Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

I don't miss him at all.  Epitome of the modern footballer tbh.  All image, no substance, no end product, legend in his own opinion, more interested in partying and his own PR than the club's success.  And couldn't stay fit.  His talent's been wasted really.

True, part of Englands Baby Bentley generation. Along with Jenas, Bramble and co.

Was it not NRC who started that? What justification do you have for adding JJ and Titus to this?

Guest Heneage

I don't miss him at all.  Epitome of the modern footballer tbh.  All image, no substance, no end product, legend in his own opinion, more interested in partying and his own PR than the club's success.  And couldn't stay fit.  His talent's been wasted really.

True, part of Englands Baby Bentley generation. Along with Jenas, Bramble and co.

Was it not NRC who started that? What justification do you have for adding JJ and Titus to this?

Because along with Anton and the likes they got money before the success. Bramble was on major cash at Newcastle. He would regularly take 10k out to go gambling and party then let friends "Keep the change" along with Jenas and Dyer it was "How much do we waste tonight." Dyer was even a twat to his so called friends. One story in particular proves this, he was out with some friends at the cinema and they were waiting while one went to the toliet, and they were all joking taking the mick like friends do, a friend had said something about the dodgy looking trainers Dyer had on if I remember right was some piece of clothing lets put it that way.

Dyer not only took offence but went "Listen I could pay for your entire life and your families twice and still have change ok, I could go buy your house make your family homeless" and basically took the joke much further than needs be, and got very personal to the point where the friend just left and rightly so. He was always an arrogant prick you got one chance to be another sycophant and if you weren't then you didn't get the time of day. Jenas wasn't as bad, but near the end got arrogant.

2 of the biggest misconceptions about bad players are Robert and Babayaro, those two were true gents, Robert would sign autographs till the sun went down and even stopped a lunch he was having with his wife in his car in the grounds car park to pose for a photo and sign a girls top. Babayaro was very much a nice guy and would help his friends anyway he could, when he left Newcastle he paid a few extra months of his flat for 2 friends to live in while they found a job and would regularly tell them "If you need any football boots or a new phone (During his Chelsea days) let me know."

I'll be honest I don't know massive amounts about the current crop, apart from the obvious like Martins being a nice guy Harper actually not being so nice and Dave Edgar being an arrogant twat.

Because along with Anton and the likes they got money before the success. Bramble was on major cash at Newcastle. He would regularly take 10k out to go gambling and party then let friends "Keep the change" along with Jenas and Dyer it was "How much do we waste tonight." Dyer was even a t*** to his so called friends. One story in particular proves this, he was out with some friends at the cinema and they were waiting while one went to the toliet, and they were all joking taking the mick like friends do, a friend had said something about the dodgy looking trainers Dyer had on if I remember right was some piece of clothing lets put it that way.

Dyer not only took offence but went "Listen I could pay for your entire life and your families twice and still have change ok, I could go buy your house make your family homeless" and basically took the joke much further than needs be, and got very personal to the point where the friend just left and rightly so. He was always an arrogant prick you got one chance to be another sycophant and if you weren't then you didn't get the time of day. Jenas wasn't as bad, but near the end got arrogant.

2 of the biggest misconceptions about bad players are Robert and Babayaro, those two were true gents, Robert would sign autographs till the sun went down and even stopped a lunch he was having with his wife in his car in the grounds car park to pose for a photo and sign a girls top. Babayaro was very much a nice guy and would help his friends anyway he could, when he left Newcastle he paid a few extra months of his flat for 2 friends to live in while they found a job and would regularly tell them "If you need any football boots or a new phone (During his Chelsea days) let me know."

I'll be honest I don't know massive amounts about the current crop, apart from the obvious like Martins being a nice guy Harper actually not being so nice and Dave Edgar being an arrogant t***.

one story ?

i saw dyer around town quite a bit and he always seemed quite embarrassed about the attention he was given. admittedly he didn't seem at ease at handling the public but in all the times i saw him i never saw him play the twat.

this is so nailed on 100% correct about dyer they should make it the epitaph on his gravestone, written in encrusted diamonds or something just to highlight how much of a total cunt he obviously is

anyone see the david james documentary thing ages ago?  can't remember the ins and outs but i'll always remember dyer came across as the biggest twat i'd ever set eyes on, it was something about a watch being more expensive than a car iirc(?)

twat of the highest order

Guest sittingontheball

You can paper over a lot of cracks and instill a bit of panic with a bit of pace and a bit of dribbling.

He wasn't all that good a footballer at the end of the day. He also never found a real position.

As for the party animal stuff, I think modern players do a fraction of what footballers used to do in the past, but get loads more stick for it. They get loads more cash now though, so a lot of them are jack flash.

I'm glad he's gone and I wouldn't take him back, Spiderman is a better replacement. ;p

There's not much between them in terms of quality or style of play tbh, not that people will like to admit it.

Think you're right the main difference is acceleration for me.

How we could do with another spiderman in the middle though.

Edit - Oh, and injury history/Fitness too. Obviously.

• 1 month later...
KIERON DYER SUFFERS SETBACK

KIERON DYER has suffered yet another injury setback on the comeback trail.

The West Ham midfield man hoped to be on the bench for the 2-0 FA Cup win over Hartlepool.

But Dyer is back on the treatment table with a calf problem after lasting only 38 minutes of a reserve match against Fulham last Tuesday.

Dyer, 30, has made two fleeting substitute appearances this month after 17 months out, having broken his leg just weeks after his £6million move from Newcastle.

But a club insider said: “It’s not an uncommon reaction after a long time out. He’ll need 10 days’ rest.”

Poor KD

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/141655/KIERON-DYER-SUFFERS-SETBACK-Midfielder-crocked-again-as-Sunderland-chase-Davenport.html

Guest palnese

I remember when we played Man Utd on Sky and they were talking of £20m moves to the likes of Old Trafford.

if that had been a reality he surely would have become a world class player and surley less injured..

i think we played Man Utd once, and the papers were saying that Dyer was better than Scholes before the game

Scholes went on to score a hattrick against us :angry:

No, Dyer said he was ready to take over from Scholes.

Guest neesy111

i think we played Man Utd once, and the papers were saying that Dyer was better than Scholes before the game

Scholes went on to score a hattrick against us :angry:

aye he wanted his england position and then scholes scores a hat-trick

the fact paul scholes scored more goals at st james than dyer did in this 8 season here show's how overrated he was

I remember that, he ending up looking daft.  :lol:

I looked more daft during that game when winding my Manchester United supporting brother in law when Jenas scored his goal.

I looked more daft during that game when winding my Manchester United supporting brother in law when Jenas scored his goal.

Typical southerner.

Typical southerner.

I can't really take the piss too much but the two blokes I sit near at work support Manchester United aswell  :undecided:

I remember when we played Man Utd on Sky and they were talking of £20m moves to the likes of Old Trafford.

I remember having a chat to Shola about Dyer & his £20 million move in Legends while Dyer was guzzling vodka + redbull down in one. Shola said "If Man Utd come you gotta go"