Baines signs for Everton

Guest hindu times

if the jose enrique stuff is true (admittedly it seems a little cold now) would it mean the baines thing was iffy to start with.

i think the left back saga has a while to go yet,maybe even till the middle of next week!

Guest firetotheworks

Everton or Juventus for Luis Gonzalez!? He has one of those names where you know youve seen him play but it seems so typically foreign that it could be anyone. Im guessing he must be canny good if a usually financially conservative club like everton want to spend 11m on him, anywhere near as good as Arteta and they'll be laughing.

Looks like its Enrique and Drago for us then.

Guest firetotheworks

Lucho Gonzalez is quality.

Ah riiiiiight, didnt realise lucho and luis is the same person, Im shite with argentinian players like.

if the jose enrique stuff is true (admittedly it seems a little cold now) would it mean the baines thing was iffy to start with.

i think the left back saga has a while to go yet,maybe even till the middle of next week!

Cold? Saturday brought an interview with the player himself confirming he's coming for a medical.

Cold? Saturday brought an interview with the player himself confirming he's coming for a medical.

But where's the hour long press conference from Allardyce confirming that they've reached an agreement over Enrique and also named his other 2/3 targets?

did it,sorry,missed it ? when ?

why wasn't he coming straight over for a mediacal ?(standing up,lap top in hand tapping my foot impatiently as i type that)

is that how far out the loop the chronic has become that on satday theyt are telling the drago as first choice as baines has chose everton story?

why wasn't he coming straight over for a mediacal ?(standing up,lap top in hand tapping my foot impatiently as i type that)

is that how far out the loop the chronic has become that on satday theyt are telling the drago as first choice as baines has chose everton story?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=43659.msg950385#msg950385

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=43659.msg951034#msg951034

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=43659.msg950385#msg950385

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=43659.msg951034#msg951034

well it was cold,nowt in the standard media about it when i came in,i'm getting caught up in the whole thing now,i know very little about him but hope we sign him .

i'm like a 12 year old girl with a new boy band,might be talantless but i love him already cos....just cos alreet

well it was cold,nowt in the standard media about it when i came in,i'm getting caught up in the whole thing now,i know very little about him but hope we sign him .

i'm like a 12 year old girl with a new boy band,might be talantless but i love him already cos....just cos alreet

:lol:

So you have no frame of reference here. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

Both Newcastle and Everton have had bids accepted for Baines and he is holding talks with both clubs according to skysports.com

Link

Sounds like nonesense to me.  Why would we go after Baines when we've almost completed the transfers of Dragutinovic and Enrique?  We have our top class experienced left back and top class young left back sorted right there.  There's no need for Baines..

352?

What? The 3 part of that all left-backs?

Two left backs (DLC and WBL), with one more as backup.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_2640553,00.html

Skysports.com understands Wigan ace Leighton Baines is in talks with Everton and Newcastle.

Wigan have given permission to Baines to talk to both clubs after they accepted undisclosed bids from their Premiership rivals for the talented full-back.

The Latics have reluctantly agreed to let Baines move as they look to get their squad in place for the start of the new season next weekend.

Baines has attracted the interest of a host of clubs with Sunderland failing to persuade him to move to the Stadium of Light after having a fee accepted for his services last month.

Everton are in the market for a new left-back with Joleon Lescott being played out of position in the role last season.

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce admitted on Friday that he could make a move for Baines as he looks to reshape his defensive options at St James' Park.

Baines is set to meet both clubs to discuss a possible move and the defender is expected to make a decision on his future over the weekend.

It is believed Everton are favourites to land Baines ahead of Newcastle because the player is keen to stay in the North West.