Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Best of luck to him. As Zero said, he could be our long term no 1 if it wasn't for Krul being quite special.

I doubt it. He's never looked good enough to play in the top flight when I've seen him.

Being the best keeper in SPL at such a young age does shows that he has some quality.  Judge him just base on a few pre-season matches is quite unfair.

The point is, while Forster seems like to be a "good" keeper in the future, Krul is showing signs of being a "great" keeper NOW.  Very, very unlucky for Forster.

He's nowhere near the best keeper in the SPL. Dont think he would have cut it as the Newcastle number 1.

• 2 months later...

Haven't seen much of him myself but he is now getting some rave reviews on Celitc's forum. I know that last year they weren't overly impressed:

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117372&page=25

Wasn't a fan of him last season but he's came on leaps and bounds this season, and he seems to really love it here.

His performance in Italy was Artur Boruc esque, think that's the highest compliment I can pay him.

He still has some aspects of his game to work on, his shot stopping is superb. A year or 2 more and he will be phenominal. I feel like he doesnt come out for some crosses he should have, things like this can be worked on though as the natural shot stopping ability is there. Tbh if we get him it'll only be for 2-3 seasons as if he performs in the champions league, it'll start raising some big bids for him

Originally Posted by MacEoghainn 

This is a no-brainer, IMO.

If anything, I can't believe it's *only* £2 million.

Same here.

Newcastle will be kicking themselves when he goes for 10 mill in 5 years time.

He's gonna be a top, top keeper.

If we do lose Krul (has to be conceeded its at least a possibility), have we already got a replacement?

His performance in Italy was Artur Boruc esque, think that's the highest compliment I can pay him.

:lol:

Which would be impressive, if Artur Boruc wasn't shite.

:lol:

Fair do's to him. Seems like he's not really going to get his chance here so good luck to the guy.

May be worth keeping as a long term replacement if we decide to cash in on Krul somewhere down the line. Promotion to second goalkeeper with him being the preferred choice for the cups next season, or maybe loan him out to a Premiership club to see if he's got what it takes for the Premiership? With Ranger's plight I can't see him wanting to stay at Celtic long term in what is essentially now a one team league.

May be worth keeping as a long term replacement if we decide to cash in on Krul somewhere down the line. Promotion to second goalkeeper with him being the preferred choice for the cups next season, or maybe loan him out to a Premiership club to see if he's got what it takes for the Premiership? With Ranger's plight I can't see him wanting to stay at Celtic long term in what is essentially now a one team league.

If he does want to stay, it tells you everything you need to know about him

It's a foundation about three hours from Bangkok. They teach these kids - kids with learning disabilities, Down's syndrome etc. - songs to help them learn English.

Good cause then. Just surreal to hear them singing a song about Forster :lol:

It's not much of a challenge for Forster to move permanently to Celtic. Celtic will probably win the title at a canter until Rangers sort themselves out which will take years. Maybe he likes it there or maybe he's desperate to win the Scottish Cup? If the £2m deal with NUFC is in place and it's just waiting on Forster agreeing a deal with Celtic why is he dragging his heels? Is he waiting for a better offer? I wonder if any other clubs have expressed an interest in him?