Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

How many goalkeepers with one year left on their contract go for 8m?

I'd be equally happy with Jaaskelainen, tbh, but that'd be at 1-2m.

Yes but you're desperate! The only way that Jaaskaleinen is going to sign for a bunch of under-achievers like Villa, is if you offer stupid money for him and judging by the £4M you've spent on Harewooden, Martin O'Neill is obviously not averse to spending stupid money on players!

Yes, what could possibly attract Jaaskelainen to a club like Villa ..... the chance to work with one of the best managers in the game, talented footballers alongside him. Perhaps we'll take him to the trophy room and show him the history of the club, where maybe he'll notice the European Cup, seven league titles and seven FA Cups.

Alternatively, he might prefer playing in the footballing equivalent of a multiplex cinema, with the cringeing sight of people running up and down with flags and the sound of music when you score, safe in the knowledge that he'll be in the Championship next season.

Still, you've always got Jloyd and McCann, muhahahahaaaaaa!

How many goalkeepers with one year left on their contract go for 8m?

I'd be equally happy with Jaaskelainen, tbh, but that'd be at 1-2m.

Yes but you're desperate! The only way that Jaaskaleinen is going to sign for a bunch of under-achievers like Villa, is if you offer stupid money for him and judging by the £4M you've spent on Harewooden, Martin O'Neill is obviously not averse to spending stupid money on players!

Yes, what could possibly attract Jaaskelainen to a club like Villa ..... the chance to work with one of the best managers in the game, talented footballers alongside him. Perhaps we'll take him to the trophy room and show him the history of the club, where maybe he'll notice the European Cup, seven league titles and seven FA Cups.

Alternatively, he might prefer playing in the footballing equivalent of a multiplex cinema, with the cringeing sight of people running up and down with flags and the sound of music when you score, safe in the knowledge that he'll be in the Championship next season.

Still, you've always got Jloyd and McCann, muhahahahaaaaaa!

Not sure how much they'll be seeing that this season.

Guest trotter58

Yes, what could possibly attract Jaaskelainen to a club like Villa ..... the chance to work with one of the best managers in the game, talented footballers alongside him.

Villa have signed some talented footballers?! When did this happen?!

Yes, what could possibly attract Jaaskelainen to a club like Villa ..... the chance to work with one of the best managers in the game, talented footballers alongside him.

I think it is fair to say that Ashley Young, John Carew, Gareth Barry, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Luke Moore, Nigel Reo-Coker, Shaun Maloney, Wilfred Bouma and Stiliyan Petrov are talented footballers.

Or wouldn't they get a look in at the Reebok?

They'd better get their skates on.

:lol: In a list of how many?

MON isn't one of the best managers in the game at the moment? Hmmm.

Guest trotter58

I think it is fair to say that Ashley Young, John Carew, Gareth Barry, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Luke Moore, Nigel Reo-Coker, Shaun Maloney, Wilfred Bouma and Stiliyan Petrov are talented footballers.

All those talented players and 'one of the best managers in the game' and still you achieved f**k all last season! Go figure.

All those talented players and 'one of the best managers in the game' and still you achieved f**k all last season! Go figure.

They didn't have Reo-Coker last season.

They didn't have Reo-Coker last season.

:laugh:

I don't think so myself, mate.

No, he isnt

No, he isnt

I'd have him over Moyes, but Sam over the pair.

Guest GIRUY

other than Ferguson,?I reckon they're probably the best three british managers going.Big Sam being the best obviously!  O0

Aye but one of the best in the game? what exactly has he achieved? a good spell at Leicester, then he went to a shit league to manage the best team in it and won alot of silverware. Then he went to Villa and were did they finish last season? To say he is one of the best in world football is wrong on so many levels.

No, he isnt

He is, i think people think because Villa didn't qualify for europe in his first season, he's lost it. It would have been silly to think Villa could have achieved anything more than a top half finish, we'll see Villa pushing for europe on a regular basis in years to come imo.

Well if he does ill change my opinion, but if we put together a list of the top 20 managers in WORLD football, would he be in it?

He'd be in mine.  That was a bloody awful team he inherited at Villa.  To turn it around for a top half finish is quality work. 

Guest trotter58

Aye but one of the best in the game? what exactly has he achieved? a good spell at Ipswich, then he went to a s*** league to manage the best team in it and won alot of silverware. Then he went to Villa and were did they finish last season? To say he is one of the best in world football is wrong on so many levels.

Not as wrong as thinking he was manager of Ipswich!

Aye but one of the best in the game? what exactly has he achieved? a good spell at Ipswich, then he went to a s*** league to manage the best team in it and won alot of silverware. Then he went to Villa and were did they finish last season? To say he is one of the best in world football is wrong on so many levels.

Leicester

He's still getting his shit together, they did ok last season and I expect the same from us this season basically. He's beginning to get a good squad together, young aswell that could do very well this season imo. Top 20 in the world though? Pushing it.