Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

£40m and we're bringing in dogshit like Viduka and Barton

two good signings if you ask me.

if we get ben haim it will be a great start.

still think we need to sign a big name to signal our intentions

two good signings if you ask me.

if we get ben haim it will be a great start.

still think we need to sign a big name to signal our intentions

Baines, Ben Haim, Barton, Viduka & Boateng for about £11m is a great start.

£30m on top of that would be magic, if were wanting more then anothe CB a top-class RB and a right winger would all that would be needed really, unless we spend a big part of it on a playmaker while selling Dyer & Emre.

I'm a big fan of Viduka,... but Barton! What is he good at??? He's a grafter, that's it, and we would never have heard of him if he was foreign.

Reo-Coker on his way to Villa apparently.

Everyone's a winner.  :celb:

Will probably become the player we all thought he was going to be, then again, he could just fall into the pits of football hell which is Aston Villa. If there is one team worse than us for killing off careers its them.

By STEVE BRENNER

June 01, 2007

NIGEL REO-COKER has begged Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce to end his West Ham nightmare.

Reo-Coker is desperate to quit Upton Park and would love the chance to link up with Allardyce at St James’ Park.

Big Sam, who continues to track Manchester City bad-boy Joey Barton, tried to land the England Under-21 skipper for Bolton last season but Hammers boss Alan Curbishley refused to let him go.

Now, with Scott Parker on his way to East London, Reo-Coker wants a chance to fill the void.

New Trotters boss Sammy Lee continues to keep tabs on the midfielder, 23, who is available for around £8million.

His agent Tony Finnegan said: “Sam Allardyce knows how to get in contact with Nigel and we would welcome a call.

“If Sam said he wanted to speak, Nigel would be on the train in a shot. It would be very interesting to see what his plans are for Newcastle.”

Meanwhile, Mike Ashley’s Toon takeover moved a step closer last night when the club’s board agreed to consider his offer.

A statement released to the Stock Exchange said: “The board of Newcastle United announces that there was a meeting with Mike Ashley and his team at which there was a useful and constructive discussion.

“The board will now consider its response to the offer from St James Holdings Ltd.”

Ashley owns a 41.6 per cent stake in the club after buying Sir John Hall’s shares. He will release a statement to shareholders next week detailing his vision for Newcastle.

Stock Exchange rules say the 43-year-old must submit a formal takeover bid.

He is hopeful of further progress by the end of next week.

WEST HAM will make Scott Parker the highest-paid player in their history after agreeing a £7million deal with Newcastle.

The England midfielder will earn substantially more than the £72,000 per week the Hammers are paying their highest earner, Aussie defender Lucas Neill

Parker, 26, is currently on a family holiday in Portugal but is expected in London for a medical next week.

Tottenham made an inquiry about Parker but were blown out of the water by West Ham’s wage offer.

He was already pulling in upwards of £60,000 at Newcastle after making the £6.5m switch from Chelsea in 2005.

Hammers chief Eggert Magnusson shelled out massive salaries to capture Neill, Matthew Upson and Luis Boa Morte in January.

That Eggybertsen bloke is an idiot, apparently Benayouns new contract is worth 60k a week aswell. They're a mini Chelsea and will never break even. Madness.

At least Chelsea pay it for good players.

£72,000 for Lucas Neill ffs, "considerably more" for Parker. At those rates, I could get a couple of grand a week down there myself.

WEST HAM will make Scott Parker the highest-paid player in their history after agreeing a £7million deal with Newcastle.

The England midfielder will earn substantially more than the £72,000 per week the Hammers are paying their highest earner, Aussie defender Lucas Neill

Parker, 26, is currently on a family holiday in Portugal but is expected in London for a medical next week.

Tottenham made an inquiry about Parker but were blown out of the water by West Ham’s wage offer.

He was already pulling in upwards of £60,000 at Newcastle after making the £6.5m switch from Chelsea in 2005.

Hammers chief Eggert Magnusson shelled out massive salaries to capture Neill, Matthew Upson and Luis Boa Morte in January.

You sure it wasn't written by a Spurs fan? That's their usual excuse when a player turns them down.

Guest TheOrder

Its from The Sun. It looks like he'll be on about £80,000 a week then. greedy cunt  :lol:

fyp

That Eggybertsen bloke is an idiot, apparently Benayouns new contract is worth 60k a week aswell. They're a mini Chelsea and will never break even. Madness.

£72,000 for Lucas Neill ffs, "considerably more" for Parker. At those rates, I could get a couple of grand a week down there myself.

What the fuck?

Is that true? £72,000? Has the world gone fucking crazy?? Struggling to take that one in, not doubting you for a second mind.

What the fuck?

Is that true?  £72,000?  Has the world gone fucking crazy??  Struggling to take that one in, not doubting you for a second mind.

See the article Leazes1986 put up. Not sure where it's from mind, wouldn't surprise me though, given that Neill turned down Liverpool to go to West Ham who looked dead and buried at the time.

The club's two most significant departures of the last two years in back-to-front order , for the better.

*The potential departure of Parker, and for a profit if reports are to be believed.

*.... and that of the useless shitehead who in one of his many crimes of incompetancy committed against the club convinced the board to shell out an over-the-odds 6.5m + 50k plus a week wage package in order to secure the player in question when Everton were striving to nab Parker's services.

and then Neill had the balls to come out and say he chose West Ham over Liverpool purely for football reason and not financial. load of sweaty elephants bollox.

Guest alex

Some of the stick Parker gets is unbelievable imo. Quite happy for him to go for £7million though. Butt is a better DM and the money could be better spent elsewhere.

on paper Parker's a quality player, but it's evident that his hearts not in it when he plays for Newcastle.

if he wants to return to London (though christ knows why, i live there and it's shite) then let him. Newcastle pockets £7-8.5 mill and the reconstruction of the side continues. just wish they start buying bloody defenders

Barton is a significantly better player going forward in this overhyped box-to-box role, partly because hes not been messed around like Parker has. Signed after a purple patch for Charlton when he was scoring the odd goal, converted into the next Makelele and taught to sit back, then asked to be the next Gerrard and having to constantly get into the opposition's box - all resulting in the next Jenas, ie a player who plays like he doesnt know what his role is.

This will be a great deal if we make a million or two in the process and replace an underperforming, overrated, newly re-converted box-to-box player with someone more natural at that specific role.

Guest Anders Rye

Just imagine how much they would have to pay tevez to stay then, Lucas Neil £72,000, Tevez £2,0000000000000000!