Chelsea sign Ben Haim on 4 year deal - SSN

Dave

Try telling a lot of people on here that.

There are still a lot of us who cannot quite grasp the enormity of what the Ashley takeover means, for both 'now' and for 'the future'.

My opinion though is that appointing Allardyce alone has taken us to the top 10 again, that's before his transfer dealings. I have confidence that he'll get the right men in and we'll finish close to Spurs & Everton at the very least.

Yes, that is what I also felt, when Allerdyce was appointed - pre takeover.

Now, though, it will logically be far better than that!  (?)

My 'objective' would be Top 8. But if we finish ninth or tenth with obvious improvement, i'll be happy enough.

Hmm, I dunno. My prediction is that next season we'll have the 5th best team on paper. I'd therefore accept Everton & Spurs finishing above us because they've been together longer and will strengthen themselves anyway, and finishing 7th would allow for our dropped points while the team gels. Finishing any lower however, and it means a number of our players who performed this season will have under-performed, as well as some of his signings. I don't think this will happen. Allardyce is the best English manager and he'll have no problem getting 7th. 8th HAS to be the very very minimum allowing for someone like Blackburn or Villa as well. Any lower than this though won't have been good enough.

Haha sorry about that.

Allardyce said "the lure of chelsea seems to have been to much for ben haim", he also said "he's sad that he doesn't get to work with him".

Basically his way of saying he has made his mind up.

Source SSN.

Could see us going back in for Campbell now.

Was about to mention almost the same thing... but was gonna say Hyypia. I'd rather have Campbell but wouldn't sniff at Hyypia in any way whatsoever!

Get in Geremi at right-back/defensive midfielder, Campbell/Hyypia & Rozehnal at centre-back, and a left-back. Would be satisfied with that.

Spot on for me. Great idea with Geremi too. We need versitile players to plug the gaps and he has an excellent set piece on him too.

Play him as first choice right back and when butt gets injured/tired we play nobby at right back.

Could see us going back in for Campbell now.

Was about to mention almost the same thing... but was gonna say Hyypia. I'd rather have Campbell but wouldn't sniff at Hyypia in any way whatsoever!

Don't think Hyypia wants to move from Liverpool tbh

Get in Geremi at right-back/defensive midfielder, Campbell/Hyypia & Rozehnal at centre-back, and a left-back. Would be satisfied with that.

Spot on for me. Great idea with Geremi too. We need versitile players to plug the gaps and he has an excellent set piece on him too.

If we play him as first choice right back and when butt gets injured/tired we play nobby at right back.

Fuck off... that was my idea! :lol:

If we play him as first choice right back and when butt gets injured/tired we play nobby at right back.

f*** off... that was my idea! :lol:

Depends whether you mean the Versitility part or signing him because I lay claim to the signing of him from about two seasons ago.

It was about june 27th at 1.32pm approx.

Depends whether you mean the Versitility part or signing him because I lay claim to the signing of him from about two seasons ago.

:lol: I've been going on about him for about a week, but i've always really liked him. Cos we're in need of one right-back and one right-mid. Plus, as has been said, he can fill in as a defensive mid aswell. And he's better than Chimbonda.

:lol: I've been going on about him for about a week, but i've always really liked him. Cos we're in need of one right-back and one right-mid. Plus, as has been said, he can fill in as a defensive mid aswell. And he's better than Chimbonda.

Absolutley. Speaking of Chimbonda, if Chelsea do sign him then i see no reason why Geremi wouldn't be available. As we know Chelsea don't exactly ask for big prices. I think we could get him for a couple of million easily.