Chelsea sign Ben Haim on 4 year deal - SSN

Dave

Lets face it unless your John Terry, Rio or Woodgate you risk ruining your career in Newcastles back four. If I was a cb I wouldn`t sign for us unless we had already bought an LB and RB.  I think he made the right choice.

Lets face it unless your John Terry, Rio or Woodgate you risk ruining your career in Newcastles back four. If I was a cb I wouldn`t sign for us unless we had already bought an LB and RB.  I think he made the right choice.

I thought our first choice right-back by the end of last season was one of our better performers.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Lets face it unless your John Terry, Rio or Woodgate you risk ruining your career in Newcastles back four. If I was a cb I wouldn`t sign for us unless we had already bought an LB and RB.  I think he made the right choice.

are you aving a laugh? Is he aving a laugh???

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Lets face it unless your John Terry, Rio or Woodgate you risk ruining your career in Newcastles back four. If I was a cb I wouldn`t sign for us unless we had already bought an LB and RB.  I think he made the right choice.

I thought our first choice right-back by the end of last season was one of our better performers.

top 3 definately

I think without Bramble and with Sam at the helm we're a different proposition entirely. Also, you're more likely to ruin your career by warming the bench for a season and going off the radar completely IMO.

Perpetuating a myth, mate.  Why wouldn't we get in a CB, then sort out the RB/LB positions? 

No no , I`m trying to think of the last CB that we brought in that actually developed into a better CB after his time with us. Or that ended up as transfer speculation for a bigger club.  Woodgate doesn`t count because he was class before he came to us and was an injury mess after he left us.

If you were a player on the up and had a choice between us and Chelsea you would pick Chelsea knowing your chance with us wasn`t ruined because we take Chelsea rejects after anyway.

No no , I`m trying to think of the last CB that we brought in that actually developed into a better CB after his time with us. Or that ended up as transfer speculation for a bigger club.  Woodgate doesn`t count because he was class before he came to us and was an injury mess after he left us.

If you were a player on the up and had a choice between us and Chelsea you would pick Chelsea knowing your chance with us wasn`t ruined because we take Chelsea rejects after anyway.

blueyes.gif  Ben Haim has the quality to oust Carvalho.  Terry isn't going anywhere, but I suppose he'll (Ben Haim) be on the bench until there is an injury.  It'll be interesting to see how Sidwell and Haim fit into the mix. 

Would have been a cracking signing for nowt. :(

Oh well, we move on. :thup:

as i have said before at least SA doesnt appear to be an "all eggs in one basket" sort of manager like the previous two loosing someone on a free is always a blow seen as he knew the lad and he was only 25 but there you go we lost out go back to him next year buy him for a million when he has spent a season on the bench

Guest sicko2ndbest

I would have loved TBH here but only because he represented fantastic value on a free transfer.

Big Sam know that we are only off the Top 4 because of how we defend so he will plough most of his budget in this area

Shorey

Campbell

Hyypia

Beye

??

??

All for about 10-12 million giving us a back line of

Beye/Solano             Taylor/Campbell/Hyypia/??                Shorey/??

Already 100 times better than last year.

I have said Campbell because i still think there is someway to go with this story as he wants to play for us and Big Sam is a big admirer

Guest Toon83

this news just shows that Ben-Haim is all about the money and nothing else, he worked with Big Sam for 3-4 years, and they knew each other inside out and we could guarentee first team football, now he has gone to Chelsea with next to no chance of first team football, well good luck to him.

Dont worry Big Sam will have a back up plan, maybe Rozehnal or Beye/Campbell/Hyypia/Davies, it will be interesting to see how many games Sidwell and Ben Haim get between them

Silly lads just ruined his carear IMO...  Like someone else said, its a shame due to the fact he was free.  But its not like he was the best defender we could possibly sign, so lets see who comes in next.

this news just shows that Ben-Haim is all about the money and nothing else, he worked with Big Sam for 3-4 years, and they knew each other inside out and we could guarentee first team football, now he has gone to Chelsea with next to no chance of first team football, well good luck to him.

Perhaps he doesn't like Allardyce.

this news just shows that Ben-Haim is all about the money and nothing else

Rubbish. It's not like money is all Chelsea have over us at the moment. CL football, a real chance to actually win something, an extraordinary manager, etc. He will have talked to Mourinho or other Chelsea representatives and obviously feels he will be involved in the first team sufficiently. I think this type of comment is very much sour grapes and well strange considering money is what we usually throw in our transfer targets' faces in abundance to compete with potentially more attractive clubs careerwise..

Guest Triglett

Dont worry Big Sam will have a back up plan, maybe Rozehnal or Beye/Campbell/Hyypia/Davies, it will be interesting to see how many games Sidwell and Ben Haim get between them

Maybe because he's come from absolutely nowhere and has the chance of winning things?

We we can't be too bitter about the judas cunt selling out to the scum, we must move on and find better, he was no better than Titus, we are supposed to be aiming higher.