Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Guest trotter58

Actually, I've just remembered, things could be worse. We could still have that pointless, clogging waste of organs Gavin McCann polluting our midfield, or Jloyd "Stroppy Teenager" Samuel flouncing around thinking he's Roberto Carlos.

Yes better to have Nigel Reo-Coker sulking about having to play for you instead of Arsenal.

or Jloyd "Stroppy Teenager" Samuel flouncing around thinking he's Roberto Carlos.

Yes better to have Nigel Reo-Coker sulking about having to play for you instead of Arsenal.

Nigel 'England U21 Captain' Reo-Coker, that one you mean? Seemed quite happy to join for us, as it happened. Looked excellent on Saturday and in pre-season, played that holding midfield role excellently, kept the game flowing, allowed Petrov to get forward.

Much better than that useless idiot who tried playing that role last year ... what was his name again?

I'm actually surprised they've gotten Gordon, they've done well there.  He'll get plenty of work, that's for sure.  safc, do you feel like the board is overspending with the expectation Keane will keep you up, or is there some new source of income?

I believe that the board are currently spending what they believe they can make back, yeah, through tv money and Premiership safety.  I do think they are giving Keane whatever he wants as they truely believe that he will keep us up.

We are in a '5 year plan' apparently, but a year ahead so it now has to become a '4 year plan'.  As relegation this season would put them behind Quinn schedule of being a recognised Premiership team within 5 years, so I believe as much money as possible is being spared to give us the best chance of staying up.

or Jloyd "Stroppy Teenager" Samuel flouncing around thinking he's Roberto Carlos.

Nigel 'England U21 Captain' Reo-Coker, that one you mean? Seemed quite happy to join for us, as it happened. Looked excellent on Saturday and in pre-season, played that holding midfield role excellently, kept the game flowing, allowed Petrov to get forward.

Much better than that useless idiot who tried playing that role last year ... what was his name again?

Now, now lads. Where's all this come from? :laugh:

"With the big kick-off only two days away the outsiders are getting restless and fighting amongst themselves, while the local residents look on, perplexed."

If anything, Trotter, you should be arguing with us!

Guest Triglett

Trotter58, Im curious, is the 58 at the end of your name because you were born in 1958?

Bolton won the cup in 58.

Apologies. It is the stress of a MON transfer window that is doing it.

2 days till start, still no right back, just the one LB etc etc

:(

:razz:

Guest trotter58

...and no nearer signing Jussi!

...and no nearer signing Jussi!

We're having Carson on loan for the year.

Then we'll be back for Jussi for nowt at the end of the season.

;)

Martin Nodeal.  mackems.gif

:blush:

Haha :lol:

yeah yeah, well, yeah right, errm, Sam Bummerdyce, yeah

Actually, I've just remembered, things could be worse. We could still have that pointless, clogging waste of organs Gavin McCann polluting our midfield, or Jloyd "Stroppy Teenager" Samuel flouncing around thinking he's Roberto Carlos.

Reo-Coker looked excellent in the friendly I saw here in Toronto.  Dominated a strong TFC midfield and got the ball forward quite well.  I think he'll have a great year for the Villa. 

Guest Triglett

yeah yeah, well, yeah right, errm, Sam Bummerdyce, yeah

'Big Sam' is embarrassing enough. Why does EVERYONE insist on calling him that?

Guest trotter58

'Big Sam' is embarrassing enough. Why does EVERYONE insist on calling him that?

'Big Sam' himself insists on being called 'Big Sam'! He evens signs letters, 'Big Sam'!

fulham getting in bouazza - they've been pretty busy this summer!

Better signing that Richardson imho.

Defo, Bouazza was as good if not better than Ashley Young when they were both at Watford, just the fact Young was English got him noticed. Would have liked Bouazza here if we needed a left winger fo'sure.

No way. Young is miles better than Bouazza, and justified at double the price. Young is technically a lot better than Bouazza, with Bouazza's main asset being his pace, whilst Young has a lot more trickery up his sleeve.

I liked Bouazza, and he was our best player last year but even he couldn't match up to Ash.