José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

It's a tough situation to be in. We keep arguably our best player, who could be a big part of a push into the top seven - who could equally be disinterested all season and be half the player we know he is.

Or... we cash in on him for say £6 million and bring in a hungry player who wants to be here.

He is not going to sign a new contract here (hilarious seeing those who remain hopeful he will) so I'd sell him, personally.

Ferguson will be cited.

Possibly, I guess we also have some dodgy cover for RB as well in the form of the Taylor twins, but I wouldn't want to be seeing them play there much.

Don't worry, the defence isn't going to have much to do next year, the midfield aren't going to let the opposition see any of the ball and most of the goals we conceded last year were Nolan's fault. ;)

Enrique = a cunt who is being disrespectful to the fans and only interested in money by sticking to the terms of his contract signed 5 years ago even through a relegation and not signing a "highly lucrative" new contract.

Ben Arfa, Ba, Cabaye, Marveaux = good lads with well researched solid characters, just looking for a bigger footballing challenge (in some cases a bigger challenge than being Champions of their native league and playing in the CL).

Massive double standards lads. You play by the sword, you die by the sword. As ye sow, so shall ye reap. etc

Ferguson will be cited.

Possibly, I guess we also have some dodgy cover for RB as well in the form of the Taylor twins, but I wouldn't want to be seeing them play there much.

Don't worry, the defence isn't going to have much to do next year, the midfield aren't going to let the opposition see any of the ball and most of the goals we conceded last year were Nolan's fault. ;)

Enrique = a c*** who is being disrespectful to the fans and only interested in money by sticking to the terms of his contract signed 5 years ago even through a relegation and not signing a "highly lucrative" new contract.

Ben Arfa, Ba, Cabaye, Marveaux = good lads with well researched solid characters, just looking for a bigger footballing challenge (in some cases a bigger challenge than being Champions of their native league and playing in the CL).

Massive double standards lads. You play by the sword, you die by the sword. As ye sow, so shall ye reap. etc

:facepalm:

Ferguson will be cited.

Enrique = a cunt who is being disrespectful to the fans and only interested in money by sticking to the terms of his contract signed 5 years ago even through a relegation and not signing a "highly lucrative" new contract.

No he isn't a cunt for sticking to the terms of his contract.  What people have a problem with is the fact that he won't let people know what his intentions are for certain.  He won't enter talks on a new contract but he won't actually come out and say "I want to leave" either.  He's being a sneaky little fucker and trying to have his cake and eat it and while he has every right to do it, people also have every right to call him a cunt for it.

He has worked himself into this situation through playing well and raising his stock. I wouldn't say he's a cunt for that, he's just realised where he's at in his career and where he could go next. It would be stupid for him to sign now unless he's happy to stay here.

Yes he's played well and if he just came out and made his position clear one way or the other I'd say fair enough, but right now he's pissing us about.

I wouldn't call him a cunt either at this point, but I've really started to lose patience with the lad.

Ok but did anyone really say he's a cunt for fullfilling his contract though?

I don't really see what he's done wrong though. So he's stalled on signing a new contract and most likely will leave. He might not have given a firm indication whether he's staying or going because he's waiting to see who comes in. Obviously he'd prefer to play CL but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he'll sign on here again if the right move doesn't materialise.

If I believed for a moment that he has any intention of possibly signing a new contract with us then I might see it the same way as you.  But I don't believe that at all.  IMO the stalling is just about not wanting to put himself in an awkward position with the fans if he doesn't get the offer he wants in this window.  Is that wrong?, I don't know, its sneaky IMO, underhanded, either way its bad for the club.  Like I said cunt isn't a word I'd use, but I also don't agree with the opposite view that people shouldn't have any problem with what he's doing either.  I'm losing patience with him rapidly now so I don't begrudge anyone being a bit pissed off at the lad.

If he is just running down his contract how would it help if he came out openly and said so? Would we be better off as a team if the fans were on his back because they knew he was off? Yes it would be better for us if he moved now but unless he gets the move he wants then he's going to play to his contract, and I don't really see much point in us getting pissed at it.

If he's decided 100% that he wants to run down his contract and leave for nothing then telling us that won't be a great help no, though it'd still be for the best for us IMO

If however he simply wants to leave 100% (wether from a move this window or for free in a year) then it would be a big benefit to the club to know that.  They'd then know that they need to sell him for the best price they can get ASAP and get a replacement in.  But they aren't going to do that while they think there's a chance he'll stay.

unfortunately it's like the N'Zogbia situation in that no clubs will bid for a while. of course, jose won't say anything in the meantime because he doesn't want to burn his bridges with us - he still loves it here and it's a professional decision only. he'll not want to leave on a downer. so without any bids or words from Jose, we're stuck in a very frustrating impasse. the club are desperate for him to stay but will do everything in it's power to stop him running down the contract, and there comes a point where we can't wait any longer. if this continues for another 2 weeks they'll want him gone because we can't assume m'bengue is waiting for us. he could easily sign elsewhere.

i hate this.

Why would you die playing with the sword?

And again UV rubbishes the suggestion of many that because we'll be able to keep the ball better, our defence won't have to work harder but won't take up a single simple bet that we'll concede less than last year OR that we'll place better OR that we'll end up with more points.