José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

One massive aid to us keeping him is an international call up, he gets capped for Spain then he may not long so much for Champions League football.

Aye, keeping company with the Spanish squad will put him off the CL  :undecided:

I just think he feels playing in Europe would help him getting a call up, but if he got that call this season then he would be happy.

Even better if come the end of the season we are in a Euro spot, if its not money that's the issue then I can't see why he would leave.

One massive aid to us keeping him is an international call up, he gets capped for Spain then he may not long so much for Champions League football.

Aye, keeping company with the Spanish squad will put him off the CL  :undecided:

I just think he feels playing in Europe would help him getting a call up, but if he got that call this season then he would be happy.

Even better if come the end of the season we are in a Euro spot, if its not money that's the issue then I can't see why he would leave.

I get the feeling he'd be lucky to get a call up while playing outside of Spain tbh

Aye, keeping company with the Spanish squad will put him off the CL  :undecided:

I get the feeling he'd be lucky to get a call up while playing outside of Spain tbh

He would if he played for any of your top 4/Liverpool.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-Newcastle-set-for-bidding-war-Jose-Enrique-Newcastle-reveal-want-sell-defender-quickly-so-can-buy-replacement-article767876.html

Jose Enrique will be sold to the highest bidder by Newcastle after Alan Pardew revealed the player is not “focused” on the club.

Toon manager Pardew has admitted they won’t keep Enrique this summer, which would mean running the risk of losing out on a potential £8million-plus transfer fee.

The Spanish left-back, a target for Arsenal and Liverpool, has been offered one of the club's most lucrative contracts in recent times - according to Pardew - but is refusing to sign.

So, the Magpies' boss wants a deal to be struck swiftly so he can reinvest the cash from the sale in buying a replacement.

As Newcastle prepare to kick off their pre-season fixtures tonight against Darlington, Pardew said of Enrique: “There is a slight difference between Joey Barton’s situation, with a year left on his contract, and Jose.

“Joey seems pretty focused on Newcastle whereas the noises coming out of Jose's camp are that he wants to get a new club [that is] playing Champions League football.

"We cannot offer him that at the moment, so that seems to be his focus. Hopefully that will change.

“It is a moving feast. We have got to be ready because if he goes, it is going to leave a big hole in the team and we need to fill it quickly. But he does travel to the United States with us.

“It is not ideal for us, as you can imagine. It is difficult. We have offered him a massive contract for this football club and he does not seem to want to sign it, so it is a very difficult position.

“We have had no concrete offers, but we are going to try and have contingency plans in place so that if we do lose X, then Y comes in.

"We are going to have to give ourselves some sort of chance, so that [a deadline-day exit like Andy Carroll’s to Liverpool in January, which left Newcastle with no time to buy a replacement] does not happen again.

"We not want to be in the same position as last time.”

Pardew has also admitted winger Wayne Routledge will be sold.

“Wayne has come back to us and looks good in training," he said, "but it looks like he’s set on going somewhere else.”

In terms of signings, Newcastle have given up on Neil Taylor, the Swansea left-back, after the cost became too high.

“I don’t think Neil Taylor will come to the club," said Pardew. "We got to a situation where we thought there was a price that was set in his contract. That has been proved not to be the case.

"Therefore, it started to get a little bit higher than we anticipated in terms of the fee. I think the boy will end up staying at Swansea.”

Pardew has defended the club against accusations that they have come up well short of spending the £35m raised from Carroll’s sale.

A £7m bid for Paris St Germain striker Mevlut Erdinc remains on the table.

"Going into the season, as we stand now, I think we’re a little bit stronger than we were in the second half of last year," said Pardew.

"The additions we have added will add some intelligence to our play. Particularly [Lille midfielder Yohan] Cabaye, who’s a really intelligent player. I think you’ll see a slightly different Newcastle to last year.

“I’ve been honest in terms of the money - it’s going to be put back into the club.

"We need to make sure that, over the next three or four years, we grow. Our finances have been structured in a way that the team grows each year.”

Jose is acting like a nobber, unfortunately it will be best for both parties if he's sold this summer.

The difference between Joey and Jose is that Joey wants a new contract and will be playing to get one.  Jose's performances already came into question last season and it will be even worse if he stays.  He's not interested, doesn't wanna be here and his attitude will be damaging to morale.

Fuck you, Jose. :(

A few pages back when I kicked off over this my worry was how Jose would play if he did stay to run down his contract, Pards questions his focus there, so I say if its going to be that wat then we have no choice but to sell.

HOWEVER

Pards on NUFCTV is a lot less negative about Jose, its recorded at the press conference. Seems this stuff in the papers was what was said to the written press.

Best of luck to Jose wherever he goes but if he has been "has been offered one of the club's most lucrative contracts in recent times - according to Pardew ,if thats to be believed and im far from sure it is what has happened to our pay structure or is Jose been offered an extra £50 a week  ;D

If Jose wants away, then best to let him go asap for as good a deal as possible. No sense in having an unhappy/unmotivated player on our hands. I'm disappointed that he wants to leave, but having done his bit for us over the last two seasons - I wish him well.

He needs to do the honourable thing and slap a formal transfer request in if he's that unhappy. It'll make his move that little bit easier to sort out.

Can see this one from both sides tbh.

Guest BooBoo

I dont expect to see him involved in the pre season games.

If he's going then it would be far more beneficial to play Ferguson.

He has to face the fact that he hasn't convinced the bigger clubs of his quality. I don't think he'll get a better offer than the one he's got from us. I don't mean financially, I mean his future prospects.

That's unless he'd rather move from the area, but there's no suggestion of that.

He needs to do the honourable thing and slap a formal transfer request in if he's that unhappy. It'll make his move that little bit easier to sort out.

:sadnod:

It's really infuriating because he's a great player and I really don't want to see him leave. I also think we're not a million miles away from convincing him to stay.

On the other hand, if he's set his sights on leaving then we should cash in. It'd be criminal to let him go for nothing next Summer, and his rumoured 'focus' issues make it pointless keeping him.

Who knows :dontknow:

It's really infuriating because he's a great player and I really don't want to see him leave. I also think we're not a million miles away from convincing him to stay.

On the other hand, if he's set his sights on leaving then we should cash in. It'd be criminal to let him go for nothing next Summer, and his rumoured 'focus' issues make it pointless keeping him.

Who knows :dontknow: