José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Talkshite were making a similar ish comment about Carroll the other day. Saying he'd gone from his home town club who played to his strengths to a "massive club" like Liverpool whose supporters and tradition demanded football be plated in the right way.

Absolute drivel.

while most of that is indeed drivel (they're the ones mindlessly hoofing it up to Carroll just like they did with Crouch) the hometown thing may be having an impact on him, isn't he often back at Newcastle anyway?

Sorry to bump this thread again, but I have to get this out of my system. Liverpool fans have been getting on my nerves for quite some time now, especially because of how they're treated by media and the perception that there is something superior and noble about their club, that the importance of Liverpool knows no limits and that you have to be of a certain standard to play for them. It drives me mad. I've seen plenty of examples from England, but the Swedish ones have been limited.

Today, a leading Liverpool fan site - the equivalent of the one I'm in charge of for NUFC-fans over here - have a fan saying he was worried Enrique wouldn't be up for it at Liverpool because of the massive difference that comes playing for Liverpool instead of Newcastle. He says he was worried Enrique would find it difficult at such a club because of all that comes with it. What exactly he's referring to, I don't know. Is it that he now has Carragher by his side instead of Coloccini? Is it that he plays in front of a smaller crowd?

My question is; how did this fed-up personality of Liverpool supporters come to be from the beginning? It's spreading on a global scale now, it seems.

You have to be a special type of footballer to play for Liverpool.  You have to accept that if you're away on club business then you're more than likely going home to an empty house.  No other set of players have to be able to handle that on such a scale.

Guest bimpy474

I think the word that sums Liverpool up is "Arrogance",  they just reek of it, i dont think i've ever come across a club that has the divine right attitude, that runs from the very top all way through to the fans.

Also that famous scouse wit, total bollocks in imo, if wit means loud, aggressive and overbearing then fair enough.

I hate Liverpool more than genocide, frankly.

Guest BooBoo

It's this tosh about Liverpool being a club that consistently play good football. They haven't played great "pass and move" football on a regular basis since prior to Italia 90.

Guest bimpy474

It goes deeper than the football club though.  Every single scouser I've worked with bar none has been a total and utter prick.  Every one.

May i chuck in "charmless" ;)

Guest bimpy474

It goes deeper than the football club though.  Every single scouser I've worked with bar none has been a total and utter prick.  Every one.

May i chuck in "charmless" ;)

I could sit here and type insults about the wall pushers all night TBH.

Aye, never get boring though will it :D

Ask Lpool fans how many titles Man U have won since they last won one. No doubting they are World Famous but I can't think of another World Famous club that has been less successful domestically.

Most of the fans have an arrogance that beggers belief. We get pelters for perceived expectations; they've not won the league for over 20 years. Wtf.

They have a huge fan base here in Sweden. I think my next major piece will be on how much I despise them and how it's come to my attention after the sales of Carroll and Enrique.They have 7-8000 people reading their articles on there everyday. Should cause some reaction. Just found an article on "Luis Enrique" and how well he's settling.

Looking at Red and White Kop. He's one of the best left backs in the world now. Suarez is one of the best players in the world too. Its amazing how they arn't up there with Barca tbh.

Looking at Red and White Kop. He's one of the best left backs in the world now. Suarez is one of the best players in the world too. Its amazing how they arn't up there with Barca tbh.

How dare you imply that Barca are better than the almighty LIVERPOOL?!

They won it five times, don't you know?