Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

So NE5 would rather believe the cockney twats than our chairman and manager.

You don't know any more than he does tbh

No, but I don't believe Mort was lying when he said this had been done as a response to dodgy behaviour on their part.

yeah, lawyers never lie.

What sort of response is upping the price?? in my book, either fucking childish, or stupid. Pull the deal, fair enough, but to turn round and go "nah, we want more now"...that sounds more like a group of people too used to getting their own way, not good business sense.

I don't think Ahsley is stupid, not by a long chalk, but i think what he did on taht occasion was very stupid.

Yeah, and you don't know what happened either, but go ahead and believe Magnusson/Curbishley and the cockneys rather than our people, if that makes you feel good.

What could West Ham have done that would make us up the price by £2 million and, potentially, leave us lumbered with Dire???

No one's come up with an answer to this question because there isn't one!!!

We fucked up and, even though I'd be sorry to see him go, if we got £6 million for Dire and Nobby I'd be happy.

The only theory about the whole Dyer situation that makes sense if you take the comments Mort and Allardyce have made at face value, and if you put stock in the retraction of the inflammatory comments by Egg man, is that West Ham tapped up Dyer before trying to do a deal with us.  Then, once the deal was all but done, the leadership at St. James' found out about the unscrupulous dealings and felt West Ham were taking advantage of a player they themselves had unsettled.  Thus, we asked for more money.  Just a theory, mind, but one that is consistent with all the information we know.

The fact that West Ham seems willing to continue the deal would indicate to me that they likely don't see Newcastle as entirely responsible for this situation. 

It will end up Nobby & Dyer for £8m combined.

Will be pissed if it does, got Nobby 4 on the bakc of my shirt he changes his number then might be leaving, brilliant.

I was going to do the same but then thought I might just wait until 1 September hence my vitriol to him because he wants to leave.

No, but I don't believe Mort was lying when he said this had been done as a response to dodgy behaviour on their part.

yeah, lawyers never lie.

What sort of response is upping the price?? in my book, either fucking childish, or stupid. Pull the deal, fair enough, but to turn round and go "nah, we want more now"...that sounds more like a group of people too used to getting their own way, not good business sense.

I don't think Ahsley is stupid, not by a long chalk, but i think what he did on taht occasion was very stupid.

Yeah, and you don't know what happened either, but go ahead and believe Magnusson/Curbishley and the cockneys rather than our people, if that makes you feel good.

"our people" - yes, mate, they are NUFC peple, so they MUST be more trustworthy than ANYONE else, definately. how foolish of me for not seeing that before. I fele such a fool for forgetting that anyone connected to this club is immediatley trustworthy.

yeah, lawyers never lie.

"our people" - yes, mate, they are NUFC peple, so they MUST be more trustworthy than ANYONE else, definately. how foolish of me for not seeing that before. I fele such a fool for forgetting that anyone connected to this club is immediatley trustworthy.

I feel such a fool for imagining you might ever take anything but the most negative possible view.

yeah, lawyers never lie.

I feel such a fool for imagining you might ever take anything but the most negative possible view.

Honest, not negative. What we did was fucking stupid, that was bloody obvious even to someone like you, surely?

Who has more experience brokering business deals?

1. One of London's best business lawyers who has overseen deals that dwarf anything in football?

2. A dodgy biscuit businessman who made money out of import-export trading and has strong financial links to a man with 450 criminal charges?

Been meaning to post this story for ages.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/investing-and-markets/article.html?in_article_id=414869&in_page_id=3

Magnusson's financial backer is abnaire financier who once played for Iceland's oldest club - and once received a jail sentence for his part in the collapse of an Icelandic shipping firm.  Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson was charged along with fellow executives on 450 criminal counts.

The prosecution came after a sixyear investigation into the collapse of Hafskip, then Iceland's second biggest shipping company.

Gudmundsson was convicted in 1991 of five minor book-keeping offences and given a 12-month jail sentence suspended for two years, in what many regarded as a politically motivated prosecution.

it does, unfortunately.

I've been told that we've done nothing wrong by somebody I trust so I'll accept that we haven't  done anything wrong until somebody else can prove the opposite.

Agree with jimmymag

I would add - with irony and don't really want to go over old ground but it deserves it - that if a different chairman had done this, then MICK [and many others] would be harping on and on about how embarrassing and wrong it is.

And it is exactly that. If we have lumped this fee on for the sake of it, it is bang out of order. And if Dyer has lost interest in the club, then shot ourselves in the foot too.

You're right, if we have bumped up the price for the sake of it then we would have been out of order, that doesn't appear to be the case.

it does, unfortunately.

Why won't you give the new board the benefit of the doubt just like you always did with the last lot though? Hardly seems fair.

Northern Monkey has said in post 777 what is in my mind, it makes sense.

Coupled with the fact that Allardyce himself has complained about backing. Unless you know more than he does about it.

Whether you like it or not, no manager complained about the last board like this. I want to believe they will back the manager as much as the last board, but just because I want to believe it doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to pretend that they are just yet.

What I say stands. If Shepherd and Hall had did this, they would be getting absolutely crucified by you lot, and whats more you know it.

BTW, the ex board had earned the benefit of the doubt in my eyes, because they had backed their managers and shown they had ambition, despite mistakes which of course nobody makes except us. If you underestimate the value of backing your managers, its your problem, people like me have tried to tell you for long enough.

it does, unfortunately.

I've been told that we've done nothing wrong by somebody I trust so I'll accept that we haven't  done anything wrong until somebody else can prove the opposite.

it's a bit late for you to pretend being an ITK now

it does, unfortunately.

We did nothing wrong apart from not banking £6 million for a player with a suspect medical history, poor temperament, and who the vast majority of fans have lost faith in.