José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

ALAN PARDEW CONFIRMS JOSE ENRIQUE IS SET TO LEAVE NEWCASTLE UNITED THIS SUMMER – EPL NEWS

(0)  (0)

Posted By:  Matyn Stinson

Category:

Football (soccer) News

Alan Pardew confirms Jose Enrique is set to leave Newcastle United this summer – EPL News

Newcastle United manager, Alan Pardew, has confirmed that the want-away full back, Jose Enrique, has refused to sign a new contract with the Toon and will leave the St. James Park in the current transfer window.

Enrique, who joined Newcastle United from Villarreal, has been a standout performer at the St. James Stadium. The 25-year-old was a crucial member of Newcastle United’s that earned Barclays Premier League promotion two seasons ago.

The Spanish defender has emerged as a target for a number of clubs after Enrique impressed immensely for the Toon last season. European and Spanish champions Barcelona, Arsenal and Liverpool all have targeted the Newcastle United left back.

Barcelona are searching for an established left-back to replace the aging Eric Abidal. Arsenal recently sold their experienced left back, Gael Clichy, and Arsene Wenger has now targeted Enrique to replace the Frenchman on the left side of the Gunners’ defence.

Liverpool are leading the race for Enrique’s signature. The Reds have been linked with the Spanish defender for some time as Kenny Dalglish is looking to sign an experienced left sided defender.

Pardew has confirmed that the want-away left back has decided not to sign a new contract with the Magpies and has publicly expressed his desire to play for one of the top Premier League clubs.

“He’s made it pretty clear that he still won't sign a contract and that his future may be elsewhere,” confirmed Pardew.

Newcastle United manager expressed his discontentment over Enrique’s refusal to sign a new contract but he has insisted that the club will positively deal with the situation.

“I'm not really comfortable with that, but we will have to deal with it and we are still hoping that he signs a contract with us. There has to be doubt over that situation,” Alan Pardew concluded.

Jose Enrique has been one of the consistent members of Alan Pardew’s squad. The Spanish defender missed only two Premier League matches last season.

http://blogs.bettor.com/Alan-Pardew-confirms-Jose-Enrique-is-set-to-leave-Newcastle-United-this-summer-EPL-News-a83223

Those are the quotes from a few days ago aren't they?

Also doesn't say he's "set to leave" at all, it actually says his future "may be elsewhere". I know he's likely to go, but the media take the piss sometimes.

I thought they were older quotes but seems to be from todays presser... local press waiting until tomorrow to print what was said today.

They definitely aren't new quotes from today. Can't be bothered to search for the link, but they've definitely been reported before.

ah well, we shall hear what he said on Jose today soon enough, cannot imagine ifs anything too different though.

Interesting, I'm relatively satisfied with that. Likely he'll leave, but possible he'll stay. That's all we can ask for at the moment IMO.

We should still be looking to sign at least one LB though, either way we need replacement or cover.

Interesting, I'm relatively satisfied with that. Likely he'll leave, but possible he'll stay. That's all we can ask for at the moment IMO.

We should still be looking to sign at least one LB though, either way we need replacement or cover.

I concur.

I concur.

I do not.

No decent replacement will come if Jose is here, and I have difficulty having faith in a first teamer who will be openly talking to other clubs in six months.

Guest Antec

SSN, Pards interview

hopeful Jose will sign new deal, no deadline for him to sign, Jose does not want to sign as yet, its one of the best contract offers they have ever made

I'm guessing Jose isn't looking for more money/a longer contract. When will Pardew figure it out though? Unless we've offered him a much bigger wage so he signs and we get a bigger fee for him in the near future

He said he'd sign when we were safe.

He said he'd sign at the end of the season.

He said he'd sign when he knew this and that etc.

I'm starting to worry about this coming season!!!!! :frantic:

I agree with that as well, sort of, but I think Enrique is good enough for us to take a risk on him eventually deciding to sign.

As I said though, another LB should arrive anyway.

The guy has said he'd open talks when we were safe, then in the summer and now he's incommunicado.

You're thinking he might 'eventually decide to sign' at some stage this season knowing he's walking into a life changing signing on fee and better wages with more prospect of winning something at his next club?

Right...........................................

Does anybody think that he would stay if we went out and showed some ambition signing a 10m STRIKER and a classy right back (for example)????

That doesn't make us a CL team, so no i don't think that will change his mind.

Does anybody think that he would stay if we went out and showed some ambition signing a 10m STRIKER and a classy right back (for example)????

That doesn't make us a CL team, so no i don't think that will change his mind.

:sadnod:

Still maintain he's had no intention of signing regardless of anything the club does. He had his head turned in Jan/Feb and will go sooner rather than later imo. There's no rush for him as if he doesn't make the move to a CL club this summer then he can walk into a better contract in 10 months time.