sympathy for all of them Its not there fault what so ever and yet there the ones which get the s*** for it.

4 or 5 people have cheated? man, this club is rotten to the core - they've paid for at least 20 of their titles over the years.. others do it too, cause that's the italian way, but juventus are consistent and that's why they don't really have any fans in italy, only abroad

To be fair almost every single italian league match was fixed over the last 10-15 years, they just caught Juve because they were heading on the road to be an unstopable force in Italy,i remember most of Milan's games were full of decsions made for them,the whole league was rotten to the core not just Juve , but they were used as scape goats.

Guest gggg

cause that's the italian way, but juventus are consistent and that's why they don't really have any fans in italy, only abroad

Juventus have the biggest fanbase of any Italian club inside and outside of Italy, the only place  they dont have many fans is in Turin and the ground being in the mountains doesnt help fill the stadium.

To be fair almost every single italian league match was fixed over the last 10-15 years, they just caught Juve because they were heading on the road to be an unstopable force in Italy,i remember most of Milan's games were full of decsions made for them,the whole league was rotten to the core not just Juve , but they were used as scape goats.

Agree with you.

The main blame is for the people on the Juventus board not the players,fans and coaches.

The italian league is the most corrupted from the big leagues(Premiership,Primera,Bundesliga,French league) and all the teams have cheated some way or another.Juventus got the blame because they cheated on the highest level.

• 8 years later...

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2016/5/19/the-great-and-the-controversial-serie-a-1997-1998

Couldn't think of where else to put this but that match against Inter is the most obvious example of refereeing corruption of any match that I've watched.

Cracking read though.

I remember following Serie A quite closely at the times, supporting Inter. I knew in my heart that it was more than just a disgruntled fan blaming the ref for a few dodgy calls.

Calciopoli killed any interest in Italian football for me. Inter might have one a few virtually unopposed, but it was so hollow...

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2016/5/19/the-great-and-the-controversial-serie-a-1997-1998

Couldn't think of where else to put this but that match against Inter is the most obvious example of refereeing corruption of any match that I've watched.

Cracking read though.

I remember following Serie A quite closely at the times, supporting Inter. I knew in my heart that it was more than just a disgruntled fan blaming the ref for a few dodgy calls.

Calciopoli killed any interest in Italian football for me. Inter might have one a few virtually unopposed, but it was so hollow...

Always been Parma for me, quite ironic really with this thread...unbeaten season in Serie D this year though.

Guest firetotheworks

Cracking read though.

Brilliant read, that. Brought back a lot of memories. The quality in that league at the time was insane.

Recoba, Bierhoff, Baggio, Cafu, Del Piero, Ronaldo, Zidane. :fwap:

The contentious incident reminds me of NUFC's Gravesen moment against Everton :lol: with much lower stakes obviously

Great article though, cheers.

Great article - followed Serie A back then through countless hours of reading match reports online and catching the odd game when our random channels here in the USA would cover it. Was a Milan fan then and basically followed Maldini like I did Shearer at that point.

Recoba, Bierhoff, Baggio, Cafu, Del Piero, Ronaldo, Zidane. :fwap:

The contentious incident reminds me of NUFC's Gravesen moment against Everton :lol: with much lower stakes obviously

Great article though, cheers.

Dario Hubner ffs. Need to start following Serie A again.

It's funny at the end of that article he talks about the two best players getting 66 goals between them when nowadays Messi and Ronaldo get that themselves half the time and Suarez, Neymar etc. rack up 40 or whatever.

Well Italian back then was far harder to score in than the Spanish league of today tbf. Ronaldo also scored 34 league goals in 37 games in his only season in La Liga back then as a 20 year old.

Guest firetotheworks

'90s Italian matches were almost always low-scoring games iirc, the defences were absolutely nails to break down.

'90s Italian matches were almost always low-scoring games iirc, the defences were absolutely nails to break down.

Thou shalt not pass.

http://s44.radikal.ru/i105/0907/ee/01fead19c971.jpg

How come this never gets discussed? I obviously feel for those at Hillsborough but it's shocking how this gets totally forgotten about. The fire at Bradford too. I guess there was more controversy with Hillsborough like...

How come this never gets discussed? I obviously feel for those at Hillsborough but it's shocking how this gets totally forgotten about. The fire at Bradford too. I guess there was more controversy with Hillsborough like...

Because there wasn't a massive cover up and it didn't take years for them to get to the truth.