José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Jose thinks that the rest of his career would be better served at Liverpool rather than us. It's a crucial decision for him at an important point in his career, and he's made it. That's all that's happened here.

I don't think he's right on that, but let's not slit our wrists over it, or light the torches. Liverpool have been buying up a lot of high profile, flavour of the month-type signings, and I think that all they're doing is marking time.

Respectfully disagree there. Liverpool have wasted a lot of money but this is their best value signing of the summer by a country mile. He will bring a lot to their game both defensively and in possession.

Guest bimpy474

Seeing as Jose wants Champions League Football, what if Liverpool dont finish in the top 4 ?, its about money too, always is.

Other than obviously every footballer wanting to play at the highest level, what is your source on that?

Pardew said it, saying he thought holding on to Jose would be hard as he wants Champions league footy, ambition is what all players should have, not going to a champions league team though is he.

Nothing will get Ashley out unless a buyer comes in with his asking price.

Unless we can drug up some homeless guy and convince him to kidnapp one of his immediate family members, Ashley will not give a fuck what we do, no matter how loud we sing or how much negative press he recieves.

Not that people shouldn't hurl abuse at the wanker like.

Seeing as Jose wants Champions League Football, what if Liverpool dont finish in the top 4 ?, its about money too, always is.

Other than obviously every footballer wanting to play at the highest level, what is your source on that?

Pardew said it, saying he thought holding on to Jose would be hard as he wants Champions league footy, ambition is what all players should have, not going to a champions league team though is he.

Yeah thought so.

Can't see how Ashley is asset stripping because he doesn't want to give a couple of scousers lucrative contracts into their 30s and Enrique engineering his own move.

Aye, giving away our first team players for free isn't asset stripping like, it's a bloody good laugh.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah thought so.

What he lied  :)

Can't see how Ashley is asset stripping because he doesn't want to give a couple of scousers lucrative contracts into their 30s and Enrique engineering his own move.

Are you actually taking the piss?

Jose doesn't want to play for us. If you want to judge the wisdom of offloading Nolan and Barton, wait till Joey moves on and see the level they're both at.

Guest bimpy474

Am i wrong ?

Tell me when Enrique has said he wanted Champions League Football and I'll say no.

Pardew said it in an interview, i'm sure Jose would have come out and said if that was a lie like.

Are you actually taking the piss?

Jose doesn't want to play for us. If you want to judge the wisdom of offloading Nolan and Barton, wait till Joey moves on and see the level they're both at.

Aye SSR, but add in the context of all of Nolan, Barton, Enrique and Carroll going... and no substantial reinvestment.

Are you actually taking the p*ss?

And Carroll. That not asset stripping either? Howay man

They will be off the wage bill and £10 million plus received in transfer fees not including the Carroll monies .Colo ,Toite and Jonas next if an acceptable bid comes in and we all know it will happen with  replacements (if any) coming in who may not be up to standard .

Newcastle United were the only club of the 104 surveyed in England, Wales and Scotland not to disclose their matchday prices.

Should be in another thread, but at least it will get read in here. It's from a survey of the cost of going to matches throughout all the leagues and on the BBC Sport web site.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew said it in an interview, i'm sure Jose would have come out and said if that was a lie like.

:lol: OK.

Pardew did say that he had spoken to Jose and that was the crux of it, i guess its whether we believe what Pardew said, but why even before Carroll left would Jose say no contract talks until we are safe, bearing in mind we were around tenth, i dont blame him for moving, not at all, but the stringing along of the club, not answering calls to discuss his contract, not fair on us that, as the fans.

Guest bimpy474

My point is Jose wasn't signing anyway, if he just said i'm not signing at least we knew where we stood.

Funny thing is, in Spain, Italy, France etc, players announce they are leaving some 6 months or more before they do and their fans applaud them and still support them, yet here players are too scared to.