José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest neesy111

Some of you people are emotionally unbalanced. These comments mean very little other than Jose Enrique is a footballer who aspires to win medals. Like every other footballer.

Come the Summer anything could happen. We could have a great end to the season and show some ambition in the transfer market, which could make him consider a few more years at SJP, or, yes, he COULD be sold. We'll have to wait and see.

This isn't even remotely close to being as cut and dry as people make out.

Chillax.

I would have agreed 100% with that, until you used Chillax.

Some of you people are emotionally unbalanced. These comments mean very little other than Jose Enrique is a footballer who aspires to win medals. Like every other footballer.

Come the Summer anything could happen. We could have a great end to the season and show some ambition in the transfer market, which could make him consider a few more years at SJP, or, yes, he COULD be sold. We'll have to wait and see.

Chillax.

:clap:

Ian and Semtex well done you two guys are not fickle...

Chillax.

Take a chillaxative?

I personally do think we should replace Enrique with a hardened, Premiership left-back such as Elokobi. If I was Pardew I would also consider someone from as low as League One, such as Sean McDaid of Carlisle given the club's current aspirations.

Guest neesy111

Chillax.

Take a chillaxative?

Much Better. :thup:

Facetiousness aside, I'd like to see us go for Paulo De Ceglie, who plays for Juventus. As far as I know he isn't first choice at Juve (should be though) and he's not just a good left-back but would literally be a replacement for Enrique. He'd fit in with our style of play, and policy to develop promising, young players to be sold off for a large profit.

Chillax.

:clap:

Ian and Semtex well done you two guys are not fickle...

I am fickle like, after Hughton I was saying I hated football and I wouldn't follow it the same, then again after the Carroll sale. But here I am, the same as always!

Guest EastEndGeordie

TBH If Enrique does leave I'll think he'll be having one hell of a shock.  At NUFC he has the freedom to make mistakes and has the knowledge that he'll get in the first team, if he goes to a different club and has to compete with other LB's I can easily see him falling down the pecking order, ecspecially considering that he hasn't had competition for LB which if he did would surely knock his confidence.

On another level the f***er should shut his mouth and sign a new contract to the club that made him and if he love Liverpool so much he should've bloody signed for Liverpool when they wanted him three years ago ( http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_2643304,00.html ).

TBH If Enrique does leave I'll think he'll be having one hell of a shock.  At NUFC he has the freedom to make mistakes and has the knowledge that he'll get in the first team, if he goes to a different club and has to compete with other LB's I can easily see him falling down the pecking order, ecspecially considering that he hasn't had competition for LB which if he did would surely knock his confidence.

Yeah. Enrique is a good player and an improved player, but I'm not sure he's good enough for a Champions League club and the Spanish national side. His defending is still a bit hit and miss and he's still prone to giving the ball away in his own half.

Guest VegasToon

My thinking is he will stay if we improve the squad.  He probably has the same attitude about it as Barton.  We have a strong core of players we can build around.  We just need to invest in some more quality players and make the push for Europe and the Cups.  We are not that far from becoming a really good side.  This summer will tell the true intent of Ashley.  We have 35 million from Carroll and that can get us at least 4 quality players.  Whether we do or not will finally show us 100% what Ashley intends for us.